Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 29-April-2007, 12:20
Smithy

Default Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub

I'm currently writing a GUI to alter settings in the Home Hub without the need to use the telnet client, and with more functionality than the web interface. I'll make it freely available once I have somewhere to host it. If anyone has any requirements they would like to see added, let me know as it currently only enables/disables the SIP interface and alters the SIP settings.
Old 29-April-2007, 19:11

if you need somewhere to host it i have plenty of room and the uptime on my server is 99%. good luck cos this sounds like a great idea, but just to let you know, BT are reducing the rights of the "tech" user in the next firmware which is due out at the end of may
Old 29-April-2007, 19:32
Smithy

if you need somewhere to host it i have plenty of room and the uptime on my server is 99%. good luck cos this sounds like a great idea, but just to let you know, BT are reducing the rights of the "tech" user in the next firmware which is due out at the end of may
Originally Posted by guest View Post
May take you up on that, though I can see there being a lot of revisions to start with as I will be incorporating other peoples ideas. I'll spend the next week (when I get spare time) working on it then will post a progress update on here.

As for the next firmware, I've disabled the auto update feature on mine and everything that I use on the hub works fine so don't (yet) see any need for me to upgrade, and I imagine that there are quite a few other people who think the same way, espescially as there are a lot of people still running 6.1.1.R.
Old 30-April-2007, 17:40
davewuk

Anyone who has applied the 7G firmware figured out how to configure the LEDs correctly - the wireless & phone are swapped?
Old 01-May-2007, 11:44
schogla

Default MAC OSX Unlocking BT Home Hub

Hi all,

For anyone interested,

You can flash your Home hub using the directions given on this forum on a PC

enter relevent details
then access it from a MAC -OSX

and so use it unlocked with a mac

BUT YOU NEED TO DO THE FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH A PC. about to go home and check ot works with Homecall
Have flashed it and now can access it from my MAc and change all settings through the Http interface

cheers
b
Old 01-May-2007, 15:15
DaFunks

Default Re: MAC OSX Unlocking BT Home Hub

Hi all,

For anyone interested,

You can flash your Home hub using the directions given on this forum on a PC

enter relevent details
then access it from a MAC -OSX

and so use it unlocked with a mac

BUT YOU NEED TO DO THE FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH A PC. about to go home and check ot works with Homecall
Have flashed it and now can access it from my MAc and change all settings through the Http interface

cheers
b
Originally Posted by schogla View Post
But is there a way to unlock it without a PC? the software is for a M$ PC (.exe) and the linux system I have cant open them (I have no Windows emu)

Is there a way to upload it using the Router? I have seen some have a upload function.

Thanks
Old 01-May-2007, 20:03
schogla

Re uploading via the router - I dont think so - as until it is flashed it will only upload the BT frimware.

ON a more general note just want to say to al that I have the Hub working now on Home Call -

Followed directions given in forum - flashed the Hub on the PC

then using the IP WEB interface was able to configure the Hub from my MAC

One quick note is that when using the wireless WEP key access from a MAC intel RUnnning 10.4 (and probably all OSX) you need to put a $ at the start of the WEP KEY or it wont let you log in (this is actually detailed in the BT guide to setting it up)

Currently running 1 EMAC G$ OS 10.3.9 via the ethernet
and 1 MACBOOK PRO on OS10.4 via airport card.

Both running well and am getting a good signal through out the flat.

all for a bit of legwork (done by this forum mainly) and minimal cost.

much cheaper than an Airport station and still shiny and white!

thanks all

AVANTI
Old 02-May-2007, 12:31
fonzy44

Cool Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub

I'm currently writing a GUI to alter settings in the Home Hub without the need to use the telnet client, and with more functionality than the web interface. I'll make it freely available once I have somewhere to host it. If anyone has any requirements they would like to see added, let me know as it currently only enables/disables the SIP interface and alters the SIP settings.
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Hi,
Good idea, but if you're coding a free software for everybody, can I suggest you to write it in java, so, anybody with any OS can use it ! (don't forget MAC OSX and Linux OS !)

