Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 12-April-2007, 23:32
mdcdeve

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Thanks Silver, ill call them next chance i get tomorrow.
My original cause for complaint was from the weird limitations they were putting on me, im not sure if you've heard about them limiting recently, id been with them for 4 years and all of a sudden this year in january i noticed the limits.
Right now the biggest annoyance is that i cant even update my antivirus, avg on any pc in the house, it seems like there experimenting with limitation settings since all sorts of connection types are being blocked, for the first 2 months between 4pm and midnight all connections were blocked (ftp etc) apart from http browsing.
Old 13-April-2007, 16:50
mdcdeve

hmm.. asked them for there ADR information and they said they didnt know what ADR is. Is CISAS tiscalis ADR? i read somewhere that it was and ive already complained to them

http://www.cisas.org.uk/
Old 14-April-2007, 00:16

yep I think CISAS is their ADR,. but they should provide you with that information

ISPs have to provide ADR details when you ask,. if they failed to provide details you can make a complaint to ofcom abt the failure

Sil
Old 16-April-2007, 23:34
teritadpole

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

OMG!!

I didn't know that the calls to India were 50p per minute!

I have been trying to resolve my problems with internet connection to particular games sites since November last year after subscribing to a site.

I was able to get into the games rooms then all of a sudden in December I found I was unable to do so.
I contacted EA games in the Dec thinking the problem was with them seeing as I was able to connect the month previously.

After some considerable time trying to find the problem they advised me that Tiscali run an adaptive DLS service which gives you less bandwidth during peak time! They described it as traffic shaping!

Obviously when I contacted Tiscali they 'fobbed me off' with all sorts of rubbish.
I did not realise that I was paying mega bucks for their rubbish advice!
On the last contact with Tiscali they told me that they were not the only Internet Service Provider who run this restrictive service, but I was free to look elsewhere despite being with them for over 4 years!

I am getting really miffed now.
Can anyone suggest a new service provider???
Old 17-April-2007, 11:08
blah blah

Post Re: Tiscali Broadband - Invisible Homechoice trial

I wonder if anyone else has been caught up in the Homechoice free trial fiasco?
I've just spent the last hour going round and round (Tiscali billing and customer services,...Homechoice customer services,...Homechoice sales...blah blah).
I'm usually what you would call a satisfied customer so when Tiscali called to invite me to trial the Homechoice digibox for 3 months with no ties attached (okay, fell for that!), I was more than happy to accept. They told me that they would contact me later with a delivery date and time and when I called to check they said that they had a record that I would be contacted imminently. When I called again no one had the foggiest! What is going on?!
Old 18-April-2007, 14:40
starry

Susan Gordon susan.gordon@uk.tiscali.com

Outsource Manager

Tiscali (UK) Ltd

20 Broadwick Street

London

W1F 8HT

Tel : ...

edit sil,. removed phone number

Last edited by silver; 20-April-2007 at 22:53.
Old 20-April-2007, 17:28
TheARC

OMG!!

I didn't know that the calls to India were 50p per minute!

I have been trying to resolve my problems with internet connection to particular games sites since November last year after subscribing to a site.

I was able to get into the games rooms then all of a sudden in December I found I was unable to do so.
I contacted EA games in the Dec thinking the problem was with them seeing as I was able to connect the month previously.

After some considerable time trying to find the problem they advised me that Tiscali run an adaptive DLS service which gives you less bandwidth during peak time! They described it as traffic shaping!

Obviously when I contacted Tiscali they 'fobbed me off' with all sorts of rubbish.
I did not realise that I was paying mega bucks for their rubbish advice!
On the last contact with Tiscali they told me that they were not the only Internet Service Provider who run this restrictive service, but I was free to look elsewhere despite being with them for over 4 years!

