Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 19-December-2009, 22:41
Former TS! Team

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

i cant open the link http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm ........
Originally Posted by ThomasYang View Post
Thomas, the link opens fine from here - Maybe the great firewall is blocking it (although I can't think why).

Also I don't believe that this hardware will work in your country.
Old 22-December-2009, 17:32
ThomasYang

Question Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Thomas, the link opens fine from here - Maybe the great firewall is blocking it (although I can't think why).

Also I don't believe that this hardware will work in your country.
Originally Posted by Memfis View Post

Memfis, Thank you. I opened that link.

Can anyone tell me how to change "Activation Key" on V6?

for example: 5225-26P4-6262-22AS-B2E7

http://www.2wire.com/index.php?p=268

On BT V5, Activation Key can be changed by using "Setup Wizard", not Wizard no longer existing on V6.

Cheers
Old 24-December-2009, 16:21
Screamager

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Don't think you can
Old 27-December-2009, 10:38
Yarik73

Who else still had options which were on page http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGVbtV6setup.htm

Last edited by silver; 27-December-2009 at 10:56. Reason: removed email address
Old 07-January-2010, 17:39
skooby

Hi all,
Hopefully you can help a noob out. I have 2 2700hgv routers. The first is a 4201-003003-006, 2701-100588-005. Ihave flashed it with 5.29.107.12
The second is a 2701-100589-005, 4201-003003-008. This came preflashed with sing tel firmware.

I have the same problem with both of them and that is there is no option for power setting of the wireless on them. I am 99% certain the sing tel one had one when I first got it (earlier today) but now it doesnt. Probably doing something really dumb but hopefully you can help.

Thanks
Skooby
Old 07-January-2010, 17:52
TheAshMan

Does anyone know how to convert this router into a kind of bridge?

i have an ethernet cable that i would like to plug into the back of it to provide the routers internet connection. I would then like the router to broadcast a wifi signal to connect my devices to.

any information would be most appreciated
Old 07-January-2010, 22:09
Austin_KW

Does anyone know how to convert this router into a kind of bridge?

i have an ethernet cable that i would like to plug into the back of it to provide the routers internet connection. I would then like the router to broadcast a wifi signal to connect my devices to.

any information would be most appreciated
Originally Posted by TheAshMan View Post
Easy, Just disable dhcp. On the LAN settings page.

If you current network is not 192.168.1.x, or you current router uses 192.168.1.254 you may want to change its IP address on the same page. Then you can still modify the wireless settings etc once it is connected to your router.

Then connect one of its lan ports to your current router

You will also want to change the default wireless security settings from WEP to WPA-PSK /WPA2-PSK, Change the SSID/network name to something easily recognisable and set a new key/password.
Old 31-January-2010, 01:00
firetrap

Hi, i have flashedmy 2700 with the 425.sp (4.25.19)firmware, all seems ok apart from i can not change the hub name - if i change it i lose the wireless connection and cant get it back until i restore the default name. Also i can only use wep open security, and power settings are stuck 1-4, channels 5,6,7 only,

can anyone please advise on how to fix this or what i am doing wrong, please,please?? :-)

thanks in advance!
Old 01-March-2010, 09:01
naton

Hi guys,

I have two BT 2wire 2700HGV modems a v4 one and a v6 one. The v4 one was a gift and I had it first. After reading the contente of the first page in this thread I used the SBC firmware to unlock it. Unlocked this modem worked fine for about 4 months and then stopped. It doesn't connect any more. I'm using this modem abroad, and my settings are:

VPI/VCI: 0/35
Routed LLC
PPPoE

My broadband username has a different format compared to the one used in the UK. My username is not like an email address (e.g. name@btconnect.com) but just a name (e.g. abcdef1234).

Now, when I try to use the v4 modem the 'power light' and the 'ethernet light' are solid green but the 'broadband light' is never solid green. It's either flashing green or solid red. When I use Routed LLC/PPPoE it's solid red, but when I use a different setting it flashes green and then turns into solid red intermittently.