Thank's.
Fonzy.

PS: by the way, I can help because I'm a java developper, so, don't hesitate.
Old 02-May-2007, 12:34

if you need hosting for it then we might be able to help by hosting it on this server (the-scream box)

let me know (pref PM me)

Sil
Old 02-May-2007, 20:39
Smithy

Hi,
Good idea, but if you're coding a free software for everybody, can I suggest you to write it in java, so, anybody with any OS can use it ! (don't forget MAC OSX and Linux OS !)

Thank's.
Fonzy.

PS: by the way, I can help because I'm a java developper, so, don't hesitate.
Originally Posted by fonzy44 View Post
I've started writing it using VB6, just to see if it could be done. It uses telnet but the commands are generated automatically instead of having to type them. At the moment I have no software to allow me to program in Java and have never used it so wouldn't know where to start! I haven't had much time this week so far so the only working features are enable/disable telephony and save settings!

If there are any particular features that anyone needs, please let me know and if possible the telnet commands to do it, though I can work these out from the user.ini file.

Smithy
Old 03-May-2007, 10:52
fonzy44

Cool Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub

For java you can download eclipse which is the best free java IDE.
I recommand you Lomboz, which is an Eclipse based IDE with many usefull plugins and also free ==> http://lomboz.objectweb.org/overview.html

But if you don't know java ... it will be very difficult ...

My idea was to make an interface more attractive for speedtouch routers, an interface like other routers where you can make your choices from a drop down list of so or list where you can add routes, rules, ...

This can be obtained :
- when decompiling firmware, rewriting HTML code (PHP ?) then repacking firmware
- when writing a java client application which display all config form of the router then save it in telnet

The 1st option is difficult because we don't know how to discompile .bin or .bli firmwares formats, so the only way is the second option: the java client.

I know Java, VB6, C, assembly and some little things on delphi, and I think that java is best for this kind of application because many people who don't have windows but linux (or Mac OSX) would like to also control their router ...

I think I will begin to develop this kind of tool in java and opensource it.
The only problem is that I don't have a speedtouch 7G model but a speedtouch 716. This is not a problem because the CLI commands are approximately similar, but for the tests it will be difficult ...

I will begin this weekend.

Smithy, please don't consider me as a rival but just a colleague
After coding, I will give you all commands I have implemented so you will implement it in VB, and by the way you will get the source (as everybody on this forum of course).

See you soon,
Fonzy.
Old 04-May-2007, 17:15
hk2201

has ne one managed to wirelessly connect this to another router and use the bt homehub as the access point. I have a netgear dg834g with all settings set for my home network and don't want to spend a couple hours copying these settings into the homehub.
I want to use the homehub for a ps2 (ps3 when i finally get one) and hopefully a bt vision box later in the year

Last edited by hk2201; 04-May-2007 at 18:03.
Old 04-May-2007, 18:33
Smithy

For java you can download eclipse which is the best free java IDE.
I recommand you Lomboz, which is an Eclipse based IDE with many usefull plugins and also free ==> http://lomboz.objectweb.org/overview.html

But if you don't know java ... it will be very difficult ...

My idea was to make an interface more attractive for speedtouch routers, an interface like other routers where you can make your choices from a drop down list of so or list where you can add routes, rules, ...

This can be obtained :
- when decompiling firmware, rewriting HTML code (PHP ?) then repacking firmware
- when writing a java client application which display all config form of the router then save it in telnet

The 1st option is difficult because we don't know how to discompile .bin or .bli firmwares formats, so the only way is the second option: the java client.

I know Java, VB6, C, assembly and some little things on delphi, and I think that java is best for this kind of application because many people who don't have windows but linux (or Mac OSX) would like to also control their router ...