I am getting really miffed now.
Can anyone suggest a new service provider???
Originally Posted by teritadpole View Post

0870 numbers: Calls provided by BT will be charged at up to 8 pence per minute. A call set-up fee of 3 pence per call applies to calls from residential lines. See www.bt.com/pricing for details. Mobile and other providers' costs may vary.
Old 20-April-2007, 17:37
TheARC

Susan Gordon susan.gordon@uk.tiscali.com

Outsource Manager

Tiscali (UK) Ltd

20 Broadwick Street

London

W1F 8HT

Tel : ************
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mods, at teh very least please remove the mobile number from this post..

Having had experience of what some people do with this sort of personall information...
Old 30-May-2007, 11:40
Green Bat

Wink Managing Director - mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com

Contact the Managing Director / Chief Exec

mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com

Mary Turner
Managing Director - Tiscali
PO Box 7206
Kiln Farm
Milton Keynes
Mk14 6XG

Tiscali (UK) Ltd
20 Broadwick Street
London
W1F 8HT

The Director of Customer Services - quinn.mackenzie@uk.tiscali.com

Nathan Francis is the general manager for consumer services and Matthew Talbot is the customer services manager - try nathan.francis@uk.tiscali.com and matthew.talbot@uk.tiscali.com

Tiscali numbers
Head office number (they never seem to answer- just hung up): 0207 0872000 ask for MD
High level complaints: 01483 363490

The @uk.tiscali.com will probably work for 'tomasso.pompei'; 'vittorio.serafino'; 'Francesco.Bizzarri'; 'Gabriele.Racugno'; 'Mario.Rosso'; 'Rocco.Sabelli@tiscali.co.uk'; 'Arnaldo.Borghesi'

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Old 01-June-2007, 21:48
angry

Angry Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

I try to connect to the tiscali over 2 months and informed if they cannot connect the broadband services for me because of their techical problem. They will not charge me. However, they charged me from the date I received the modem etc. But after 2 months I still cannot connect to the broadband service because the engineer closed my case before they complete the job.

I spoke to dozen of tiscali staff and they all told me I will get a refund within 28 days. Now, over 2 months I still cannot get a refund. I sent an email to the billing team and just found out the Finance Department is awaiting technical issue to be resolve. Such a stupid company, they do not communicate and they do not keep any records regarding my case. However, when I spoke the staff over the phone, they can see my record and understand I cancel the account with tiscali already just awaiting the refund.

Do you know the Chairman's email address or office address, I need to complain and get my refund.
Old 12-June-2007, 12:04
somerset_rob

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

I'm in exactly the same situation.

I spent 15 mins in the phone to india last night, to be told 'try again tomorrow'....this thing has been going on for months now.

they wrote me a letter saying that the exchange is too far away...IT'S JUST OVET THE FENCE AT THE BOTTOM OF MY GARDEN!, IT CASTS A SHADOW OVER MY BBQ!

I think they must have a policy of 'low hanging fruit' grab the customers that we can get working first time, and treat the rest like dirt and they'll go away soon.
Today I called to cancel, but the phone call had to be cut short since the office that I called had the fire alarm go off, how long should I give them?
Old 13-June-2007, 22:06
Jacks

I think Tiscali is a fantastic service, i have never had any problems at all.
Old 16-June-2007, 09:54
Screwdriver

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Hi Jacks, Your name should go down in the annals of history as the first person I've heard of to have a good word for Tiscali............ but hang on, have you actually had to contact them for anything but your original purchase??????????? If not, when you do have to you'll soon change your mind!
Old 10-July-2007, 16:14
Extreme Luko

I think I have the most complicated Tiscali saga ever which appears to be on going. I signed up to tiscali when I lived with my parents 2 or 3 years ago, no problems for a year until I moved out and bought a house. I took my broadband with me to a new phone number, this process took over 2 months to complete which I was said to have refunded (which never happened). My dad decided he then would like broadband (with another company) at my original home on my previous phone line. He was told there was a marker and would have to wait 10 days there were various issues such as the person previously is still using the line we can not give authorisation unless we have proof, my dad had to then send a letter etc etc. Then just by coincedence I lost my connection, looks like Tiscali have completely confused addresses and phone numbers and seem to be dis-connecting/re-connecting both of us. This is now the 2nd time I have lost my connection in a month and running through the endless protocols to get it fixed and ignoring the bullsh*t phob offs (underground cabling,problem at the exchange,its your socket) is getting me down. I wanted to change to Sky but looks like they have serious issues with xbox live so thats out of the question. Looks like its back to BT, at least they own the lines and the engineers, leasing companies are junk!
Rant over.
Luko
Old 03-September-2007, 03:32
suraci

