Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 20-December-2011, 12:51
micklei

Smile AOL (talktalk) settings Help required!

Hello, Im looking for some expert help

After been frustrated at the two wireless routers supplied by AOL, I have bought a Belkin F6D4630uk4A from Argos on impulse.

My issue was that one vista laptop didnt connect, PS3 didnt connect and iPhones and iPad would disconnect. Other computers and Xbox were good getting 8 meg connection .

I bought the Belkin home and connected no problem all my gadgets have connected brilliant and resonable happy but.......... I only have upto 1 meg connection and sometimes lower.

I feel that there maybe a setting wrong somewhere.

Can anyone help, it would be appricated.

Thanks
Old 20-December-2011, 14:37
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Default Re: AOL (talktalk) settings Help required!

Have you tried Googling this problem ?

Might the problem be that your ISP's exchange is re-evaluating your supply speed due to the installation of a new router ?

Also, this router is an 'N' protocol rather than a/b/g and I think it needs matching 'N' protocol wifi adaptors in each of your other hardware items to get maximum transfer speed.

Having said that, I recently bought a Netgear 'N' router and my BB speed leapt from around 5 Mb to just about double, but I had to select the 'max speed' setting in the router setup. Have you got the setup instructions for your Belkin to check if there is a similar setting on it ? If not, you should be able to download a user manual from their website.

Welcome to The Scream by the way

Tags
aol, belkin, connection, googling, happy, home, isp, laptop, netgear, router, settings, speed, talk, talktalk, wireless, xbox