I think I will begin to develop this kind of tool in java and opensource it.
The only problem is that I don't have a speedtouch 7G model but a speedtouch 716. This is not a problem because the CLI commands are approximately similar, but for the tests it will be difficult ...

I will begin this weekend.

Smithy, please don't consider me as a rival but just a colleague
After coding, I will give you all commands I have implemented so you will implement it in VB, and by the way you will get the source (as everybody on this forum of course).

See you soon,
Fonzy.
Originally Posted by fonzy44 View Post
Cheers Fonzy, I only started writing some code to allow me to change a few settings that I use a lot without having to keep logging in, i.e. setting the time from my PC clock and enabling/disableing the telephony, then thought that if I added more features it would be of use to others, so would be my way of giving something back to those that have found the 'back doors' into the home hub and shared with everyone. So I certainly don't see you as a rival! As your doing one in Java, I'll stick to VB, also as opensource for anyone to tinker with as they wish.

Smithy
Old 05-May-2007, 11:35
coolhandpuke

I've been trawling through the other posts on this thread and several times have seen requests on how to set up the Home Hub for sipgate. Details for Ver 6.2.2.6 are as follows (you will need SuperUser access):

telnet into 192.168.1.254 and type the following:

"voice profile add"

then under the following headings:

SIP_URI = nnnnnnn <this is your 7 digit SIP ID>
[username] = nnnnnnn@sipgate.co.uk <replace nnnnnnn with your SIP ID>
[password] = ******** <enter your password NOT the website password>
[password] = ********
[display name] = <whatever you want as your name>
voiceport = <I use COMMON, you can select using up/down arrows>
[abbr] = <nothing is needed here, not sure what it is>

now type:
"voice sip config primproxyaddr=sipgate.co.uk"
"voice sip config primregaddr=sipgate.co.uk"
"voice sip config notifier_addr=sipgate.co.uk"
config save filename=user

You are now setup and the 'phone' light should be on
Just so that people are aware I have also used this with FREECALL lots cheaper than SIPGATE the settings are very easy to use and any info u need for setting up i.e. replacing sipgate.co.uk is all on the freecall website under SIP CALLS.

One note tho is that my hub phone light on the router is NOT lit but who cares its working.

75% of my bill is to mobile phones and with this now working I will easily save 40% of that as FREECALL's mob rates in UK are .10 euro and that includes vat which equates to 6.8 p per min and BT is averaging out at 10p per min so a saving of 25% and thats without taking into account that ALL local and national calls are FREE not just evenings and weekends.

ENJOY
Old 05-May-2007, 11:59
coolhandpuke

May take you up on that, though I can see there being a lot of revisions to start with as I will be incorporating other peoples ideas. I'll spend the next week (when I get spare time) working on it then will post a progress update on here.

As for the next firmware, I've disabled the auto update feature on mine and everything that I use on the hub works fine so don't (yet) see any need for me to upgrade, and I imagine that there are quite a few other people who think the same way, espescially as there are a lot of people still running 6.1.1.R.
hi well as I now have everything working (so far) that i want I too want to DISABLE the auto updates, can u please tell us how you did that.

Thanks
Old 05-May-2007, 12:25
Tony Bennett

Default Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

Thanks to all the help on here I have my Home Hub connected to Force 9 and working fine.

I would like to hang a USB hard drive off the USB connection on the hub.

I have an Archos jukebox, which to all intents is a USB hard disk device.

The jukebox recognises that its connected via USB, but I cannot se it on the network.

Any ideas

Thanks

Tony
Old 05-May-2007, 19:47
Smithy

hi well as I now have everything working (so far) that i want I too want to DISABLE the auto updates, can u please tell us how you did that.