I was quite happy on 2mb broadand, but like an idiot unpgraded to 8mb and line rental with them. I know I have to wait for it to settle down, but I get constant disconnections. The download speed at first was 300 kb/s easy (subscribed film dowloads), then it dived and now struggles to get to 50kb/sm which is much worse than under my old package. In short I'm beginning to think I've messed up here.
If they don't sort the problem though, I'll just top the payment and see what happens, even if that means going back to dial up for a while. The minimum year long contract is obviously conditional on both sides fulfilling their obligation, in my case paying up, in their case providing 6-8mbs connection without constant cut offs. I'll just stop the payment from my credit card, reporting it as stolen if necessary to get a new number and kill all previous obligations. If they break their side of the agreement, they have no legal right to my continuing to pay them: if I buy a pair of shoes and they turn out to have no soul, I'm entitled to end the contract.
anyone else not getting satisfaction from Tiscalim, just end the payments. If thebanks, who tned to be in league with these borderlne criminal large corporatons, refuse to sto th epayments from a credit card, report it as stolen. If you pay by direct debit from your mai account, I'm not sure how you would proceed, but there's always a way, be creative, it's our money.
Old 25-September-2007, 12:22
astrobint

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

What a great forum - thanks for all the info, useful names and links, everyone. Been having a nightmare trying to close my Tiscali account despite having been a customer for years. Bet I'm not the only one. Thought you might like to see the letter I just sent Tiscali (and copied in Otelo, Ofcom, ISPA, BBC Watchdog AND I e-mailed it to all the top dogs at Tiscali):

-------------------------------------

Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you for the second time, having repeatedly tried other forms of communication but received no satisfactory response – usually no response at all.

I have repeatedly been trying to contact Tiscali to close my account for several months now, including trying to contact the elusive Mr D. Marchant (supervisor to the customer care centre) who was to look into my complaint but failed to contact me at all. I feel frustrated that Tiscali have actively and repeatedly ignored my communications and are now threatening me with debt collection action to pay for a service I cancelled months ago. Please address this matter immediately (details of my previous communications below). A copy of this letter has been sent to Otelo, Ofcom, ISPA, BBC Watchdog and my legal representative.

1. Initially I telephoned Tiscali to close my broadband account (April 2007) on the number advertised on the Tiscali website. I phoned twice at different times on different days and once passed through the automated touch-tone switchboard each time, was never connected to speak to someone. Instead I remained on hold for quite some time before finally giving up.

2. So I e-mailed you to inform you that I had tried to phone, and would be moving house and wished to close my account. I received no response to that e-mail.

3. So I e-mailed again at a later date through your online form. This time I received a reply telling me that my contract would not be ended until I contacted Tiscali by telephone!

4. So I phoned Tiscali yet again. This time once passed through the automated touch-tone switchboard to the Cancellation Line, I was placed on hold for over fifteen minutes – by which time I had to get back to work myself.

5. By this time (June 2007) I had already moved out from my previous address and had not been using Tiscali’s broadband services for over 8 weeks. Then I received a letter (dated 23rd July 2007) claiming I owed Tiscali money for several months’ broadband rental, because I hadn’t cancelled my account!

6. So this time I wrote to you by post explaining my previous communications, my concern that the account still hadn’t been closed despite my request that it be closed and my not having not used it, and requesting the matter be addressed urgently - to which I once again received no reply. In August Tiscali wrote to me telling me that if I didn’t pay immediately, a debt collection agency would be contacted and my credit rating adversely affected and possible further charges incurred. At that point, three months had passed since my initial communication to close my account, and I had still received no satisfactory acknowledgement of my communications to you, nor any acknowledgement that my account had been closed.

