Old 11-January-2007, 12:59
drduke

Unhappy Tesco Broadband Services

I have signed up specifically to this to just make a few points clear with regards to Tesco Broadband.
A lot of people, as I know and have read, have had, have been having, and probably WILL have connection problems with Tesco Broadband.
But please bear in mind, when you're talking to the person at the end of the phone, you are NOT speaking to Tesco, you are talking to a normal human being, just like yourselves, just trying to earn a living and get by. The reason why people work there is because there are no other jobs available to them in the area, 'cos let's face it, most of them are all executive positions with the stance of "who you know, not WHAT you know".
What you have to understand is that the people on the end of the phone are the first line of support you have, and they are essentially middle men in the whole affair. Everything with Tesco is provision and arranged through BT, all the technical faults, checks, connections, home moves, EVERYTHING is done thorugh BT, NOT Tesco, hence why things take so long.
So also bear in mind, whilst you're slagging off the strangers who are just trying to do their job, and if you call just to give them a telling off, then you are just wasting your breath, because there is NOTHING they can do, other than their job, all the other things, like passing to supervisors, trying to make orders quicker, instant refunds, everything like that, PHYSCIALLY CANNOT BE DONE, no matter how much you shout and swear at them, they just cannot do it, because Tesco will NOT authorise these action, and BT will NOT authorise these actions.

HOWEVER, (they hate it when you do this)

If you REALLY want to register you complaint the best thing to do is send a written formal complaint, this will entitle you a guaranteed responce in 14 working days, by law. If they do not adhere to this, they are breaking business codes. The only way that Tesco will aknowledge you complaint is if it is in writing, if you e-mail the complaint, it will be ignored, if you phone in your complaint, nothing can be done.
The head office address is: -

Tesco.Net
PO Box 612
Newport
NP10 8QX

Include your full name, address, phone number, username, password and mothers maiden name, otherwise they'll send it back saying that they cannot discuss due to DPA. If they do send this letter back asking you to ring, then send it straight back, this is just a tactic to defer you from complaining successfully. Keep at it, as it annoys them when they finally have to take the complaint and deal with it.

They can deal with your complaint, and no-one else. If they do NOT respond, then they are breaking to law, rather than ring up Tesco and complain to the stranger on the phone, go above that, take legal action, just do anything! Tesco are fleecing everything they touch at the moment and their business practices should not be allowed to continue, especially with Broadband.
I would personally advised every Tesco Broadband customer to cancel after their 12 month period 'cos their prices are day light robbery, and the service is unreliable, and the only to stop them, is to stop using them.

So please, go easy on the tech support advisors, it's not them who are trying to screw you, it's Tesco, and they're screwing their employees as well.

Thanks for your time
Old 15-January-2007, 00:54
aaaa

Default Re: Tesco Broadband Services

Tesco use NTL infrastructure. BT line, yes. Tesco are the middle man in a sense as they are not getting the service they pay NTL for. I am sure that there are some tactics involved where the customer service staff are told what the score is and what to do in certain situations. At the end of the day though, the people higher up have jobs to make the ISP business profitable for Tesco and that is what they do.
Old 15-January-2007, 14:03
drduke

It is set up through NTL yes, but the work is carried out by BT.
NTL and BT aren't providing the service, which doesn't make it the customer service advisors faults, it's the fault of general business practices, which is why if anyone wants change with this, they would need to take it to a much larger stage.
It's not fair that BT and NTL are so lapsed about it, but at the same time Tesco should know better but they've just gone totally power mad and are monopolizing everything.
Long story short, every body quit Tesco!!!
Old 15-January-2007, 20:06
aaaa

I'll go and quit Tesco and tie myself to another contract because you say so then.
Old 15-January-2007, 20:59
drduke

As you may have guess, I do work for Tesco Broadband, I am that guy at the other end of the phone, and this is me telling everyone, that it would be best to leave Tesco, ideally it would be better if everyone left their broadband 'cos it is all contracted.
Before you go thinking I'm crazy, a lot of people are too dependant on this mediocre form of technology, which ties them into contracts. But at the end of the day, a Broadband contract isn't worth being tied to, nobody NEEDS internet access, not physically, it's just another material possetion that our new world is too dependent on.
I'm just trying to offer some inside advice, because the business practices in place ensure that things will not be done quickly. Weather you decide to listen to me or not is your choice, but you have been warned. Tesco's service in general is less than standard and there's nothing in the works to change that.
I'm just sick of taking all the abuse from customer because Tesco cannot provide the service they say they can, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that, except boycott Tesco and stop going to them for any of their services.
Old 15-January-2007, 22:07
aaaa

