Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 18-May-2008, 09:42
Hornet600

Default AOL / Talk Talk

Could somebody please explain what is going on. Yesterday my ISP was AOL, & today my ISP is Talk Talk Your explanations would be gratefully received.
Old 18-May-2008, 12:36
Screamager

Default Re: AOL / Talk Talk

Hiya.

For the last few months, CarphoneWareHouse, the owners of TalkTalk and AOL UK, have been moving their customers onto the TalkTalk servers, which they own. Although both parties will be run as separate ISP's.

All AOL customers should have been informed of the move, by Email from what I can remember, but some unfortunately, may have not.

There is likely to be some more info on these Forums or do a Google search for other AOL related Forums.
Old 18-May-2008, 19:37
Hornet600

Hiya.

For the last few months, CarphoneWareHouse, the owners of TalkTalk and AOL UK, have been moving their customers onto the TalkTalk servers, which they own. Although both parties will be run as separate ISP's.

All AOL customers should have been informed of the move, by Email from what I can remember, but some unfortunately, may have not.

There is likely to be some more info on these Forums or do a Google search for other AOL related Forums.
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb51 View Post
Thanks for your reply. The move to the new servers has worked out ok for me, my D/L speed has incresed by 2Mb.
Old 23-November-2008, 15:59
Pins B

I moved from Talk Talk due to the real bad service and problems with the connection and now i see that aol is being taken over by talk talk. It looks like I will have to find another service provider again!
Old 23-November-2008, 16:32
Screamager

TalkTalk bought AOL out, over 2 years ago, lol.

As an example, check the date in the link below....

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp...se-buys-aol-uk
Old 30-September-2010, 20:28
toddy666

Geek, like i'm bothered about their business activities. Been an aol customer (pre broadband/wifi) for ten years and have only experienced problems after they tried to tie me into an 18 month contractual agreement. watch this space

Tags
aol, bad, broadband, connection, email, google, isp, speed, talk, talk talk, talktalk