Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware

Old 11-June-2007, 13:13
prod

Unhappy BT Voyager 2100 - website hosting problem

Hi, I'm trying to run a webserver over the summer for a few months so I can tinker around and continue development of a web application. I've had no problems in the past with a linksys router at my university address, but I'm at my parents home and they've got a BT Voyager 2100 (2.18.01.17g_a023g1.d15g - the latest official firmware 2006) with Tiscali internet

I'm trying to access the website URL from the internal network, and all I get is the bloody 'BT Voyager Configuration Manager' and not any apache-served pages. I've forwarded port 80 to the PC running apache, set it as the DMZ, disabled 'remote administration' on the modem, nothing seems to work.

Is there any intelligent solution or firmware hack to solve this? I really don't want to use (and I certainly don't trust) a public proxy list to access pages served on my own IP address.

thanks

Last edited by prod; 11-June-2007 at 13:35.
Old 11-June-2007, 13:48
Austin_KW

Default Re: BT Voyager 2100 - website hosting problem

Why don't you just use the internal IP address of the webserver.
Old 11-June-2007, 16:02
prod

Why don't you just use the internal IP address of the webserver.
Originally Posted by Austin_KW View Post
Doesn't work well with google maps API - which is dependant on the URL.
Old 11-June-2007, 16:41

some routers you can turn on 'loopback NAT' might be worth searching google for that and similar terms and the router you're using,. I think the easiest way may well be to use a proxy server,. if you have a friend they could set you up something on their connection perhaps and lock it down to your IP

Sil
Old 11-June-2007, 17:06
Austin_KW

It is also possible the the web management interface is trapping access to port 80 from your local network. Try fowarding a different port (eg 8080) to port 80 on your apache server. Then access with http://url:8080/

But as silver suggests it may not go through the NAT. I dont know that router but you may also be able to telnet in and modify the iptables/filters.
Old 02-November-2008, 17:06
planetzed

put the url and ip of the server in your hosts file..
the dns sounds to be correctly pointing your request back to your ip, but as the request inside wont come back through you end up at the router not the local forwarded ip

Tags
bt, connection, dns, firmware, google, hack, home, internet, lock, modem, nat, network, port, public, router, tiscali, voyager, web