Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 25-December-2013, 23:34
Formerly exstreamuser

Default What's (not) Bugging You?

A topic with a difference. If you have something negative to say, you must also say something positive -- and vice versa.

-----

I had a great meal but now I am tired.
Old 26-December-2013, 00:45
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: What's (not) Bugging You?

Negative??? Who's negative?? That's not good... pot's half full, not half empty!!
Old 26-December-2013, 10:08
Screamer

Default Re: What's (not) Bugging You?

i hate it wen nobody else is here wen i am

i love it wen u guys leave replies
Old 26-December-2013, 14:27
Foxy Lady

Sorry silhouette, we all have lives you know and need to be other places at times... usually, it seems, the same times you are on here!

If you would like to post a schedule, we'll see what we can do to accommodate you... can't promise anything though.
Old 26-December-2013, 23:32
Safe Sane Consensual

Great at last to have a thread for intellectual comment. Makes me scratch my head and the hairs fall out!
Old 27-December-2013, 01:27
Foxy Lady

You mean you still have hairs on your head Worldlife??
Old 27-December-2013, 07:30
Safe Sane Consensual

You mean you still have hairs on your head Worldlife??
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
If I were to be honest I would have mentioned dandruff instead of hairs. This could have put some people off their Christmas lunch
Old 27-December-2013, 07:32

Got a new camera for Xmas. It's dead out of box. However, the lens is much better than that on my previous one and it fits :-)
Old 27-December-2013, 07:51
Safe Sane Consensual

Got a new camera for Xmas. It's dead out of box. However, the lens is much better than that on my previous one and it fits :-)
Originally Posted by RTI View Post
Do you have to insert or charge batteries? Otherwise for this thread it will have to be a happy funeral with jazz bands

Last edited by Worldlife; 27-December-2013 at 13:00.
Old 27-December-2013, 07:59
Screamer

Sorry silhouette, we all have lives you know and need to be other places at times... usually, it seems, the same times you are on here!

If you would like to post a schedule, we'll see what we can do to accommodate you... can't promise anything though.
thats so so so so sweeeet of u, Lady Jen!!! like i said, u r bt i think i ought 2 get off d net and go find a life!!
Old 27-December-2013, 13:02
Safe Sane Consensual

thats so so so so sweeeet of u, Lady Jen!!! like i said, u r bt i think i ought 2 get off d net and go find a life!!
Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
This is life when one is a shadow of one's self! Sad isn't it!
Old 27-December-2013, 13:08
Screamer

Worldlife Sir, methinks its better than being in another's shade or being another's shadow...am i making sense?
Old 27-December-2013, 13:30
Safe Sane Consensual

Worldlife Sir, methinks its better than being in another's shade or being another's shadow...am i making sense?
Dear phantom of the light.......... it depends of whether you are speaking of what was or what is. Sometimes a shadow can be completely happy to rely on the sun. Once achieving independence with just the light of a moon it would be difficult to return to the former sunshine..........

Does that make even less sense?
Old 27-December-2013, 13:39
Screamer

True, Worldlife Sir a small whiff of independence is enuf 2 break chains!! makes sense alright!
Old 27-December-2013, 15:01
Safe Sane Consensual

True, Worldlife Sir a small whiff of independence is enuf 2 break chains!! makes sense alright!
[smiles] Christmas Eve my wife certified that I had recovered from my quadruple bypass operation. The reason was that I had started to inject my ideas into the food preparation and Boxing Day meal for our family. Wow I was trespassing into the demaine she had created for her own independence during my period of being invalided. Made me feel like a control freak!

Of course I was right! Slow cooking of our turkey mean succulent breasts and the legs were rather nice too.

Old 28-December-2013, 01:10
Foxy Lady

I have never had a dry turkey yet, people who complain that turkeys are dry are not cooking them properly. You have to be careful slow cooking meat in the oven, as if you cook it too slow it can make it go off instead of cooking it, especially in a fan oven.

I stuff my turkey with a it of stuffing, a whole onion, a whole apple and then another bit of stuffing, upside down and then turn it for the last half hour to let the skin brown on the top... voilà!!... one perfectly cooked, juicy turkey!!

If I were you Worldlife, I would keep well out of your wife's domain, unless specifically invited in... after all, she's done very well without our help whilst caring for you during your recovery. After all, us women need somewhere in the home we can claim as our domain, now don't we?!
Old 28-December-2013, 02:43
Safe Sane Consensual

Dear Foxy Lady - thanks for the cookery tips

Agree when cooking at low temperatures it is important to have a start temperature that kills off most of the bacteria mainly on the outer surfaces or in cuts.

The other issue of course is the accuracy of the oven thermostat. Our fan over is correct but the adjacent conventional oven is ten degrees C under and we have to allow for that in our settings.

We cook any stuffing that is to be plated separately as you cannot guarantee internal stuffing will reach a safe temperature - particularly if it is a stuffing containing minced meat.

If I am banned from the kitchen I will ban my beloved from my car or my den!!

lol,
<snip>
As for seeking a date with me.... where on earth did that come from??!! Sorry to disappoint but I feel I must inform you that unfortunately you have the wrong 'bits' for that ever to be an option... plus, my wife wouldn't be too pleased about it either!
No need to blush - it looks like I need to give both you and your partner a very big hug
Old 28-December-2013, 03:24
Foxy Lady

Dear Foxy Lady - thanks for the cookery tips

If I am banned from the kitchen I will ban my beloved from my car or my den!!