7. I phoned again (Aug 2007), this time using the phone number on the letter you’d sent me (dated 23rd July 2007). The customer representative that I spoke to told me that Tiscali never cancel an account unless notice is received by telephone. I told him the difficulty I had in actually getting someone to answer my calls, to which he told me that’s it’s not Tiscali’s fault if they don’t have enough staff manning the phones. He then contradicted Tiscali’s own cancellation policy by saying that Tiscali had cancelled my account in August due to the letter I’d written (he also finally acknowledged that Tiscali did indeed receive that letter but that Tiscali had neither replied to it or given me any acknowledgement of its receipt). He also informed me that Tiscali had generously “wavered the 30 days notice period”!!! (You can imagine my incredulity at being told this, as I’d first contacted them to close my account approx. 120 days before!) He also informed me that I still owe Tiscali several months payment because Tiscali only finally closed my account at the end of August. I asked Tiscali to justify charging me for a service I haven’t been using because I’d (a) cancelled it months earlier, (b) moved home (c) had no access to the phone number the account was set up on (unlike Tiscali, BT had managed to cancel my landline account when asked to do so!) and (d) I no longer had a home-computer. But I was told that only if I claimed there had been technical difficulties with the broadband service would Tiscali open an investigation as to whether the charges were fair. The fact that I was being charged and threatened with debt-collection legal action for a service I had not been using and I didn’t want – and that I had clearly communicated this to Tiscali on a number of occasions – was not something Tiscali’s Customer Service Representative seemed able to elaborate on.

I asked him to explain how when Tiscali don’t employ enough staff to cover repeatedly-attempted telephone calls to the Cancellation Line, a customer could reasonably be expected close their account only over the phone? And that if Tiscali have contradicted their own cancellation policy by finally accepting another form of communication – why they couldn’t have done that in the first place? He couldn’t answer either question so I then asked to speak to his supervisor. He went to speak to him and was given the message by the supervisor, Mr Marchant, to tell me that “Mr. Marchant says he’ll only tell you what you’ve already been told”! I politely insisted I speak to him and was told that Mr Marchant would phone me back that afternoon to address my complaint. That was over a week ago and Mr Marchant has not phoned me.

Frankly, I’m appalled at this lack of customer service both from Mr Marchant and from Tiscali as a whole. It appears to me that despite my having been a customer of Tiscali for some years, customer service, efficiency, courtesy and concern for consumer rights are completely lacking. I also suspect it’s not coincidence that once passed through the automated touch-tone switchboard to the Cancellations Line, the caller isn’t answered but left on hold for an interminably long time – in my case, never answered at all. As you can see from the above list – I have made 7 attempts over several months to contact Tiscali by various means, to address this matter. Perhaps Tiscali has suffered an overwhelming series of glitches in communication, but as a long-term customer, I should neither be a victim of this nor financially liable for Tiscali’s inability to put the means in place to uphold its own terms and conditions for account closure procedure.

I believe I am entitled to Tiscali’s full co-operation in resolving my complaint and clearing the associated account/debt-demand with the utmost urgency. Please take the following steps directly:

• I would appreciate an immediate phone call to assure me the matter is being dealt with and that any debt proceedings have been frozen until you clear them.

• I would also expect Tiscali to withdraw this unwarranted “debt” without delay.

• I would also like full written confirmation that this has all been cleared and the matter closed.

• When I receive final written confirmation from you that this matter has been resolved I will be checking my credit references with the relative agencies. Should there be anything detrimental on my credit reports from this, I will be asking Tiscali to contact Experian, Equifax and CallCredit in writing to clear the record on my credit references and cover any costs incurred from this...

I trust you will resolve this with the utmost urgency. Failure to contact me with assurance that this is all being resolved will result in my taking immediate legal advice. I will be following this up with the relevant regulatory boards and consumer complaints services.

Yours faithfully...