Time for a change of job? If there are no other jobs out there for you, then maybe you should think twice before asking people to not use the company you work for.
Old 16-January-2007, 14:19
drduke

I honestly don't care, Tesco make billions every year anyway. So what, I'll just have to go and get another replica office job somewhere else, but it will be no different therer either.
There's no need to get ********in' cheeky with me though, I assume from your previous posts you're a Tesco customer as well, and therefore just another statistic like the rest of us. Rather than shunning the information given to you, open your mind and accept the fact that all is NOT peachy ********in' keen! And how ********ing dare you tell me to think twice about what I say, I'll be the judge of that!
Enjoy your shoddy broadband service, I'm getting the ******** out of here.
Old 20-January-2007, 19:05
g6zru

Is this not the kind of response that you were complaining about when applied to Tesco customers?
Old 27-January-2007, 15:57
Jackomk

drduke, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post all that useful info. about Tesco Broadband. I was fairly close to contacting them. Now I know they are just middle men, I'll not bother.
Old 04-February-2007, 15:55
tescotom

drduke, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post all that useful info. about Tesco Broadband. I was fairly close to contacting them. Now I know they are just middle men, I'll not bother.
Originally Posted by Jackomk View Post
i work for tesco inernet support tech 2nd line. and im not middle age im only 22

and they dont screw there staff as im one off them so this thread should be locked imo

Last edited by tescotom; 04-February-2007 at 16:21.
Old 15-February-2007, 15:20
jarv

Before you go thinking I'm crazy, a lot of people are too dependant on this mediocre form of technology, which ties them into contracts. But at the end of the day, a Broadband contract isn't worth being tied to, nobody NEEDS internet access, not physically, it's just another material possetion that our new world is too dependent on.
Originally Posted by drduke View Post
hmm, i wouldnt call the internet mediocre

and there are people out there that NEED the internet as its so integrated into the world of business and more that without it it would be very hard to progress.
i am a freelance designer and NEED the internet to source clients/images/trends. i can create work within minutes and have it sent to the client for approval and then to a printers all from my computer. without the internet how long do you think this would take me?
if we dont need the internet then realy we dont need anything do we.
its not realy a material possession, like a hat or earrings, its an aid to our progression. just like the discovery of electricity or invention of the combustion engine. we may not 'NEED' them but they make a lot more possible...
Old 22-February-2007, 18:07
TechTechy

TESCOTOM - It's not your desk, it has not been DSE assessed.
Anyone can sit there.
Old 22-February-2007, 18:21
tescotom

TESCOTOM - It's not your desk, it has not been DSE assessed.
Anyone can sit there.
Originally Posted by TechTechy View Post
nvm......... any1 can work at bt then based in singerpoor.
aleast tesco based in wales and cheshire.

btw i shop at asda.
Old 22-February-2007, 18:41
TechTechy

nvm ??? speak english.

You do not work as a 2nd line support agent at tesco.net.
Who works for bt based at Singapore ?????
Old 22-February-2007, 18:45
tescotom

nvm ??? speak english.

You do not work as a 2nd line support agent at tesco.net.
Who works for bt based at Singapore ?????
nvm means (never-mind) keep crying
Old 22-February-2007, 18:48
TechTechy

tescotom is not a 2nd line support agent at tesco.net, based in wales.
He's just a big sissy who cries when someone sits at the desk that he thinks is his.

So you keep crying SISSY
Old 22-February-2007, 18:58
tescotom

tescotom is not a 2nd line support agent at tesco.net, based in wales.
He's just a big sissy who cries when someone sits at the desk that he thinks is his.

So you keep crying SISSY

apart from tesco broadband is based in Crewe 2

go on give us a ring at 08456508000 ask if there based in crewe or newport
75% of calls go to Crewe....
Old 22-February-2007, 19:00
TechTechy

But you don't work in Crewe brother, do you !!
Old 22-February-2007, 19:02
TechTechy

I know where you are based, i work with you brother.
Old 22-February-2007, 19:05
tescotom

I know where you are based, i work with you brother.
????????? I WORK IN CREWE..
Old 22-February-2007, 19:10
TechTechy

Yeah right !!!!!!
Old 22-February-2007, 19:14
TechTechy

They don't work in Crewe, they PASS THE BUCK
Old 24-February-2007, 16:05

Seeing as this thread has just turned into where you do or dont work what desk you sit at and isnt any help to anyone its being locked.

Tags
abuse, broadband, bt, company, computer, connection, home, internet, isp, law, line, mail, make, offer, phone, shop, tesco