Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 31-July-2007, 19:22
SmashAHomeHub

Thumbs up Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

Call costs?! - forget it - you want to ram it home to them, good and HARD, that you pay your broadband bill AND your phone bill, whereas you *could* be taking advantage of "talktalk" etc, and saving a fortune. I got THREE MONTHS free broadband from these a**holes, because the sent me the wrong router FOUR times!!.

Take my word for it dude - complain and complain and complain, but stay calm, but INSIST that you are given a credit for three months broadband - it pays off in the end. Considering BT are WAY overpriced compared to other ISPs, you deserve some recompence for the CRAP they put their customers through, day in - day out, because they think they are "above" us. PAH!!

trust me - go for the full monty - you go and PUSH for three months compensation, by way of free broadband; escalate the call higher and higher up the "managment" (that is a JOKE!!) chain, and insist on speaking to the very top dog.

DON'T be British, and wimp out - use that backbone you have, and DO IT!.
Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
Yeah 3 months free broadband and the call costs.

Going to give this a go tommorow.

Cheers mate
Old 31-July-2007, 21:22
Screamager

Default Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

You are welcome, but I didn't do anything really, apart from make a suggestion...
Old 02-August-2007, 17:47
SmashAHomeHub

Managed to claim back 3 months broadband successfully.

Would suggest anyone having the same problems with the home hub to ask for a voyager 2091 and claim back the months that you experienced trouble with the home hub.

Always good to win against BT.
Old 02-August-2007, 18:28
Screamager

Talking Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

Managed to claim back 3 months broadband successfully.

Would suggest anyone having the same problems with the home hub to ask for a voyager 2091 and claim back the months that you experienced trouble with the home hub.

Always good to win against BT.
Originally Posted by SmashAHomeHub View Post
Hey!! Nice one!! (see, told you!)

I'm so glad that you were reimbursed - they are idiots @ BT - no mistake!
Old 12-August-2007, 23:41
sashablue

Good guys!.Dont think of it as complaining but more as NOT getting what you paid for.
Old 13-August-2007, 20:45
hybrid

First time on here for me guys, as the problems i had since joining bt have driven me crazy!
We were with AOL for years and speed never dropped below 7.1 meg .
In a moment of madness decided to go over to BT as they were offering a good deal.
HUGE MISTAKE
The instant we switched the line speed dropped from 7.1 to .95 The fastest it ever got to was 2.5 meg but that was only for a very brief period. We had taken out an option 3 package but it was pointless trying to download anything in the evening when the line speed was almost zero.
Finally today after 4 weeks of constant phone calls to bt i managed to get them to cancel the 18 month contract and refund me all monies paid, this after them sending me 2 hubs out and an engineer saying he couldnt understand why the speed had dropped so much. The guy in cancellations was the rudest customer rep i have ever spoken to and a letter of complaint is going in. He said my contract will end on the 20th. i couuldnt have a mac code as i was cancelling the contract and because of this i would probably be without a bb connection for at least a month (he said this with real delight). I have read with great interest the issues people have had on here with bt and the hub and just want to say keep at bt if they wont seem to budge. I was persistant and refused to roll over each time they said i couldnt cancel. The level of service i received was ridiculous and ive now come to realise what a huge mistake it was joining them in the first place. anyone thinking of going over to bt as a new customer, my advice is stay well clear!
Old 31-August-2007, 11:20
ladshead

Unhappy Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

Can anyone help? Because them at BT are completely useless. I started the setup process (power cable, filter) and waited for my three lights to come on. Wireless, Broadband and Internet. Only the wireless light is showing despite me being informed that my BT line is active. Ive left it sat there all night and just one light is on. What is happening? What can I do? Ive tried to contact them, waited hours and hours, been transferred a million times and all they have done is run a line test and said its fine and give me another number to call. I want to cry!
Old 31-August-2007, 13:13
Austin_KW

No DSL signal.

Try connecting to the BT test socket (if you have one). Find the BT master socket, remove the lower front face plate, there should be a test socket behind it. Using this test socket will remove any problems from your internal wiring and any problems with extension devices
Old 31-August-2007, 13:18
ladshead

Thanks! I will try that if I can find one in my home.

Any other advice people???
Old 31-August-2007, 13:23
Austin_KW

Also try a different filter, they can be faulty.
Old 31-August-2007, 13:26
ladshead

I tried both of them in the box - Thanks though, I will have a good rummage when I get home! x
Old 03-September-2007, 16:23
GALLIFREYGIRL

Thumbs down Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

The Biggest Mistake I Made Was Switching From Sky To Bt (router To A Modem) And All The Hub Has Done Is Slow Down My Computer And Those Bloody Flashing Data + Internet.

And It Also Disconnects Itself Also Pain In The Arse
Old 03-September-2007, 19:48
Austin_KW

The Biggest Mistake I Made Was Switching From Sky To Bt (router To A Modem) And All The Hub Has Done Is Slow Down My Computer And Those Bloody Flashing Data + Internet.