-------------------------------------------
Old 29-October-2007, 12:44
pinkfloyd

Tiscali has a complain email adress : complaints@uk.tiscali.com .
Old 08-November-2007, 11:55
fluffy

Tiscali has a complain email adress : complaints@uk.tiscali.com .
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd View Post
Yes, but it's apparently routed to /dev/null

(Note to non-geeks, the above is the equivilent of putting the dustbin under the letterbox).
Old 19-November-2007, 14:33
nicky napkins

I sent this over and over again and cannot get an answer anywhere!

Customer Code: removed
Billing Account: removed
Invoice No: removed

You are charging me 19.99..a month and my free call service is not working yet!!
I have called America and Australia several timed only to find out me free call service has not started yet!

I have tried to call Tiscali 30 or 40 times to find out what is wrong and no one can help me..
I have spent hours on the phone trying to find out why my free call service has not started and nothing happens, I get transferred to different departments and I am given different numbers to call but nothing!

I was also promised a new modem which was apparently in the post 3 or 4 times???? every time I called someone said wait 2 or 3 more days it should be with you!!

This service is absolutely terrible!!..
I cannot even get answers from the emails I send!!

Please help.........please! This is costing me a fortune!!!!!!

Nicky...

edit sil - best not to include personal information
Old 21-November-2007, 15:11
yimy

Hello,

I have to warn you something about Tiscali. Iam a very disappointed customer of Tiscali. Not only that they failed to connect me at the new premises where I have moved to but they got my detailed mixed up with aother customer. It ended that my name and details have been changed to someone else (I was not able to change back to my own name) whereas my account details remain. Even though I have cancelled the account long ago in Aug 07 but still cannot get rid of this company from deducting my money via direct debit. Can you imagine how they manage our personal and important details?

For few months I was stressed for not having enjoyed the service, calling them using mobile, having been treated as stranger who called, the worst is they don't allow me to cancel my account at one time (even now...direct direct request fr them still keep coming back) because from being a female name I have been changed to a gentleman.

I am helpless.

no probz silver...
i'm havin' a good look around this time... hehehe

i'll be back next week to report (i hope!)...
shredder
Originally Posted by shredder View Post
Old 21-November-2007, 16:52

direct debit,. you said the magic words

direct debit is covered under the direct debit guarentee - contact your bank they will refund the payments and stop further payments

let us know how it goes + welcome to TS!

Sil
Old 03-December-2007, 22:47
dewey

just to say that there is a handy website www.saynoto0870.com which if you give the telephone number of a company then it will get you a free phone one!
Old 06-January-2008, 00:17
don't get me started

A Big thank you to all who contributed to this thread. My experience with Tiscali has been typical...

Over a period of 3 months I had canceled by phone twice, via fax once and by post once and exchanged 12 emails.

In my experience with this company, the call centers and email "help" must have a policy of fobbing you off. I've lost count of the number of people who confidently assured me my account had definitely been closed only to see another debit leave my bank account.

Only when I copied the following people into my complaint was it taken seriously threatening to involve otelo and seek legal representation ....

'quinn.mackenzie@uk.tiscali.com'; 'mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com'; 'nathan.francis@uk.tiscali.com'; 'matthew.talbot@uk.tiscali.com'

I was then contacted by High Level Complaints Executive

I have been refunded the money taken from my account without my permission.

I have also forwarded this web site to all my contacts who have @tiscali email addresses warning them to arrange with their bank to cancel the direct debit a month before they try and cancel their "service".

Last edited by Scoobs; 21-January-2008 at 17:33. Reason: Details removed @ Tiscali's request
Old 11-January-2008, 17:00
chubby chops

Wonderful. I moved house in May 2007 and things havn't been right since. I am not even going to list the problems as I don't intend to pull any more hair out between phone calls saying one thing and e-mails that are not read but replied to with totally irrelevant things (would I really upgrade my package 2 days before I moved home and put my talk on hold till the broadband was re-installed? And why did they tell me my talk was working when I was still being billed by BT but now they say that they have no request for it and I must request it from a number that is disconnected? Why don't they just admit their mistake and put it right?) This morning I phoned cancellations and asked for a MAC. A very nice lady told tiscali would request BT to supply me with this. I thought the ISP supplied it. Who supplies it? She also told me not to stop my Direct Debit (told her very nicely that I was going to stop it and would see her in court if they tried to take any more money from my account).
I am building up a file on their incompetence and will personally deliver it to Mary Turner at 20 Broadwick Street if necessary along with a copy to Cagliari (the top man lives there!)
Old 14-January-2008, 16:37
frogdally

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Don't pay!

People have been talking about needing something to show their bank, to stop Tiscali taking moneyfrom your account. You can tell your bank, at any time, to cancel a direct debit, and they have to do it - after that Tiscali can't get to your account.
Old 15-January-2008, 22:20
head villain

Only when I copied the following people into my complaint was it taken seriously threatening to involve otelo and seek legal representation ....

'quinn.mackenzie@uk.tiscali.com'; 'mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com'; 'nathan.francis@uk.tiscali.com'; 'matthew.talbot@uk.tiscali.com'

I was then contacted by High Level Complaints Executive
Originally Posted by don't get me started View Post
Thanks for this info, I CC'd all these into my complaint email, threatening Tiscali with legal action, & have now had an apology from them. So hopefully no more threatening letters & harassment from them/Courtlink demanding money I don't owe! Fingers crossed anyway.

Last edited by Scoobs; 21-January-2008 at 17:33. Reason: Details removed @ Tiscali's request
Old 18-January-2008, 15:19
I hate them!

As sent to Tiscali:

I think it was back in August/September when I first tried to get Tiscali service. I opted for the phone, TV and broadband package which looked superb. It was only when I left early to have the TV cable installed that things began to go wrong. No one turned up. I rang to ask what had happened and stumbled into the farce that appears to be Tiscali's customer service.

Every time I rang I spoke to a helpful, considerate person who assured me that everything would be sorted out, but generally I had to ring another line because clearly the Broadband department had no idea what the TV department were doing, and vice versa. I continued to ring with increasing levels of annoyance, because literally nothing was done. If I got through to the TV section, then they either thought that I already had TV service or that I already had broadband, when I had neither. If I got through to the broadband section, they thought I had either broadband or TV as well, depending who I spoke to. So I spent a lot of time on the phone desperately trying to persuade Tiscali to deliver the service that I had signed up for. I was literally begging at one point!

After about 10 different phone calls, I eventually gave up and instructed Tiscali that I did not want any of your services because I considered any contract or agreement between us to have been thoroughly broken and I did not believe that Tiscali were competent to deliver the services they promised. This partially worked, but I continued to receive letters about the services that I was not receiving and requests for payment. I called to try and sort out the situation every time I received a new letter but nothing was ever done and no calls were ever returned. Now happily getting my broadband and phone from another provider, I was rather confused why I have been sent a letter stating 'Notice of Suspension'!!! I did not even know that I had ever had any service! And the fact that another provider is definately providing my service, I am rather struggling to imagine what exactly you will suspend?!

I apparently owe £11.35 for telephone calls made during sometime when Tiscali were actually providing some sort of service (although a significantly different to the one I had requested). In light of the worst customer service that I think I have ever had to deal with, I would like this amount to be written off. Alternatively, I would like a response from Tiscali (which I am yet to receive on any of my other, numerous, verbal complaints), detailing exactly what has gone wrong and explaining how Tiscali have resolved the issue. I, of course, no longer want your services and could easily pay £11.35 just to make the matter disappear but I have been so shocked by the customer service that I am almost desperate to know that Tiscali is not as shambolic as it appears to be.

Looking forward to your response,
Old 23-January-2008, 13:01
idiotsRus

Hi complainers one and all,

It is my sincerely held and carefully considered opinion that Tiscali are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with for customer service.

