Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 29-January-2008, 00:45
Tallman

Post Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

great forum and very glad i found it! thanks to all your great posts, i've sent the following email to all the management team and the board of directors as well as watchdog and which...lol

Dear all,

It is with great regret that I need to bring to your collective attention the poor standards that are currently being passed in your call centres for good customer service. My wife and I have been loyal Tiscali customers for over four (4) years and have experienced the ineptitude in small doses over the years but nothing, and I mean nothing, could compare to the gross negligence, ignorance and downright belligerance we have been subjected to over the past week.

Due to having had our personal banking account descimated at the hands of fraudsters at the end of December 2007, we were forced to cancel all Direct Debits and Standing Orders and have since then have to painstakingly set them all back up, one by one, once the new account details had been arranged by our bank. As a result, despite having only collected a payment just before Christmas, your accounts department terminated our broadband service. I phoned Customer Services immediately I was aware of this and made a payment which was authenticated and confirmed. I was then advised that having the service reinstated could take up to three days. Why this tidbit was not advised prior to accepting payment for a service that could not be activated with same response is only the tip of the incompetency iceberg.

Three days later, there was still no service and thus began my daily routine with your customer services and/or technical departments – I was at the mercy of the answering operative as to whichever department I spoke to that day. I will not bore you with the details of the abhorration that passes for service at your call centres but I will offer you a diarised précis for ease of digestion:

• 6th December DD for £17.99
• 10th January service disconnected
• 10th January payment of £26.26 made
13th January expected date of resumed service
• 13th January phoned customer services and told everything was active on the account – they used ‘tools’ – and was passed to the technical department who in turn sent me to main billings to get a password reset on the account.
• 14th January still no service. Phoned main billings and was bounced to technical and then back to billings and was finally advised that some ‘tools’ were not working and to call back the following day to get connected. Asked to speak with a manager and was told none were in the building.
• 15th January spoke with main billings again who passed me on to the technical department (again, there seems to be a trend starting here) who ran diagnostics on the signal and advised that the problem was with my modem and that I needed to purchse a hardwire cable. Asked to have this case escalated. Again asked to speak with a manager but the call centre was short-staffed and the manager was taking calls. Was advised someone would get back to us. (but thank the stars above I did not hold my breath on this)
• 16th January I purchased said cable (at a cost of £17.99) and (after spending almost 6 hours travelling to and from a hard day’s graft and putting my 12-month old baby to bed) sat comfortably to engage another round with your amazing customer services. I was not to be disappointed. Was advised that their tools still were not operational and that there were no record or account of the conversation with the technical department the day before about the need for me to go out and purchase a hardwire cable. Did that particular operative speak ‘off script’ and therefore did not record his poor advice? But I digress. I was then advised to call again the following day.
• 17th January (the day before my wife goes into hospital for major surgery) and the tools were still not working and was advised to call later on that same day. Called back later and then the request for reconnection was put through and was then quoted that I would have to wait another blessed 24 hours before service would be resumed. Still could not speak with a manager despite requesting to do so and again stating that this problem should be escalated.

The service was reconnected by the time the receiver had been replaced.

Is this farce the excellent customer service that lured me away from my previous ISP?

I had asked about the cost of these calls to your helpline (for which Tiscali will take great pleasure in charging me) and whether there is some process to achieve a satisfactory recompence for cost of calls (and a hardwire cable that I have no use for), inconvenience and distress caused and was advised that I needed to call back once we receive the next month’s bill. Was I surprised? No, is the answer. This response simply typifies my experiences with Tiscali.

After such an experience, kindly advise the procedure that WILL ensure my account with Tiscali can be terminated. Please note, this does not mean that I have asked you cancel my account, but simply provide clear instruction to the process (duration, etc). I apologise in advance for having to spell things out step by step (even to you) but my in my recent experience with your company, comprehension skills and Tiscali are oxymorons.

There is currently limited connectivity from Tiscali and this has been the case for the past 3 days but I have come to expect very little from Tiscali for the money extracted from me every month and am receiving such. Whoever said ‘size matters’ did not envision Tiscali and their 8Mb promise.

Is it true that the complaints email address for Tiscali is routed to a ‘dustbin’?.

I look forward to receiving a response by return.
Old 29-January-2008, 14:33
Tallman

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

hi again...
i got a read receipt from Matthew Talbot's email address despite receiving 'undeliverable' email responses after sending last night.
T
Old 05-February-2008, 14:18
gio

Hi,
After using 'snail mail' to cancel my account in mid august giving 6 weeks from that date for the cancelation and following this up with a telephone call to Tiscali - they decided to carry out billing me. Oh the joy.

They then decided to put a debt collection agency onto me for £70.

Turns out they were in the wrong, but this was after sending several emails to them - please note the debt collection agency were very supportive of this and should you have problems with Tiscali then I do recomend that you keep the debt company updated and CC them in on ALL emails you send to tiscali.

I have noted how ever - (and the rest will be in capitals for anybody qucikly browsing for tips)

THAT SHOULD YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE THEN EMAIL THE FOLLOWING LIST:-

complaints@uk.tiscali.com,
admin@linkgp.co.uk
complaints@ispreview.co.uk,
jody.haskayne@uk.tiscali.com,
mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com,
enquiries@otelo.org.uk,
broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com,
watchdog@bbc.co.uk,

I spent several weeks using the normal method of complaining and didn't even get a response - then I emailed the above list - HEY PRESTO - would you believe it - - I got a response - and they advised they F**ked up.

All that has to be said now is how will they compensate me for my damaged credit rating - Small Claims Court I think for the excess in interest that I will be charged for when I re-new my mortgage - - - for starts.

I also have to commend the person who previously subbmitted the list - - bravo.

Final note - MAKE SURE YOU COMPLAIN TO OFCOM.

p.p.s. - I would pay more for a service if I knew I was helping to pay someones wages who were based in the UK and who could understand and speak english. Not being racist but if a call centre in india pays more than what doctors get in that country then their economy is screwed up and UK companies should not be taking advantage just so the shareholders get more money.

grumble over for now.
Old 07-February-2008, 11:15
Lisa from Peterborough

Hi there

Nice to see I'm not alone with these jokers,I have never come across such disgusting service in all my life. I wish I had never sined up to this pathetic excuse of a company, the list is too long for me to write regarding the problems I have had I have sent 10 letters of compliant to all relevant depatments inclunding the Directors etc and also sent about 20 of the so called complaint forms which I have had not one single reply, I have spent on a fortune on phone calls to there "call centre" in India what a joke that was well it ceryainly wasn't funny.I just the company collaspes or is took over by people who know how to run a company!

from a very very dissatisfied customer!
Old 12-February-2008, 20:16
muffinisis

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

i wish i knew what would do it, i have complained, i have telephoned, emailed, and I strongly suspect it doesnt matter, i have friends with other service providers with the same problem, there is just not enough not being technically minded time, or whatever, to cover the number of people wanting to log on at peak times, so what happens the service providers lie, i do not blame the people in the call centre, it must not be nice for them to be castigated on a regular basis, most of them must rely on the wages they get, its the people at the top. How do you get at them
Old 13-February-2008, 13:35
Simon155

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

In December 2003 I had the misfortune of signing up with Tiscali . Having had the usual problems with getting the service started and working (we've seen em all before), things appeared to be ticking over smoothly. In June 2004, we moved house, and took the tiscali service with us. One slight oddity popped up however. Rather than move the account over, or close the old one and open a new one, the old account was left open, and from that point, we began paying for two accounts. Having spotted this on a bill, I'd contacted them, having had what I now refer to as the usual stream of cutoffs and busy lines, and asked them to cancel the old service. Of course you'd think that would solve the problem, but did it?

We've moved address several times since, and having spoken to Tiscali again recently, I can gather they have alternately updated the accounts with new addresses. Subsequent requests to cancel the account have met no success. In september 2007, we moved again, this time cancelling Tiscali altogether. It's now February 2008, and guess what! That's right, I've just looked through a statement and spotted two payments still coming out for Tiscali.

Having had another stream of calls last week, I was personally assured this was a big mess and the lady speaking to me would personally chase this to make sure it was cancelled, assured I should have a refund through within a week, and that she would call me back two days ago to let me know what was happening. No calls. I called back this morning, asked for the cancellations department, who told me there were notes about cancellations, but no cancellation request had been submitted. I asked to speak to a manager. He ensured me he was very sorry and would personally put a cancellation in there and then, which would "take effect" in the next day. I then asked when I would get my refund. He transferred me to accounts who stated three days. Not happy about the whole thing, I contacted customer services back and asked why the call last week hadn't been followed through. Not surprisingly this was brushed off... again. The man on customer services then told me it can take a month to do a refund.