No need to blush - it looks like I need to give both you and your partner a very big hug
Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
Re: stuffing... I have always cooked mine inside the bird and never have had any problems, so I will keep doing this as I believe in the adage... if it isn't broke, don't fix it!

If you ban your beloved from your car or den I don't think she would mind that much! lol

As for the hug... thanks, right back at ya!!
Old 28-December-2013, 15:59
Screamer

[smiles] Christmas Eve my wife certified that I had recovered from my quadruple bypass operation. The reason was that I had started to inject my ideas into the food preparation and Boxing Day meal for our family. Wow I was trespassing into the demaine she had created for her own independence during my period of being invalided. Made me feel like a control freak!

Of course I was right! .

Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post
Isn't that jus like a man!!! anyway, u best leave d expert 2 it.....stay outta her domain!!!
Old 29-December-2013, 05:48
Safe Sane Consensual

Isn't that jus like a man!!! anyway, u best leave d expert 2 it.....stay outta her domain!!!
One thing I have found, from being banned from driving for six weeks, is that as a regular passenger in my own car the hedges and kerb sometimes look very close!

When I am driving there are never sharp intakes of breath by my wife as passenger. Its just that every car we sell has inside front passenger door handles scuffed by wedding ring or jewellery.
Old 29-December-2013, 23:32
Foxy Lady

Since learning to drive herself, my other half has become more nervous when travelling in the passenger seat and like your wife, she continuously grabs the door handle, corner of the seat, door compartment, in fact anything that can afford her stability. Not that I drive erratically because I don't but she is noticeably more nervous a passenger now than she used to be!!

Myself, I must admit to noticing the same as yourself when in the passenger seat, kerbs, hedges, parked cars, etc., seem far nearer and much to close for comfort!! Think it must be a control thing... when not driving we feel out of control and the driver does not drive the way we do, so therefore makes us feel nervous. Also, it's very strange sitting on the nearside of the car when you're used to sitting more near the middle of the road on the offside!
Old 31-December-2013, 14:30
Screamer

Hope there r fewer accidents and less violence this yr all around d world as people make merry during d new yr celebrations!
Old 31-December-2013, 15:47
Foxy Lady

Hope there r fewer accidents and less violence this yr all around d world as people make merry during d new yr celebrations!

Amen to that silhouette!!
Old 31-December-2013, 21:24
Scrimper

I hate New years................ but............I am glad to see the end of the old year!
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 01-January-2014, 01:54
Formerly exstreamuser

LOL

I was all set for the turn of the clock and year but my computer clock was slow!

I went out and took in the air from 2014 and then it started to rain!

I may have fixed my Internet connection but I may also have upset RAMBO!

I do like the opportunities that a fresh start can bring but I have too many websites to change the date on!

Sometimes I struggle to find something to say and sometimes I don't!
Old 01-January-2014, 06:56
Safe Sane Consensual

<snip>
Sometimes I struggle to find something to say and sometimes I don't!
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
...but most of what I have to say is not worthwhile saying

There that is my first New Year Resolution broken!
Old 01-January-2014, 16:13
Foxy Lady

lol, rules & resolutions are meant to be broken Worldlife!!

andrew... what on earth was all that about???

druid... don't know why you hate new years honey, or why you are glad to see the back of the last one but things could be worse. Look on the bright side and see that the glass is half full, not half empty... look for the upside of everything, there always is one, it's just sometimes hidden very, very well... but it is there!!
Old 02-January-2014, 21:43
Scrimper

druid... don't know why you hate new years honey, or why you are glad to see the back of the last one but things could be worse.
Perhaps Hate was too strong a word, maybe I should have said that I am always sad to see the end of a year, it always seems so final and since I was a young child I have always found New years eve a sad time, not really sure why but I always have!

I am sort of glad to see the back of 2013 as we have had some problems, for starters early in Jan we had quite a serious house fire at 4am in which both myself and my wife were almost asphyxiated by the thick black smoke that filled the house but on the positive side our German shepherd dog Max the 3rd saved us by waking us up and according to the emergency services almost certainly saved our lives.

Max the 3rd was abandoned to starve in Wales and we gave him a home so He repaid the debt by rescuing us!
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 02-January-2014, 21:52
Formerly exstreamuser

Ha! Max just wanted you to open the door so he could get out!

Joking apart, that is both a sad and nice story.

I do see where you are coming from. I get very easily attached to the stupidest of things and I see no reason not to feel some grief at the "loss" of a year.

I do tend to take a different approach on that myself. I have a positive view on the past making us who we are today, whether the past was bad or good. I simply look forward to the natural "break" as it is an obvious time to reassess things and forge forward with the likes of a "fresh start".

*looks up*

I really should have gone shopping today but I do have enough to be able to live until tomorrow.
Old 02-January-2014, 23:21
Safe Sane Consensual

That reminds me I had better get some new smoke alarms to replace those with ten year battery life that have failed after two years

Glad your and wife were OK Druid and that Max was a dog hero.

Tags
bad, battery, bt, car, christmas, computer, connection, dead, forward, happy, home, internet, make, settings, shopping, slow, vision, xmas