I though that my SBC firmware was at fault so I flashed my router again...same result.

Do you think that my modem is faulty and good to bin, or do you thing that it is not properly set?

Since I was not able to get this v4 modem to work I acquired a v6.1.1.48 modem. I tried getting to work following bt2700hgv.tripod.com tutorial but I couldn't. I reset the password and then keyed in my broadband details but for some reason the modem refuses to save my broadband details. They always go back to the factory settings. The result is 'power light' green, 'ethernet light' green, and 'broadband light' green, the 'internet light' is either off or solid red.

I flashed the v6.1.1.48 using the v6.1.1.22 firmware. That didn't make the situation better nor worse. I mean by that that I still can't change the default broadband settings so to get this second modem to connect.

I spend two full days surfing the net for answers with my old trusty USB modem. I tried everything I found online with no avail, so I would appreciate any advice you can tell me.
Old 11-March-2010, 10:59
jamesworts

morning all,

Ok i have read through everypage, and i'm a little lost now, I noticed patioheater mentioned he had managed to flash a 2ssid model, unless i read wrong!

I have a 2 ssid unit with number 4201-003003-007 can this be flashed or not?
thanks
Old 12-March-2010, 21:18
Screamager

morning all,

Ok i have read through everypage, and i'm a little lost now, I noticed patioheater mentioned he had managed to flash a 2ssid model, unless i read wrong!

I have a 2 ssid unit with number 4201-003003-007 can this be flashed or not?
thanks
Originally Posted by jamesworts View Post
As long as it's not the latest v6 firmware on your router then this will sort it for you

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t27742.html?
Old 21-March-2010, 21:35
FazerWiz

Question Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Unfortunately my hub says it's running firmware version 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm

Is there any way of ulocking my router? Could I downgrade the firmware first or is there any other firmware available that can be used to unlock it?

Any help gratefully received.
Old 22-March-2010, 14:15
Jez Chambers

Hello I am new to this forum seeking answers to the bthh 2700hgv..

Recently acquired this hub. But previous owner states that flashed incorrectly with wrong firmware and hence bricked.

When you turn on router, the green light blinks happily... after about 5minutes all the lights turn RED.

I cannot get access via a browser to the default address I guess of http:192.168.1.254...

Resetting the router makes no difference.

Is there anyway to recover this router or is it ready to meet its maker?

If it helps the serial ids are:-

SN: 150811004XXXR (upper barcode) - obliterated last 3 digits
4201-003003-XXX (bottom barcode) - obliterated last 3 digits

Thanks.
Old 23-March-2010, 21:50
Screamager

Hello I am new to this forum seeking answers to the bthh 2700hgv..

Recently acquired this hub. But previous owner states that flashed incorrectly with wrong firmware and hence bricked.

When you turn on router, the green light blinks happily... after about 5minutes all the lights turn RED.

I cannot get access via a browser to the default address I guess of http:192.168.1.254...

Resetting the router makes no difference.

Is there anyway to recover this router or is it ready to meet its maker?

If it helps the serial ids are:-

SN: 150811004XXXR (upper barcode) - obliterated last 3 digits
4201-003003-XXX (bottom barcode) - obliterated last 3 digits

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Jez Chambers View Post
Bin it
Old 24-March-2010, 17:17
Jez Chambers

Yes... I thought as much.... RIP...

Will see if I can cannibalize out a mini-pci wireless card if there is such a thing inside.
Old 23-August-2010, 12:31
fred flintstone

ok mine is quite easy to answer it should be yes or no can the 2wire machine model 2701hgv-w be upgraded with this firmware is it a simler one to the 2700 thanks
Old 11-September-2010, 18:56
SmeeGaan

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware 2700hgv v6.1

Looks as if this is the end of the thread. V6 firmware can't be unlocked to use the 2wire on a diff ISP.
Please correct this post if I'm wrong ( I sure want to know how to do it.)
Old 17-September-2010, 09:11
Screamager

