Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tesco ADSL Broadband

Old 22-May-2009, 15:34
steelwind101

Default Tescos/Virgin line speed upgrade

I dont know if this is important;

Last night my Tescos internet went out at about 1:30 in the morning. It all came back to life at about 5:30.

It was 512k unlimited plan and router used to be connected at 512k (belkin router) or there abouts.

Since last night im at 7616Kb Up 448Kb Down.

I dont really seem to have had much of a speed increase, i guess that its still limited at there end? Broadband Speed tests done today suggest download is 0.74 MB/s.

I dont know if they plan to roll us all on to 2 or 8 mbit or if it was just Virgin doing some where, can i expect a free upgrade?!

Also, it seems like Tescos want to move in to the mobile internet, if there slow speeds on their homeband is anything to go it wont be a good service!

However, Tescos have been reliable and for my gaming, the ping is low. Lower then my Skys or BT at about 42ms in the UK and out to German based gaming serves at 52ms! Other UK users on the server are about 65 and 80 ms!

Steel.
Old 02-June-2009, 17:21
oooutouchedmytalala

Default Re: Tescos/Virgin line speed upgrade

I dont know if this is important;

Last night my Tescos internet went out at about 1:30 in the morning. It all came back to life at about 5:30.

It was 512k unlimited plan and router used to be connected at 512k (belkin router) or there abouts.

Since last night im at 7616Kb Up 448Kb Down.

I dont really seem to have had much of a speed increase, i guess that its still limited at there end? Broadband Speed tests done today suggest download is 0.74 MB/s.

I dont know if they plan to roll us all on to 2 or 8 mbit or if it was just Virgin doing some where, can i expect a free upgrade?!

Also, it seems like Tescos want to move in to the mobile internet, if there slow speeds on their homeband is anything to go it wont be a good service!

However, Tescos have been reliable and for my gaming, the ping is low. Lower then my Skys or BT at about 42ms in the UK and out to German based gaming serves at 52ms! Other UK users on the server are about 65 and 80 ms!

Steel.
Originally Posted by steelwind101 View Post
hi mate

yeah you have been switched to Virgin LLU under the tesco name,

YOur router will sync at high speeds as you have stated but tesco will still be capping it at 512k.

imo changed to virgin uncapped and you will ge those speeds and gernerally at a cheaper price.

Tags
belkin, broadband, bt, free, internet, line, mobile, router, slow, speed, speeds, virgin