My father died last year. Initially when we contacted them they were sympathetic and said they would cancel the contract straight away. Then they went on sending bills to my dead father and threatening debt collectors if the bills weren't paid. My poor 85 year old mother was terrified and distraught. I sent countless emails to their "Customer Care Team" everyone of them promised me the account was closed and that they had sorted it out but the bills kept coming, always addressed to a man whom they knew to be dead. Sensitive huh. Finally after three months of countless emails back and forth between myself and various customer service representatives someone suddenly decided that they couldn't close the account until they had received a copy of my father death certificate. This had never been mentioned by any of their CSR before..........so presumably none of them knew that this was required. Great training. Just in passing they've never returned my fathers death certificate to me. In the course of this debacle someone in their billing team decided to allocate my Customer Code to as opposed to my fathers to the emails and another decided to transfer the account into my mothers name. I emailed them straight back to tell them that they weren't asked to do this and to correct it immediately but they didn't bother ...................so yesterday we received a bill in my mothers name, for my broadband services, which have in fact already been paid for by me. In other words Tiscali are billing a woman who has never had an account with them for someone elses account that is in fact already paid for!!!!

So today I have had to waste a further morning typing out a letter of complaint to them. Having read some of the other scream articles I attempted to email Mary Turner and the others, guess what, all emails returned mail delivery failed so they've obviously all changed their email addresses. Seems like having to deal with consumers dissatisfied with the service offered is something the CEO and co find just a little too unpalatable.
Old 24-January-2008, 13:18
biker

I wouldn't bother with emailing them, I'd write to them and send it recorded delivery.
Old 24-January-2008, 17:55
robert terheggen

On 2 October 2007 I received a letter of conformation of cancelation of my Tiscali account as requested. The final payment for Tiscali services was collected on 6 October 2007 and direct debit was cancelled. However on 23 November 2007 I received a reminder of £23.41. I contacted Tiscali Collections Team on 30 November 2007 by phone, request information on this bill as my email account was cancelled and therefore I could not get details of my bills and no paper bill was send. I informed Collections Team that the account was cancelled per October and that final payment was collected and therefore there could be no balance outstanding. Collections Team informed me that the internet connection was still active and that a mistake was made and I should ignore this bill while further investigation would be carried out. On 10 December 2007 an notice of suspension was send out requesting £51.30 as advised by Collections Team this bill was ignored (this letter was not received until 21 December 2007). However on 21 January my telephone connection was disconnected. I contacted the collection team again to ask explanation of suspension of telephone line. I was informed there was now an outstanding bill for over £100. I informed the Collections Team of earlier correspondence and that I no longer have a contract with Tiscali. I requested a breakdown of the cost as I could not understand how this amount could have a cured. I was informed this was for telephone calls and telephone package charges. Again i explained this account was cancelled from October 2007 and my phone calls should have come through BT as requested in September during cancelation. I requested to get my phone reconnected through BT, but was informed this was not possible as further investigation was needed. I contacted BT who gave me a code I had to put before making call so I would be able to make and receive phone calls. I am disappointed by the poor customer service I have received during and after my contract with Tiscali. This problem would have been resolved much earlier if communication and advice given was more accurate. Tiscali has put no effort into resolving this matter so far leaving me with extra costs for making phone calls as I cannot benefit from package I had set up with BT in October 2007. I am disappointed because you’re Collection Team, Customer Service Team has not performed as it should, and communication and advice was poor, which resulted in disconnection of phone line, extra costs, numerous lengthy phone calls to 08 service numbers of Tiscali and negative effect on my credit reating.
To resolve the problem I would appreciate that you reconnect my phone calls through BT and cancel the bills outstanding as I did not agree for my phone calls to be billed by Tiscali and remove negative credit rating from my partner`s name. Enclosed is a copy of letter of cancelation and copies of reminders. I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this problem. I will wait for 7 working days before seeking advice from CISAS. Please contact me at the above address or by phone.

same roblem here with tiscali, stay well away of these scammers, during contract spend over 7 hours on there helpline because no broadband connection after moving house. Was not resolved untill contactng BT who resolved issue within 2 days. They don`t know the line situations in India and are a nightmare to deal with.

post update on issue when recieved. Have patience LOL

Tags
adsl, bad, blocking, broadband, christmas, connection, credit, email, forward, free, happy, internet, isp, line, lost, mail, make, modem, music, ofcom, offer, online, phone, public, speed, speeds, tiscali, tiscali broadband, web