Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > P2P File Sharing

Old 04-April-2006, 11:59
spammail81

Default Re: Emule tweak + tips guide / how to speed up emule ed2k network client

Good day people,

I cant seem to download more than 3-6 files at the same time.
Surely it aint my pc nor internet connection.
Download:3500 Kbit/s* - 480kbs
Upload: 300 Kbit/s - 50kbs

After trying some of the tweaks, seems like it made it worse for me(must be unlucky)

Don't know what to do..

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-April-2006, 13:02

Default Re: Emule tweak + tips guide / how to speed up emule ed2k network client

Hi,

At a guess it's to do with your max connections, check how many concurrent connections you have allowed in emule and also it could be your router/firewall. Typically a lot of connections will cause problems with a lot of consumer level routers.

Sil

PS, welcome to TS!
Old 04-April-2006, 13:26
spammail81

I've just set it to 500000000 lol(I know, it aint rational)

The router is fine I guess. doesnt have any problems with other p2p applications
Old 04-April-2006, 13:34

how do you know if the router is fine, if it crashes I guess you'll know but it may also drop packets or be slower to respond so it's not always obvious,. I doubt many consumer routers could handle more than abt 5000 simulatenous connections at a total guess with some not able to handle even that many

Sil
Old 04-April-2006, 13:55
spammail81

And there is also when im downloading something, stops, then downloads another without letting the previous file to finish
Old 03-May-2006, 21:22
Rich Y

Hi,

Very dissapointed with eMule... and I guess my ISP...

The package is soon to be upgraded to 8Mb but they claim 5 is achievable from my exchange.

However, done a test and get the following figures:

Downstream 1,763.2 Kbps
Upstream 375.9 Kbps

what should I set my capacities and limmits to?

many thanks!
Old 13-May-2006, 18:23
Nephilim

Hi just joined the forum and using emule a bit more now heres a question.

I recently upgraded to 8mbps which is lovely but im getting **** speeds of maximum 25kbps

now i tried some of your tips to the M$ XP firewall it is allowing it to be going through but i have the firewall on should i still take it off?

Also i did a speed test on my line and had these results

Speed Test Results

Downstream 2,866.0 Kbps ( = 2.8 Mbps )
Upstream 376.0 Kbps ( = 0.4 Mbps )

Any idea how to speed it up?
Old 15-May-2006, 21:58
Zer02004

Is your ISP using traffic shaping measures? The 25K limit certainly seems to be favoured by ISPs that do employ traffic management.
If that is the case, your only real option is to change ISP or to use the Bit Torrent network via a client that supports encryption.
Old 16-May-2006, 22:28
Nephilim

Is your ISP using traffic shaping measures? The 25K limit certainly seems to be favoured by ISPs that do employ traffic management.
If that is the case, your only real option is to change ISP or to use the Bit Torrent network via a client that supports encryption.
Originally Posted by Zer02004
how would i find out if they use traffic shaping methods?

Although when i use bit comet or even Kazaa/frostwire i get speeds over that by far looking at about 225kb +

just emule that is slower
Old 16-May-2006, 22:38
Zer02004

In that case, it's eMule that's the problem.
Old 26-May-2006, 14:28
TRrocks

Hello, I noticed that when I shut down my firewall my download speed increased with 7 kbps so my question is. is there a possibility that I can use my firewall and still have that download speed. I use MCafee.
Old 26-May-2006, 14:32
Zer02004

A properly set up firewall should have minimum impact on transfer rates. The figure you quote of 7Kb/s is pretty minimal!
Old 26-May-2006, 18:02
TRrocks

Btw, why does the file wait to download? And can I change it so it goes downloading the file?
Old 27-May-2006, 14:46
Former TS! Team

no, you have to queue to recieve the file.

the only way to advance up each clients queue is to have high upload / download ratio to that particular client you want data from.

Therefore the more you upload the quicker you'll download.

You may be able to download a particular file faster if you already have some of the file to share, and then 'release' it in your shared files so that anyone else wanting that file jumps near the top of your local queue to download data. this will increase your ratio with the other clients wanting thew same file as you and you'll in turn jump up their queue.

more information and probably a better description on the Credit and Queue Ranking systems used by emule, is in their Help and Support section on their site.
Old 27-May-2006, 17:26
TRrocks

were can you see your own QR?

Last edited by TRrocks; 27-May-2006 at 18:51.
Old 07-June-2006, 06:15
hartist

were can you see your own QR?
Originally Posted by TRrocks
In the TRANSFER tab, double-click on the file. The QR is at the SOURCES column.

By the way, I have one question plz:

I'm in Vietnam and my ADSL connection is 1536/512, I've set the dl/ul capacities to 180/60 and dl/ul limits to unlimited/50.

From 0h to 6h30, I have surprising dl/ul speeds: dl from 40-220KB/s (really), and ul at an avarage of 50KB/s.

