Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 09-July-2004, 10:16
terryco

Originally posted by RTI
I could probably dig out his name, Terryco. However, from what I can work out having spoken to other people with friends close to the bench, the practice is (or at least was then) common place, as the majority of people that initiate court proceedings over comparatively small amounts are usually trying it on, what a cheek.

Funny old world....
Dear (RTI) Sir, what a sad summing up for all your hard work to recieve Justice, maybe what you say is true? I'm not convinced!

However we are all individuals and need to be treated as such and not just lumped together as trying it on!

If what you say is true then you had lost before you had started. This looks like taking your/our money under false pretenses?

So are you really saying the small (persons) claims court is of no use in situations like yours/ours as the verdict was/is already cut and dried?

I would ask your friends, friends to put what they say in writing, also what is the meaning of "or at least was then".

Did the Judge put all his comments in writing after the case, so as you received your moneys worth?

Yes please RTI I would like to know his name and his summing up proper. As I am under the impression that it's ok for Tiscali and their friends to bully us as long as they don't take you/us to court!

In the Human Rights act is'nt there something about freedom of speech? I would think this judge did not give you freedom of speech by cutting you off as I believe he eluded to "because this is the modern way"

I have to admit there are to many postings to remember them all so perhaps you could help me out if I have got it wrong? so we all know where we stand.

yours sincerely

Last edited by terryco; 09-July-2004 at 16:20.
Old 09-July-2004, 19:21

Dear (RTI) Sir, what a sad summing up for all your hard work to recieve Justice, maybe what you say is true? I'm not convinced!
My name is Roger. I rarely answer to Sir This was the case all those months/years ago - but may not be so any longer. I'm too out of touch.

However we are all individuals and need to be treated as such and not just lumped together as trying it on!
Agreed.

If what you say is true then you had lost before you had started. This looks like taking your/our money under false pretenses?
My mistake was in taking them to court (effectively) for inefficiency and, in MLud's eyes, capitalising on a mistake. I didn't see it that way, but I can respect that viewpoint as being one to discourage.

So are you really saying the small (persons) claims court is of no use in situations like yours/ours as the verdict was/is already cut and dried?
Yes - if you are trying to get back costs without any "real" money. My other way would have been to have paid up the umpty hundred pounds they said that I owed them and claimed it back. I think that may have got a slightly more sympathetic ear - although the question that would be burning on my lips were I the judge would be "If you didn't owe it WTF did you pay it?".

I would ask your friends, friends to put what they say in writing, also what is the meaning of "or at least was then".
I don't have direct access to my friend's friend directly. Furthewrmore the inside info was passed in confidence and I have no intention of rocking either friendship or confidence

Did the Judge put all his comments in writing after the case, so as you received your moneys worth?
No. I transcribed from memory straight to my laptop in the car after the hearing while it was very fresh in my mind. I then copied and pasted it into this forum somewhere - not too far above where you copied the first clips from a day or two ago.

Yes please RTI I would like to know his name and his summing up proper. As I am under the impression that it's ok for Tiscali and their friends to bully us as long as they don't take you/us to court!
If I can find the paperwork - I may have shredded it - I will place the xxxxxxxed out detail from the court paperwork in display here.

In the Human Rights act is'nt there something about freedom of speech? I would think this judge did not give you freedom of speech by cutting you off as I believe he eluded to "because this is the modern way"
Had I done my homework I now know that I could have had my pound of flesh despite the loud "GOOD MORNING" from M'Lud.
Old 09-July-2004, 22:21
terryco

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RTI
[B] Quote:

My name is Roger. I rarely answer to Sir This was the case all those months/years ago - but may not be so any longer. I'm too out of touch.

Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:

My mistake was in taking them to court (effectively) for inefficiency and, in MLud's eyes, capitalising on a mistake. I didn't see it that way, but I can respect that viewpoint as being one to discourage.

Quote:

Yes - if you are trying to get back costs without any "real" money. My other way would have been to have paid up the umpty hundred pounds they said that I owed them and claimed it back. I think that may have got a slightly more sympathetic ear - although the question that would be burning on my lips were I the judge would be "If you didn't owe it WTF did you pay it?".

Quote:

I don't have direct access to my friend's friend directly. Furthewrmore the inside info was passed in confidence and I have no intention of rocking either friendship or confidence

Quote:

No. I transcribed from memory straight to my laptop in the car after the hearing while it was very fresh in my mind. I then copied and pasted it into this forum somewhere - not too far above where you copied the first clips from a day or two ago.

Quote:

If I can find the paperwork - I may have shredded it - I will place the xxxxxxxed out detail from the court paperwork in display here.

Quote:

Had I done my homework I now know that I could have had my pound of flesh despite the loud "GOOD MORNING" from M'Lud."[B] Quote :

Dear Sir, (I said Sir because you were my knight in shining armour).
I have been kicked in to touch years ago?

Thank you very much for your reply's. What a shocker this case turned out to be.
From your explanations, the system has us by the B***s. (just what it intended me think's!). (Tiscali must be laughing up it's sleave? nothing to fear from the court or it's customer's.)

The winner's in all this is the system, your views on my question's have convinced me now that if a person with your resolve cannot even get a sympathetic ear in this instance then the system is bad to the core and does not favour little people.

Best kept away from, "little people beware you are now entering shark infested waters" should be the warning with an arrow pointing to these posting's. "The system and those with brass will toss you around like pebbles on a beach."

You say
"Had I done my homework I now know that I could have had my pound of flesh despite the loud "GOOD MORNING" from M'Lud."

I suppose this is some consolation?

I don't know what else you could have done, apart from going the human rights way. By the way I think you have been to kind to the Judge.

I have always been taught to have things in writing that may effect my life before I believe any one, this is why I mentioned it. I notice the Judge gave you nothing in writing.

I really want to thank you for all the hard work you put in and and having ago at Tiscali who would have made lesser persons in to nervous wreck's.

I take it that It's now too late for Justice and that this is "the end"?
Amen.
yours sincerely

Last edited by terryco; 09-July-2004 at 22:38.
Old 09-July-2004, 23:58

I was only joking about "Sir" actually - it is courteous of you (though not necessary in here - you truly are among friends).

I do think this is the end for this one though. What I really wanted was the judge to restrict Tiscali from doing things. Time has eroded that - financial compensation would not help that.
Old 11-July-2004, 10:47
Safe Sane Consensual

See "Calling "rogue diallers" to account"
Old 15-October-2004, 12:48
cyberdyne

Question Re: Tiscali's debt collectors are going to take me to court

Hi.
I have a small debt with WOL.
DLC were taking payments from me via Payplan for the last 2 yrs or so but have apparently handed it back to WOL.
I have the Godalming address for them and an 0207 telephone number which is answered by a 'Prince somebody-or-other'!
Can anyone please shed any light on how I can pay what I owe to them.
Should i just write to the Godalming address or is that Tiscali ?

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 15-October-2004, 14:53

Exclamation Re: Tiscali's debt collectors are going to take me to court

Welcome to The Scream! cyberdyne.

I would let sleeping dogs lie. As far as I'm aware, any monies owed to WOL have now been written off. I for one owed them quite a few months of ADSL (not a small sum!) and they contacted me and wrote it off so I would not bother with any small sum you may owe now. If they really wanted to pursue you/it they would have done so without doubt.
Old 15-October-2004, 17:55

Default Re: Tiscali's debt collectors are going to take me to court

I agree - just forget it. There are too many tenuous links now.

If you really feel bad about it pass it to me. I think they owe me big time, but the judge disagreed ;-)
Old 15-October-2004, 20:34

Hi.
I have a small debt with WOL.
DLC were taking payments from me via Payplan for the last 2 yrs or so but have apparently handed it back to WOL.
I have the Godalming address for them and an 0207 telephone number which is answered by a 'Prince somebody-or-other'!
Can anyone please shed any light on how I can pay what I owe to them.
Should i just write to the Godalming address or is that Tiscali ?

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.
Originally Posted by cyberdyne
Hi,

Like Gem says - you probably don't need to pay it,. check out

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t13157.html?
and also
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t14533.html?

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Sil
Old 18-May-2005, 04:41
Safe Sane Consensual

As there are some folks in midst of legal battles with Telco's over scam telephone call charges thought it would be worthwhile to pop this thread to the top as a reminder of how the litigant in person is not always dealt with fairly.

Check if you can get free legal support from your motor or home insurance company or professional association or trade union.
Old 30-March-2009, 19:43

Watchdog is good tonight..... Lots of people peed off with tiscali back office. Will they never learn?!
Old 01-April-2009, 00:49
Screamager

BBC watchdog aired a few views but was in reality just the tip of a iceberg,but i doubt it will stop more fools subscribing to it, sorry to call them fools but unfortunately he/she who doesn't check out potential suppliers could fall foul of the likes of them,hence why they can still trade today perhaps ?
Old 07-April-2009, 15:26

Watchdog is good tonight..... Lots of people peed off with tiscali back office. Will they never learn?!
Originally Posted by RTI View Post
Hi Roger,

hope you are sleeping better now tiscali is a distant memory!

good to see you
Old 24-November-2013, 18:07
Safe Sane Consensual

Just a reminder of some of the archive protest actions and "The Scream" community support.

Sadly the situation remains to be unchanged with threats of debt collectors and people generally unaware of the licence conditions and controls on debt collectors to prevent bullying and illegal entry.

A new opportunity is in the field of claims for insurance policies that have been allegedly wrongly sold.

I have just had to report to the Criminal Justice Department that two people running a Claims Management organisation had in fact themselves got convictions for criminal wrong selling!

Hope we can close "The Scream" with many memories of our actions to end injustice.

Vic

Tags
bad, bailiffs, cards, cash, christmas, collection, company, computer, credit, email, free, home, key, law, line, lost, mail, make, offer, online, opinion, phone, public, scam, security, tiscali, van, voices