And It Also Disconnects Itself Also Pain In The Arse
Originally Posted by GALLIFREYGIRL View Post
The hub is a router but if you prefer the sky netgear router why not just use it. Just unlock it.
Old 06-September-2007, 12:51
Lines

utter cr*p. ive had the hub and broadband for little over 2 months now, and the hub just cuts me off broadband when it wants. but now im not too sure if its the hub or the bt connection, dispite having adsl filters on every phone socket and the hub line, theres still a scratchy hissing sound on the phone. This is bts business, you'd think they would have sorted out these problems by now, but no, they jus keep selling the faulty sh*t. Never get BT broadband, useless!
Old 12-May-2008, 12:35
cockers1943

I know I'm coming in to this thread late, but nothing seems to have changed. I have just spent 5 hours over 3 days on the telephone to the so-called technical centre in India only for them to discover that I have not been switched properly from BT Business to BT Residential. Same story, can connect easily with my old Router (Netgear), zilch with the Home Hub I'm now told to wait 24 hours to see if they can fix the problem.

I only got this far with threats, demands to speak with someone who could speak proper english, and a general refusal to hang up or let them call me back later (generally by saying "How on Earth can I believe you?"). I was in IT support for the last 5 years and had I treated my users like that I would not have lasted 5 seconds. Where on earth has old-fashioned customer service gone?

Does anyone know a number to call for BRITISH support from BTBroadband?

Steamin' Ian
Old 26-June-2008, 22:09
Geust

Hello! Just last week i resolved my problem it took me two months!
I had a green power light and wireless light but the broadband light would flash orange and then glow a steady orange meaning i don't have broadband, after hours and week on the phone to BT i finally got to a higher authority and he said he'll get them to check the work at the exchange and it seems it was the work had not been completed!
Try get intouch with BT
**ONLY IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME SETTING UP BROADBAND**
Old 04-September-2009, 17:48
krazykat

Thumbs down Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

BT i think are the worst internet provider i have seen in a long time...

iv been with them for around 8 months and have had continual problems with my hub, at the moment only the power and broadband light are on, wireless dosnt work, and the BT verve phones that i have paid 90 for isnt even compatable with the hub as everytime i make a call it disconects my internet and resets the hub......Iv seen dial up that works better than this.....pfttttt!!!!! Iv been calling them about this for about 3 months now complaining, for them to tell me there is nothing wrong...... and that i should pay my bill, but thats just not going to happen, i wont pay for a service that im not getting..

Just got off the fone to them in the past hour to be told that there has never been any faults reported about my hub since i received it..........so what happened to the enginere that was supposed to call me back when the problem was fixed??, non exsistant i guess, same as it must have been my imagination all those times iv called and complained. This company is a joke, how the hell have they managed to stay in buisness so long with such poor customer service, and no clue about what their doing, im shocked to say the least.
Old 03-November-2009, 23:56
Anti BT

Exclamation Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

I have BT about 1 mouth and have enough of it its f****n slow and people you call with are useless I should be getting 8-9Mbps and I'm not even getting 1Mbps wtf???
Old 18-November-2009, 12:25
thewolf

Red face Re: BT Home Hub doesn't work

In responce to unlokia's comment 2 years ago about Apple Macintosh being the best make of computing hardware in existance;

http://www.mactard.co.uk/iblog//iblo...b260417e_o.jpg

I don't think I need say anymore...
Old 29-November-2009, 10:48
Brian

Ditched the troublesome BT home hub months ago, now using a Netgear DG834GT, now rock solid.
Old 22-October-2010, 16:29
sweeny

Another trouble with these BT home hubs is that they are LOCKED to BT. This means that when you have had enough of BT ands switch suppliers, the routers are good for nothing.
The irony is that BT have awards for lowering carbon emissions and dealing with waste, and indeed advise business customers as to good practice.
Well instead of telling others how to behave maybe they should stop locking the routers and allow their use with any broadband provider.
Producing locked crap suitable only for the tip is not eco friendly. (Nobody buys them on ebay by the way)
Old 07-January-2011, 01:49
andy goodson

Have the BT New HUB - never worked - help line repetively useless. Thanks for the above it made my day after 6 days of stressfull calls the the helpline. I've had a quicker service on dial up and wouldn't have changed if it didn't take so long to do antivirus updates.
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
My home hub 2.0 kicks you off for no reason and you have to turn the power off and wait before powering up again and it will work fine for awhile then you have to repeat the process again, have contacted bt loads of times and they talk to you like you are dumb and tell you to keep going through the same processes. In the end they sent an engineer out but he checked the line and turned the hub on and then back on again and said it was ok, The hub is at fault as far as I can tell and best to be put in the bin or smashed and burned. What a let down BT I might as well have stayed on dial up with AOL and they where crap.

Tags
broadband, bt, bt home hub, cable, car, compare, computer, dns, firmware, flash, free, free broadband, home, home hub, hub, internet, laptop, lights, line, modem, music, netgear, offer, online, phone, router, settings, sky, slow, software, speedlink, speeds, windows, wireless