But at 6h30 (to 23h59), my dl/ul speeds dramatically fall to about 0-5Kb/s(mostly 0) for dl and around 4-5Kb/s for ul.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me fix the problem so that I can push the day-speed as fast as the night-speed ( not pull the night-speed as slow as the day-speed plz ^_^ ). Thanks a lot.
Old 07-June-2006, 07:50

Hi hartist,

Welcome to TS!

such a dramtic change in speeds sounds like your ISP is blocking p2p traffic during the day, that really seems to be the only way it would vary so much at such a specific time. If that's the case there's not much can be done (except perhaps change ISPs)

Sil
Old 06-August-2006, 05:10
Deepak

Thumbs up Hey its simple it u get that error

open emule
go to Servers Menu
Watch out for "update servers.met from URL" in the right column
type http://www.edonkey2000.com/server.met
click update
Enjoy

Verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy Simple
Old 01-October-2006, 12:12
Nedbay

can some one tellme how to configure emule with an aolynk WBR204G?
Old 08-October-2006, 21:36
andre london

the things is. some isp sells internet ALL OPEN PORTS like in uk, NTL:telewest,maybe because FYBER OPTICS system, allows it nicely.
so CABLE INTERNET.

the rest, i mean the true DSL users, via phone line, have the CLOSED PORTS internet. so thats why they have LOW ID for example.

in this case, you need to know how to OPEN THE PORTS (tcp and udp) in your router.

the best way to do it, because its a dangerous modification (only if you do mistake of course) you can misconsfigure your router (modem!) and loose the internet connection.

so the best way is to call 1st the ISP (provider) helpdesk. and ask them help how to open the XXX ports in the router/modem. mainly will help ya to do the NAT configuration (nothing but one index for ports...) so you do it properly.

so emule will work GREEN STATE, HIGH ID. your DL will be greater im sure.

if your isp dont help, you need to google it the answer.

most of the times its just do "modem model + emule"

so google will show you the web pages with another techie forums, showing great tutorials how to do it properly the router/modem programation.

ok?

dont try if you dont know what you doing.
Old 20-October-2006, 02:00
patmore

Default Re: Emule tweak tips guide / how to speed up emule ed2k network client

My Kad was connected but now I hqve tweaked some bits it is just saying connecting.

Kad Network Kad is an alternate way for clients to find each other rather than using the main ed2k server system (it's a good idea to use both Kad and the ed2k servers).

There's not a great deal to say about this, just turn it on and connect it. To enable Kad goto "Preferences > Connection" and check "Kad" in the bottom right corner. To connect to Kad should be simple, goto the Kad icon at the top of Emule and the first time press "Bootstrap", it should just connect. If you look in the "Servers" window under "My Info" it should show connected (note that you don't want it to include the word "Firewalled" - since you won't get as good connectivity that way).
Old 25-October-2006, 13:27
davsgril

Hi,your tips are great and generously shared. May I please presume on your knowledge and pose a question?
I have been downloading cassical opera on emule 24/7 for @ 2yrs with BT broadband. 3mths ago my husband moved us to unlimited PIPEX and my downloads seem to be capped at 22 ( I was getting up tp 75 with BT) Pipex have said they don't cap....so can you suggest why my downloads are so slow. I'm not a complete novice and run the latest version of emule.
thanks greatly if you can help.
davsgril
Old 25-October-2006, 14:21

hi,

I don't know whether pipex cap p2p or not,. a lot of ISPs will 'traffic manage' their service and may add extra contention to p2p traffic (so while they may say it's not capped it will be slower than downloading a webpage for instance)

see what speed you get downloading from http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp - try it at different times of day to give you a fuller picture

if you haven't changed any settings it seems likely the ISP change is causing the difference and really you'd have to change ISPs in order to get the old speeds back.

Sil

PS, welcome to TS!
Old 10-January-2007, 20:13
curiousB

Angry Re: Emule tweak + tips guide / how to speed up emule ed2k network client

is there any organized servers? I mean for example,(server A= education files). (server B= softwares), (server C= videos). etc.

I hate servers which are full of adult staff.

allthanks.
Old 15-January-2007, 10:19
snakeyes37

Hello,

I just used you tweaks and tips guide for eMule. The file I was downloading which is a 693mb avi movie began to dl ALOT faster. But I have a few questions, I've noticed that when I'm downloading the file it'll boost up as high as 24KB/s then it'll drop to 5KB/s then it'll suddenly stop and the status quickly changes to Waiting, and this happens quite often. What is causing this drop in speed and eventually stop downloading alltogether?

BTW my speed is 6016 dl / 608 up DSL. I just didn't check the checkbox for the download or upload limit and left them unmarked if that matters or not. I have a high ID and both of the eMule arrows are green, I'm also connected to the KAD aswell. I'm sharing about 324 files and every single one of them is on Release Priority.

Thanks
Old 17-January-2007, 07:29
Merlinblackcat1

Can any one help with information about connecting to emule over a BT Home Hub?
Old 17-January-2007, 11:51
Screamager

Hi Merlinblackcat1.

Welcome to The Scream!

Try the site below for the Emule settings, there are 2 entries there for Emule and Emule Plus.

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...meHubindex.htm
Old 11-February-2007, 23:56
bardin

I've tried everything here - getting reasonable download speeds but can't connect to any of the edonkey servers and even others like big bang give me a very low ID on the server - does it matter!?

eD2K Network
Users: 17,755,868
Files: 2,576,660,779

ID: 1976275030
High ID

eD2K Server
Name: BiG BanG 6
Description: www.BiGBanG- 4xOPTERON - 32GB RAM
Version: 17.15
Users: 968,004
Files: 139,392,576
Connection: Normal
Low ID: 183,920
Ping: 234 ms
Old 27-May-2007, 15:02
YaDo

Smile Re: Emule tweak + tips guide / how to speed up emule ed2k network client

Brilliant!! The info on setting upload limits was invaluable, I had mine configured all wrong and could only download at about 5 KB/s before tweaking - now I'm getting 70!
Thanks for your help

YaDo
Old 19-July-2007, 16:48
thesixthhokage06

I did some of that stuff but the thing is my thing never downloads anything, i leave it ther and it just doesn't download

Tags
broadband, bt, cable, connection, credit, fake, file sharing, files, free, google, internet, isp, key, line, make, modem, nat, netgear, network, phone, public, router, screen, share, sharing, slow, software, speed, speeds, web