Thanks
Originally Posted by coolhandpuke View Post
This is what I have used:

cwmp config state=disabled
cwmp config periodicInform=disabled
config save filename=user
Old 06-May-2007, 21:51
Garry53

Thumbs up Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

Hi guys, just wanted to say I bought a BT home Hub this morning at a car boot for a couple of quid, found it was locked to BT (knew nothing about them before I bought it), stumbled across your forum and followed the info - Thanks a lot - now working great on Virgin and I'm very happy - cheers for the advice
Old 07-May-2007, 15:41
AdamG

Just so that people are aware I have also used this with FREECALL lots cheaper than SIPGATE the settings are very easy to use and any info u need for setting up i.e. replacing sipgate.co.uk is all on the freecall website under SIP CALLS.

One note tho is that my hub phone light on the router is NOT lit but who cares its working.

75% of my bill is to mobile phones and with this now working I will easily save 40% of that as FREECALL's mob rates in UK are .10 euro and that includes vat which equates to 6.8 p per min and BT is averaging out at 10p per min so a saving of 25% and thats without taking into account that ALL local and national calls are FREE not just evenings and weekends.

ENJOY
Originally Posted by coolhandpuke View Post
I use freecall as well with the homehub although Im gonna change to voipbusterpro you get 1 year of freecalls and 5 euro of credit for 10 euros instead of freecalls 4 euros for 60 days of freecalls.
Old 07-May-2007, 20:19
ColinT

Smile Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

Hi

Thanks to all for the great work done upgrading the HH. As thanks I have iploaded a zip file to allow you to upgrade the hub on a Mac, it uses the BT updater which is available form their site and the modded image file to allow it to install the 7G firmware. I haven't had time to try getting telpone working and when I do I will post any sucess in this thread.

Here is the file

http://homepage.mac.com/g1gsw/files_files/HomeHub.zip

Enjoy
Old 08-May-2007, 09:34
Lugh

I want to use the BT Home Hub with a www.sipgate.co.uk voip on a Grandstream 2000xp phone. I have a G4 Mac. I am wondering if a second router would work and wonder if anyone could give me detailed help as I'm not too techie. On the sipgate website under help it gives detailed instructions on setting up the Grandstream 2000xp to work with Sipgate. This phone has worked on another router when the port forwarding was sorted out for 5060, 5062, 5066 and 5068. I thought I had sorted that on the BT home Hub. It is possible to set up a sipgate account without paying anything if you want to check the details on how the Grandstream should work. What router would be best to buy if I go down this route?

Alternatively is there someone living near to the Greenford area of London that could sort this out for a reasonable fee.

Regards,

Lugh
Old 09-May-2007, 16:05

Smile Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

Thanks to everyone on this board, big thanks go to Steve. Im up and running on the new aol 9.0 vr edition. I couldnt get the aol silver install software to see the hub and so I used internet explorer to login to aol and then clicked the link for upgrade to 9.0 vr and bingo, also my nintendo wii now works.
Old 09-May-2007, 17:32
Smithy

I want to use the BT Home Hub with a www.sipgate.co.uk voip on a Grandstream 2000xp phone. I have a G4 Mac. I am wondering if a second router would work and wonder if anyone could give me detailed help as I'm not too techie. On the sipgate website under help it gives detailed instructions on setting up the Grandstream 2000xp to work with Sipgate. This phone has worked on another router when the port forwarding was sorted out for 5060, 5062, 5066 and 5068. I thought I had sorted that on the BT home Hub. It is possible to set up a sipgate account without paying anything if you want to check the details on how the Grandstream should work. What router would be best to buy if I go down this route?

Alternatively is there someone living near to the Greenford area of London that could sort this out for a reasonable fee.

Regards,

Lugh
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
I would have thought that plugging the grandstream into one of the ethernet sockets (or via an ethernet hub) would work though not sure about the port redirection settings.

Sipgate is free to setup (i've never paid a penny and receive calls fine, though you have to pay to make calls to landlines/mobiles etc) and you recieve a geographic number free too.
Old 09-May-2007, 18:17
racky29

could someone give a little tutorial on stopping the home hub from updating
i want to downgrade and then lock it
im not sure what the post previously exatly means
Old 10-May-2007, 09:25
BJ_Abbott

Lightbulb Re: Unlocking BT Home Hub **Upgrade at your own risk**

I would have thought that plugging the grandstream into one of the ethernet sockets (or via an ethernet hub) would work though not sure about the port redirection settings.