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware 2700hgv v6.1

Looks as if this is the end of the thread. V6 firmware can't be unlocked to use the 2wire on a diff ISP.
Please correct this post if I'm wrong ( I sure want to know how to do it.)
Originally Posted by SmeeGaan View Post
You can't unlock them with diff firmware but you can use v6 with different ISP's

Check out how here

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/ir1002700HGV.htm
Old 30-September-2010, 22:17
BROADCAST

What i found interesting is that i turned up the power on a twin ssid model with v5 firmware.
When the hub got updated to v6,the power level remained at 100 !
Old 09-October-2010, 07:09

Is there any firmware for 2700HG-D ? i am using a modem from Singtel and would like to use on other ISP in a diff country
Old 16-October-2010, 23:28
arpcpro

Default Anyone knows how to change to "channel 14"?

I live in a very crowded area on what WiFi APs is concerned. I can see about 11 APs when I scan the neighbours.

I see that some people here have know how to access directly to functions on this 2WIRE router that usually dont appear selectable from the menus. So my question is:

Anyone knows how to change this router to work on "channel 14"?

The region of my router is set to Europe, so we are only allowed to use channels 1-13. But my area is so crowded that I thought of using channel 14, that is only allowed to use in Japan and for wifi b.
Old 18-November-2010, 13:13
Bazru

Hi! I here recently. I have purchased the modem - 2WIRE BT BUSINESS HUB WIRELESS ROUTER (BT2700HGV)
I can use it with others ISP? What I need to make? Thanks!
Old 24-November-2010, 07:34
Bazru

I have flashed my modem an unlocked firmware 5.29.107.12
Now I can use with mine ISP
But i have one problem - I cannot call through VoIP
My VoIP provider (sipnet.ru) advises mine to change dial plan in my modem.
Who can help me with it? Thanks!
Old 19-March-2011, 21:27
gunnsters_disciple

Angry Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

**Warning** Flashing newer versions of the BT Business Hub (2wire 2700HGV) with the sbc recovery_425 firmware mentioned in this thread, will cause the router to stop working. No procedure to restore operation is known at this time.

These newer Hubs can be easily identified as they have two SSIDs printed underneath the router, both beginning with 'BT'.

Carrying out any of the upgrades to the hub mentioned in the following pages, is done at your own risk.

The Scream! and contributors, hold no responsibility if something goes wrong.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

makes me wonder why people would carry it out if your saying its unsafe will it mess up my router or not ?
Old 26-April-2011, 11:33
Screamager

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

makes me wonder why people would carry it out if your saying its unsafe will it mess up my router or not ?
Originally Posted by gunnsters_disciple View Post
If you have a twin SSID 2700,the 4.25 firmware WILL screw it
Old 28-October-2011, 17:43
fulls

Smile Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Anyone know the MDC username and password yet for BT 2wire 2700 router? This is killing me, i need to access it remotely to reboot at times.

I am still running the 5 firmware which allows this.

I saw one guy asking for this in the thread but he never seemed to get an answer...........

Is the username and password a mystery???
Old 24-March-2012, 08:03
Screamer

Hi guys!
I flashed my router 2wire 2701HGV_B with SingTel Recovery Firmware v5.29.117.3. Now short-lived POWER LED flashes green, then lit red only. LAN not working.I cannot get access via a browser to the default address I guess of http:192.168.1.254...

I killed a router or can I restore it?

Last edited by sardor; 25-March-2012 at 03:43.
Old 13-October-2012, 01:09
Screamer

Guys,
I scanned through all the threads, so one last confirmation , this seems to be ok to flash with steps in first post,
2701HG G GATEWAY
1000-423003-000

Please any last minute info is welcomed as I dont have the device in hand yet.
Many thanks
Old 13-October-2012, 16:26
Screamer

looks dead here haha
Hope u all ok, and thanks OP
Old 31-May-2013, 14:19
Screamer

Just flashed from :-
System Information
Model: BT2700HGV
Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005
Firmware Version: 6.3.9.63-plus.tm

to
Now Qwest Firmware QT04-6.1.5.48.2

without a glitch.
:-)

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless