Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 22-September-2008, 16:56
aaabbbmike

Default How can I find out who my broadband provider is

Hi,

Basically I've moved into a rented flat and tried to get broadband sorted. However the previous tenants have not cancelled their BT line or broadband. I can sort out the BT line but need the mac address to change the broadband to whatever I want. So how do I find out who is currently providing the broadband?

If I connect up my old wireless modem, can I somehow get connected to whatever broadband provider is supplied to the flat.
Old 22-September-2008, 20:14

Default Re: How can I find out who my broadband provider is

dial bt 150 - they should be able to tell you
Old 24-September-2008, 08:37
bpullen

Default Re: How can I find out who my broadband provider is

Basically I've moved into a rented flat and tried to get broadband sorted. However the previous tenants have not cancelled their BT line or broadband. I can sort out the BT line but need the mac address to change the broadband to whatever I want.
Originally Posted by aaabbbmike View Post
TBH, when you change ownership of the BT line, a cease order is likely to be placed on any broadband service that exists, so even if you did have a MAC it might not actually be of much use to you. Having said that, if you can PM me your telephone number I might be able to shed some light on which provider is enabled on your line.

If I connect up my old wireless modem, can I somehow get connected to whatever broadband provider is supplied to the flat.
Not unless you've a valid username and password and active broadband account with that company!

Tags
broadband, bt, company, line, modem, wireless