Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > Web Shopping

Old 24-March-2007, 11:09
sandypants

Exclamation Dont shop online with Urban Outfitters!

They dont give you your 5 delivery charge back if you return stuff unless it is damaged of faulty! This means you cant 'try things on' then change your mind without it costing you a fiver! I have called Consumer Direct who have told me that this is against Distance Selling Regulations but Urban Outfitters will not budge, I dont really know what to do...

S
Old 24-March-2007, 11:27

Default Re: Dont shop online with Urban Outfitters!

Thats the same with all online sellers you cant expect them to send you stuff just for the fun of it and foot the delivery bill.

The trader may charge you for the cost of collecting the goods, or you may have to pay the return postage yourself, unless the goods were faulty in the first place
Take from the Distance Selling Regulations , they may also charge your a restocking fee.

The return would be free if it was damaged, incorrect or faulty.
Old 26-November-2007, 17:26
Foz77

That's tottaly unfair dude!.Freakin cheap internet sellers that....*mumbles*
Old 26-November-2007, 17:47
Techno Peasant

Be reasonable sandypants.

It cost the Urban Outfitters money to send you stuff to try on - you've had that part of the service. The fact it doesn't fit / doesn't suit / you've changed you're mind isn't down to UO - why should they foot the bill.

Next you'll be expecting any high street store to refund your fuel and parking (or rail / bus fares - if that's your mode of transport) if you have an unsuccessful shopping trip because they've got nothing you like on the shelf.
Old 26-November-2007, 19:52

shipping charge I can understand and if you break the packaging to open it then a restock fee is also fair

really I tend to buy things online a lot of the time as you get more rights, if you buy something in a shop on the highstreet and wish to return it they don't have to accept the return (unless it's faulty) and some will try and fob you off with vouchers
Old 30-November-2007, 20:13
steveh

shipping charge I can understand and if you break the packaging to open it then a restock fee is also fair

really I tend to buy things online a lot of the time as you get more rights, if you buy something in a shop on the highstreet and wish to return it they don't have to accept the return (unless it's faulty) and some will try and fob you off with vouchers
Originally Posted by silver View Post
You are right that you have more rights online as you can retuun goods that a shop does not have to take back.

The shop does not have to pay the postage if you change your mind. However a shop cannot charge you a restocking fee in the UK that is illegal. They must accept the goods back. There are a few exception to this rule e.g. products of an intimate nature (i.e. adult toys, pierced jewellery), videos, dvds and computer games where the seal has been broken and (I think) books.

A retailer can argue about a return if they feel the buyer has not simply tried an item on.

Hope this clears it up for your guys.
Old 14-April-2008, 14:59
jokerinthepack

Sounds reasonable to me, isn't this the norm?

Tags
computer, free, internet, line, online, shop, shop online, shopping, voucher