This has been of much entertainment to my work colleagues. Someone else pointed out she has used Tiscali, and also had issues cancelling a service.

I want some well overdue action taken against Tiscali. Quality of service counts for nothing. The customer counts as a piggybank to dip into when they feel in the mood and they seem to think they can do what they like and ignore their calls.

On a sidenote, no, the service doesn't reach the speeds advertised, but that's a problem inherant to all providers as far as I can gather and depends primarily on geogrpahic location (infrastructure) and the usage from other users in your area.
Old 13-February-2008, 14:20

Hi Simon,

As you probably realise your story is all too familiar where tiscali are concerned!

It is worth a quick reminder than any bills paid via direct debit are covered under the direct debit guarentee which means you can claim the money back from your bank w/o issue

Sil

PS, welcome to TS! and let us know how it goes!
Old 22-February-2008, 15:13
Tom - Surrey

Well, a nice little google for "tiscali CEO" bought up this page!
I signed up for Tiscali talk and broadband on the 5th Feb. I recieved the initial thank you for joining blah blah blah letters telling me I would recieve one in the next few days with my go live date. Still today I had had nothing, so I ring them up. After trying 4 differents numbers and each time getting given another, incorrect, number to call I finally find out that my serivce should of gone live yesterday, thanks for telling me! BUT that it looked like there had been a problem as their was a failed tag next to the job. So no letter tell me my go live date or any broadband modem etc. Now they are saying that they cannot tell me what the problem is or when my services will go live!
Absolutely crazy! So now I have no idea why my service didn't go live yesterday or when it is likely to go live! How can a company work like this!
This is now going to start causing me problems as I need to have broadband as I am on call for work!
Maybe I should just cancel the order and go with someone else!
Old 25-February-2008, 14:40
Casmi

Thank you so much to all who have posted in this thread - it's been immensely helpful!

After a year with their broadband we switched to the broadband/telephone combination and immediately lost our broadband connection. After 10 days of having the problem blamed on everything else, they finally admitted that it might be their line (after we'd taken the laptop, modem and cable to someone else's house and logged on without a problem).

Four more days of promised phone calls that never came and after a 'let me speak to a Supervisor, I need a name, I need a mailing addresss (none of which happened, of course!) we got a call back from someone who claimed to be the 'Head of Technical Support' who told us that we might have our service back in about a week (we've already been without for 14 days by this point) but he can't guarantee that, it might take longer. Couldn't even give us any idea about how far down on the 'To Do' list our problem came. Again, refused to give a mailing address.

He DID assure us, however, that it wasn't just us - that there were 3,000 other people who also could not connect. Of course, the fact that the problem he's talking about happened 7 days after our problem started raises flag in my mind.

So - from Tiscali's own 'Head of Technical Support' there are at least 3,000 people without service - and what does the Service Status Announcement read today?

Service Status Announcement:
All aspects of Tiscali Internet Services are fully operational.

We've now switched (though we'll be without until 11th March) and cancelled our account (which will be followed up with Recorded Delivery letters to the address I found here) and letters to Ofcom and emails to the folk in charge here.

I don't like Tiscali.

They make me want to say bad words!
Old 26-February-2008, 15:47
brownedoff

They are a cheating bunch of cowboys. The system is set up to cheat you out of money and force you to make as many calls as they possibly can. By giving you bad service, they can force you to have to phone their helpline and they're laughing all the way to the bank. After loads of other mistakes they have made after I signed up from dial up to broadband, I was asked to open up a new direct debit account for the broadband. I didn't realise that they should have just adjusted the first account and on 4th February they took a combined amount of £183 from the two accounts. I phoned and emailed everywhere but got ignored and then four days later they tried to take another £32.00 from the original account which should have been closed. I have just cancelled both accounts and asked them to take me to court. I've had enough.
Old 27-February-2008, 19:05
bolgers3@yahoo.co.uk

Dear sir
for some time now we have been having problems with our computer
I have just had a computer technician to go through the whole computer he has told me to contact you and to tell you that when i am trying to get on to the web its timing out please can you deal with this matter and get back to me as soon as possible.
many thanks
Old 28-February-2008, 12:11
biker

Dear sir
for some time now we have been having problems with our computer
I have just had a computer technician to go through the whole computer he has told me to contact you and to tell you that when i am trying to get on to the web its timing out please can you deal with this matter and get back to me as soon as possible.
many thanks
Originally Posted by bolgers3@yahoo.co.uk View Post
Que?????
Old 28-February-2008, 13:01
Screamager

Hiya.

We get a few posts like that, I assume the O/P thinks this site is an official complaints site for Tiscali, but we are not associated with them in any way.

The original post was started by a disgruntled customer, who wanted to share his bad experience and links to various sites, that you, as a consumer could complain to and/or rant about your Tiscali problems.

I suggest that bolgers3, contacts Tiscali's help desk by phone to make his complaint, or posts back here with info on what he/she has tried to solve the problem.

Maybe a member/guest will reply with a solution, once the full details are known.
Old 28-February-2008, 14:38
grahammack23

yeah i think i will be sending in my horror stories to them.
found out how you can get a speedy response from their second line support in milton keynes though

phone up and choose option to cancel account and they will arrange for someone from there to call you and try to resolve issues.

but tbh seen nice offers from plus.net and my friends who are with that isp have nothing but praise so come april im packing my tiscali suitcase and launching through the tiscali HQ window before i nip of to plusnet oh and a bonus plusnets support is all uk based
Old 28-February-2008, 15:19
Screamager

Good luck Graham.

The sooner you leave, the quicker your sanity will return, to live a normal life.
Old 01-March-2008, 21:01
lynette55

Hi there

I am getting desperate. I went from BT to Tiscali and then found they did not give what they had promised. I cancelled but they refused to accept this. They did give me a MaC code to go back to BT but have retained the telephone line and cut it off now that I cancelled my standing order. They take weeks to answer letters and keep insisting I have to pay for a year. Trading Standards do not want to know and I just don't know where to go from here. They are despicable.
Old 01-March-2008, 21:18
lynette55

Did you know they were voted Number 1 for customer service. What must the others be like!!!
I cannot emphasise enough the dismal, appalling service given by this lamentable organisation, who recently, and proudly announced a record number of new subscribers to their broadband service.

What their new customers don't know yet but soon will is the utter contempt with which they are treated once they have signed up and committed themselves to a yearly contract.

In 40 years of dealing with companies, some dodgy, some reasonable, Tiscali is my number one for total disregard for its customers.

In fact their service is fraudulent. They quite happily continue to advertise rapid connection rates but the reality is dreadfully slow, in fact at peak times and other times too, their broadband connection is SLOWER than dial up, and is often three times slower.

Just so you can check I am not fibbing, simply go to the Tiscali "support" forums and see hundreds of complaints and not one verifiable satisfied customer.

By the way if you are not already a "member" of Tiscali you cannot see these complaints. But you can always take a temporary dial up account just to access these forums.

I appeal to fellow frustrated customers to do all they can to dissuade others from subscribing to this disgrace of an ISP.

Be warned, once you sign they will not let you escape no matter how bad the service. Any e-mails are ignored. Telephone calls are fobbed off.

If anyone knows Mary Turner's (managing director) e-mail address please post it publicly so we can all complain to her directly.

Thanks,

Leonardo
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Old 03-March-2008, 22:00
bobclive

Don`t let complaints cost you money, go to http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Have a good day.

Rob.
Old 07-March-2008, 20:00
greywolf

Am I alone in wondering whether there is some connection between a company that couldn't care less about it's customers, has a nil response policy, and has it's origins in Italy,if in fact there is something that no of us has realised. If you complain long and loud enough do the guys with long black overcoats and violin cases come knocking ?
Old 10-March-2008, 11:10
biker

Am I alone in wondering whether there is some connection between a company that couldn't care less about it's customers, has a nil response policy, and has it's origins in Italy,if in fact there is something that no of us has realised. If you complain long and loud enough do the guys with long black overcoats and violin cases come knocking ?
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
LOL
They are on their way round as we speak, tonight you sleep with the fishes
Old 10-March-2008, 20:18
lynette55

I await the men in long black coats. Do you think they would discuss my complaint first??
Old 22-March-2008, 12:39
greywolf

