Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > Photo Phorum

Old 12-May-2007, 08:38
Screamette

Default Re: Alfie, jack russel pup

He's got such big paws, that's usually a sign that he's going to grow big himself.......
.......but JR's don't grow big, do they?
Old 12-May-2007, 09:17
riderr

He's got such big paws, that's usually a sign that he's going to grow big himself.......
.......but JR's don't grow big, do they?
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
Most JRs' ive know/owned in the past have had big feet,even at a young age !!
there are so many different styles of JRs' from Parsons ( long legs ) to Wire haired variety !!.....

heres a link to Alfies Dad...Foxwarren Linton Jack....
look for Dogs Tab at the top, you got some good reading here .

http://www.foxwarren.co.uk/1432/frames.php

he is the JR on the left with one patch over his eye.

But as for growing big,i hope not too big , just chunky we hope
Old 12-May-2007, 09:39
Screamette

Thanks
Old 12-May-2007, 09:45
Screamette

I like the smoothe haired ones best I think
Old 12-May-2007, 10:30
Rambler

Loving all the pics. RF. The weather has been bad here. Wet muddy dogs of mine. Not good!
Old 12-May-2007, 11:02

cool

let us know how it goes at puppy school

Sil
Old 12-May-2007, 15:20
riderr

Well Sil...
as his first lesson was a new experience for all of us,it went well.
The teacher said that he was a fast learner,which made us feel good
He learnt to heal,all be it a little ragged and do a 180' turn half way along Healing!
He also ran through a tunnel,which he loved
He did a little bit of sitting , staying and waiting, which werent too bad for the new kid in the class!! lol
but the highlight of our one hour lesson was fetching a small cuddle toy and charging back to mummy and jumping in to her open arms..."Thats my Boy!!"
So these following few days, we will do some more of what we have learnt.

As we drove home, we thought to ourselves that Alfie would be a tired little man and have a doze,OHH NOO!!! for the first time in the car he ripped his bed apart and he ended upon the floor, behind Beths seat!! Our little man was very excited to say the least at what he had done and that we were both very pleased with him.....but on returning to our home he continued to race in and out of all the rooms with no prompting, doing a lap or two for luck!!! and all i saw was the face of my mate with the biggest / happiest grin going from ear to ear.As with most things this only lasted a breaf moment as on the last lap he dropped to he tummy and fell asleep on the rug in the lounge......the most happiest dog in the land!!

RF
Old 12-May-2007, 22:40

- great stuff

sounds like a good time was had by all

Sil
Old 13-May-2007, 03:56
我們被注定

Now why do dogs/pups do all that charging around when their tired?

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."
Old 13-May-2007, 10:00
Rambler

What a bright dog he is. My dogs charge around when they are excited.
Old 13-May-2007, 10:40
riderr

I cant wait to see him grow into a intelligent young dog,if we can keep up all we have taught him and what he has taught us lol,going , then he just maybe grow into a smart dog.
Not much to report bar a small walk in his first walk area ( New Forest )....this time we used what we had been shown at puppy classes and he really showed us his true colours! he healed and waited as we had been shown.Even when he got wind of some horses sent and ran towards them,so we had to do what felt wrong which was to run away from him and call him!!!! this worked a treat,we then became more interesting than the horses and he turned on his heels and chaised us instead....phew!!!
in the evening we took him again to Hengitsbury head ( Dorset ) but around the backside of the pebble beach.Here he got to meet more dogs and people.Once again we did one or two things we were shown at his puppy classes and he did all that we asked .....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walk01010001.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	772.5 KB
ID:	1861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walk01010005.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	753.2 KB
ID:	1862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walk01010011.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	1863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walkcrop01010014.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walkcrop01010012.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	575.5 KB
ID:	1865  

Name:	Hengitsburyhead eve' walk01010003.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	1866  
Old 13-May-2007, 20:26
Rambler

I am ore of the super photo's of Alfie, what a good dog he is. I see another pose from him up there, doubt if I could get mine to sit for a photo. Good trick taking his mind of the horses. Glad all went well for another day out with him.
Old 16-May-2007, 18:10
riderr

No photos this week im afraid we're back to work!!!

