Old 18-September-2012, 18:31

Default audio disaster tesco bb

all my audio sounds like someone talking down concrete pipe into tiled bathroom.The problem started as soon as b-band was installed.Being naive i tried 5 computers with diffent sound cards also spkrs.Its so bad ive given up trying to decipher any speech on internet.Am using Thomson modem/router TG 580.My comp is d/stairs and the router is next room.The BT main socket is upstairs and linked to modem with phone cable.Am not using wireless at mo but have linked comp/modem with usual network cable.Anybody got any ideas as im fed up at mo.I want to listen to radio stations and ham radio from dallas which are the only people ive heared telling truth about usa politics.Quite stunning compared with the smarmy uk efforts.The site is Bob Bellarc dallas repeater on wk days tween say 14.00 and 15.30. (sometimes off air.) Theres other good stuff on there too not just politics.PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.In return will try to do for you.
Old 19-September-2012, 09:34
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Default Re: audio disaster tesco bb

Hi, and welcome to TS

Have you tried swapping the BB filter for another one known to work ?

Next, you need to eliminate the possibility of internal phone wiring faults. Connect the router to the BT 'master socket', under the faceplate of the main BT NTE5 phone socket SEE This for info .

Does this make any difference ?

If not, can you move the PC next to the master phone socket upstairs to shorten the length of phone cable to the router ?

If none of this works, you may have some radio interference either from neighbours, or possiby from your house mains wiring. Can you try your PC at a friend's house to eliminate any faults in it ?

Tags
adsl, audio, bad, bt, cable, cards, internet, make, master socket, modem, network, phone, router, tesco, thomson, wireless