Sipgate is free to setup (i've never paid a penny and receive calls fine, though you have to pay to make calls to landlines/mobiles etc) and you recieve a geographic number free too.
We have an IP phone connected to Ethernet via an 8 port switch from the BT Homehub. To get this to work properly for incoming and outcoming voice required port forwarding for incoming NTP and SIP services. The latter is set up so that it does not interfere with unverified default 5060 SIP and 5004 SIP listening service assumed to used by BT home hub for its DECT Hub phone. The Hub's default RTP port range is 1024-49151.

Similarly we also use DDI via voxalot (using xTen v3.0 running on our server) for two sipgate services .

In summary, we can access any of the following phone services:
  • BT Home DECT Hub phone for free Eve and Weekend calls
  • BT Home DECT Hub phone via fallback keypress 5 for BT Landline calls to National services e.g. 0800, 0500, 0845 and 0870
  • IP Phone for Using WebCallDirect for free 01/02 series calls during the day/anytime
  • VoXalot with e164.org forwarding for a DDI line on 2 Sipgate inbound and outbound lines, and numerous other carriers, using VoXalot's virtual PABX capabilities.

Can any one provide advice on how to set-up Local SNMP monitoring of BT HomeHub VOIP events to enable easier debugging of returning VOIP packets?
Old 11-May-2007, 18:16
Smithy

could someone give a little tutorial on stopping the home hub from updating
i want to downgrade and then lock it
im not sure what the post previously exatly means
Originally Posted by racky29 View Post
Here's how to do it on winxp:

once you've downgraded and set up super user access, then click the start buton and then click on 'Run...'

Type telnet (press enter or click ok)

in the telnet window, type (without the quotes):

"open 192.168.1.254" press enter

it will then ask for user name, type "admin"

it will then ask for password, again type "admin"

next, type the following lines:

"cwmp config state=disabled"
"cwmp config periodicInform=disabled"
"config save filename=user"

That should be it.

HTH
Smithy
Old 12-May-2007, 07:07
Flushentity

Thanks Zenith, and all the guys here for helping me use my HH with other ISP`s. Im now using it atm with Plusnet. Once again i know that the 7G firmware isnt ideal for the HH, but it works!! Yahhhoooo :o)
Old 12-May-2007, 17:22
Demos30

Although my homehub is unlocked I can't get it to work with my Bethere ISP. I would like to hear from anyone that has this hub working with bethere. Also has anyone got the dect phone that comes with the homehub to work with any sip providers or is this a no no?
Old 14-May-2007, 00:58
WILT

Hi All,

Finally got my Hub from recalcitrant ebayer - minus the psu! Still I have a few adj psu's so I set about the unlock using the speedtouch updater and the Pre-modded? ZZMYAA6.196.bli file.
I did not modify the file except for changing .bli to .bin as I assumed it was already done.
First run using the updater accepted the [admin ,admin ] login but It failed to upgrade the hub to a 7g .so I held the wireless button on the rear down while plugging in the power supply and repeated the procedure,but this time the updater wont accept [admin,admin] login and wont go to the next page.

I dont think its K.O. because it seems to be talking to the realtek network card and various lights flash on and off as I,m using the USB modem to type this.

HELP. ---- WILT
Old 14-May-2007, 07:58
Tony Bennett

[admin ,admin ] login

Try Administrator

no password

Tags
adsl, adsl2, belkin, broadband, bt, bt home hub, cable, dhcp, dns, files, firmware, home, home hub, hub, internet, isp, key, laptop, lock, make, netgear, network, product, router, settings, sipgate, speed, speedtouch, speedtouch 7g, tiscali, voip, web, windows, wireless