But out on the weekend we will be going out walkies, if the weather holds out we may get some more photos'

RF
Old 16-May-2007, 20:07
Rambler

But out on the weekend we will be going out walkies, if the weather holds out we may get some more photos'
I will be looking forward to them. RF. Hope the weather is fine for you.
Old 20-May-2007, 19:09
riderr

Well Twinkle, the weather has been just fine here this weekend,at last lol...
Since we've been back to work,little Alfie has been growing a little, bit he went to the vets for worming,weighing and some nail trimming.His weight now is 5.5kgs , not heavy but he is only a small dog and this weight is growing all the time he also had a little trim down stairs' (Brazilian) lmao!!.....to stop infection as we were told.
On Friday 18th we went to our second puppie class.He did his best but Beth and i have colds at the mo' so our commands were'nt to good,but he did his best
Then on Saturday i took him to the New Forest for a walk which went well as we had a special guest join us....
..."SIL" (from the Scream team ) who as we know has Bracken and has dabbled in some training lol . He showed and told me some great tips for my mate .
Sil wanted to swap Bracken for Alfie !!! but i said NOOOO!!!! lol as little Alf is so well behaved off his lead.I didnt take a camera for this walk as it does take a spare pair of hands to do some of Alfs shots'
So as for today (Sunday 20th) we went to Tynam village in the purbecks (Dorset).We had a long walk to the sea and alfie again tried to make friends to everyone,man or beast,but with some training and treats he walked on by,this is becoming one of his better skills for us as it would take us for ever to get anywhere lol .At the Beach Alfie followed me over some rocks which i was pleased about as this is proving to us he has confidence in jumping up on to things and working out routes for himself . Then we went to the larger of the two beaches and we walked over the peebles which Alfie wasnt to keen on as they must have hurt his feet . After fetching seaweed and driftwood
for awhile he had a little sleep before we headed off home as the weather was getting hotter and little Alf' was panting ever so much.We stopped many times back to the car to let Alfie stand in the shade and cool down a bit
So ended another day of walks for our pup,but we can look forward to the evenings and the weekend to come....

RF....

p.s. his friendship with the cats or should i say one of the cats "Jeff" is growing,they played chase again....even colliding at times.Jeff gave Alfie a couple of body blows',which in the past Alf' would have ran a mile,now he just stood there and looked at Jeff as if to say "Come on then" lol
(the worm is slowley turning!)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tynham Village01010017crop.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	635.4 KB
ID:	1875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tynham Village01010018crop.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	900.1 KB
ID:	1876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tynham Village01010023crop.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tynham Village01010026crop.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	785.4 KB
ID:	1878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tynham Village01010028crop.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	528.5 KB
ID:	1879  

Old 20-May-2007, 19:32

great pics, fave has to be the 4th one with him looking straight at the camera

the reason to swap bracken with alfie for a week is to give you guys a break,. well ok it's so you can train bracken for us while we look after alfie

Sil
Old 20-May-2007, 23:03
Rambler

Lovely pics as always RF. Last one! "Not sure if I should take it seriously.

All sounds like great fun, he is doing very well. Hope your cold gets better.
Old 21-May-2007, 07:34
我們被注定

Pics are great RF! Sounds like Alfie is being a typical JR doggy. You got one hell of a good doggy on you hands there. Believe me, you would never want to swap Alfie for a week with a GSD Sil only wanted a break you know

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."
Old 21-May-2007, 13:18
bracken

I remember when my master used to take me out for walkies to the New Forest, and I faintly remember playing with my Uncle RF and Auntie Beth. Ahh,, those were the good ol days. Woof!

When do I get to visit with my cousin Alfie? I have many things to teach him, Muwahahaha!
Old 21-May-2007, 19:16
riderr

Thx all, hay twinkle we saw the No Firing sign on the way down and thought someone might like it ...

And as for you new member Bracken i think it could be soon,you may even have to show Alfie and i some of those good old walks you used to get taken on!! lmao.... and as for teaching him a few things ,well ,watch this space

RF
Old 21-May-2007, 21:13
Rambler

A Big Woof Welcome to Bracken. Maybe; Bracken could teach Alfie to post here too. Then they can both tell us about there walkies.
Old 22-May-2007, 18:48
bracken

Thx all, hay twinkle we saw the No Firing sign on the way down and thought someone might like it ...

And as for you new member Bracken i think it could be soon,you may even have to show Alfie and i some of those good old walks you used to get taken on!! lmao.... and as for teaching him a few things ,well ,watch this space

RF
Originally Posted by rickfury View Post
I will teach Alfie how to get on the internet when you aren't looking, and order chewbones from the E of Bay.

Also, he is going to think he's a if I don't step in soon, and teach him that he's a dog! Going to have to complain to the management about the lack of dog emoticons! You got a fish, a snowman, a cat, even sherlock holmes,, but no dog!? Don't leave your shoes around me if you know what's good for you!
Old 24-May-2007, 20:49
riderr

Well guyz n' girlz ,
We took my little m8 out on tuesday evening for a walk at hengitsbury head and had a little set to i shall call it with another dog walker!! So i guess i've now entered into being an arguing dog owner lol..! The reason was ,we were quite happly walking along minding are own business and out of no where a large dog came charging straight at Alfie and flipped him up into the air ( we reckoned about waist height) Alfie came crashing down onto this bl**dy dog( nice soft landing ),with our lead getting tangled around it !! The owner came around the corner of the track to be confronted by myself (normally a chilled out kind of guy) , spitting chips !!! "oh he was only playing " he said, my A** was he! "If dog owners cant control there dogs off there lead then they should be kept on the lead" i said,with a few choice words not to be typed out here lol.The only thing i have left out here is the guy,he was a 6.5 ft beefcake! the type of person i would'nt normally talk with,let alone want to rip his head off and stick it where the sun dont shine!!
But as we all know JR's are a tough little dog and our Alfie didnt seem to bothered about all the fuss being made lol,just the over protective owners' .

RF
Old 24-May-2007, 21:49
bracken

That happened to me when I was about 4 months old, and out for a walk in the forest with my master and mistress. I was on the lead, because I was a bit of a scamp at that age if you will recall,, and this big dog off the lead came running over out of nowhere, and was very aggressive toward me. My master picked me up, and the other dog even tried to jump up on him to get to me. When the other dog's master (he was pretty much a waste), finally made an appearance, my master nearly had to pull my mistress back because she was going to rip a new hole in the other dog's master for not controlling his dog. He actually had the nerve to say that I should have been off the lead so I could have run off rather than be attacked by his dog. I was only a a puppy tho. It's a good thing I got proper training so I don't do that kind of thing. Glad to hear my little mate is ok, sounds scarey.

The Brackenator
Old 25-May-2007, 11:01
Rambler

What a scary experience. Glad all was well and no injuries sustained. Some owners do make you mad,
Old 25-May-2007, 21:35
riderr

Well all is good in Alfies world at the mo' , so here are some more photos of Alfie and his mate Max....my mums dog.....enjoy...

RF
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Alfie & Max P5250002.JPG
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alphie & Max P5250003.JPG
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathtime P5250002.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1885  
Old 25-May-2007, 21:48
Rambler

Awe! How sweet he looks especially seeing Max bath.
Old 29-May-2007, 19:55
riderr

Well guyz we had a bit of a wet weekend there so only got a few of the little Monster!!!! lol....We had to put him in his raincoat as we didnt know if and when it might rain! plus it was blowing a right old hooly,to which Alfie wasnt to happy about lol,but we did have some fun again

If you look close you will see that Alf ' has started to grow a small goaty around his chin or.... lmao... some teenage bumfluff

We also went to his first puppy/dog party,held by the people that run the puppie classes we take him to....Alfie got to meet some rather larger dogs which were ever so clever and made our SIT!! command look really lame .
But on the good side he did win a treat for his sniffing skills as they had some prizes to be won.All the big dogs showed off there skills and gave us more ideas on how and what to teach him next .

RF

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NewForestCrop01010032.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	1886   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewForestCrop01010038.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	726.8 KB
ID:	1887   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewForestCropsoft01010035.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	1888   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewForestCrop01010039.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	548.2 KB
ID:	1889  
Old 29-May-2007, 20:41
Rambler

Love his coat and whiskers. Great pics, he is doing well.
Old 29-May-2007, 21:18
riderr

yes he is doing well thx.
we got him to lay down as part of his training today, so all is good

RF

Tags
bad, beauty, birthday, blocking, car, chips, christmas, dead, fashion, files, forward, gorgeous, happiness, happy, home, internet, lost, make, phone, prizes, sharing, sound, talk, tesco, xmas