I wouldn't hold your breath.Last SUNDAY, yes Sunday, I received a telephone call from Tiscali Engineers asking how they could help? After getting over the shock of finally speaking to somebody,and after trailing out the constant inability to connect,and pathetic download speeds,I was told that for the last three years I had only ever been connected to 1/2 meg, having been paying for 2.3 megs (£19.99 ) and as soon as possible,early April, I would be upgraded to 8 Meg and my charges reduced to £14.99."Then you will have no trouble Sir ) and yes they owe me a rebate which will be sorted out. Today,Saturday March 22nd they have debited my Credit Card with £29.99 !!! and 0871 223311 kept me on hold for twenty minutes until I gave up. KEEP WATCHING THIS SPACE.
Old 04-April-2008, 08:22
hitchley

I have just registered with THe Scream I am screaming and need somewhere to scream to
I have been calling the technical support centre every 2 or 3 days since 28th Feb and am always either given a new call number or told that my problem will be resolved within 2-48 hours.
I have tried being polite, I have tried being angry, I have tried legal threats, I have begged for help, I have run out of ideas.
TISCALI is the worst service provider that I have come across so far and I am at a loss as to how to solve my lack of broadband access.
If anyone has any good ideas I would appreciate it.
Is there a reliable service provider out there? I would happily pay double to get a reliable service.
Old 04-April-2008, 10:53
Screamager

I have just registered with THe Scream I am screaming and need somewhere to scream to
I have been calling the technical support centre every 2 or 3 days since 28th Feb and am always either given a new call number or told that my problem will be resolved within 2-48 hours.
I have tried being polite, I have tried being angry, I have tried legal threats, I have begged for help, I have run out of ideas.
TISCALI is the worst service provider that I have come across so far and I am at a loss as to how to solve my lack of broadband access.
If anyone has any good ideas I would appreciate it.
Is there a reliable service provider out there? I would happily pay double to get a reliable service.
Originally Posted by hitchley View Post
advice get rid if you can, isps theres be/o2 and uk online all appear good isp's as ive seen very little in the way of complaints about those, basically they do as they say on the tin
Old 04-April-2008, 12:07
goinsane

On 2 October 2007 I received a letter of conformation of cancelation of my Tiscali account as requested. The final payment for Tiscali services was collected on 6 October 2007 and direct debit was cancelled. However on 23 November 2007 I received a reminder of £23.41. I contacted Tiscali Collections Team on 30 November 2007 by phone, request information on this bill as my email account was cancelled and therefore I could not get details of my bills and no paper bill was send. I informed Collections Team that the account was cancelled per October and that final payment was collected and therefore there could be no balance outstanding. Collections Team informed me that the internet connection was still active and that a mistake was made and I should ignore this bill while further investigation would be carried out. On 10 December 2007 an notice of suspension was send out requesting £51.30 as advised by Collections Team this bill was ignored (this letter was not received until 21 December 2007). However on 21 January my telephone connection was disconnected. I contacted the collection team again to ask explanation of suspension of telephone line. I was informed there was now an outstanding bill for over £100. I informed the Collections Team of earlier correspondence and that I no longer have a contract with Tiscali. I requested a breakdown of the cost as I could not understand how this amount could have a cured. I was informed this was for telephone calls and telephone package charges. Again i explained this account was cancelled from October 2007 and my phone calls should have come through BT as requested in September during cancelation. I requested to get my phone reconnected through BT, but was informed this was not possible as further investigation was needed. I contacted BT who gave me a code I had to put before making call so I would be able to make and receive phone calls. I am disappointed by the poor customer service I have received during and after my contract with Tiscali. This problem would have been resolved much earlier if communication and advice given was more accurate. Tiscali has put no effort into resolving this matter so far leaving me with extra costs for making phone calls as I cannot benefit from package I had set up with BT in October 2007. I am disappointed because you’re Collection Team, Customer Service Team has not performed as it should, and communication and advice was poor, which resulted in disconnection of phone line, extra costs, numerous lengthy phone calls to 08 service numbers of Tiscali and negative effect on my credit reating.
To resolve the problem I would appreciate that you reconnect my phone calls through BT and cancel the bills outstanding as I did not agree for my phone calls to be billed by Tiscali and remove negative credit rating from my partner`s name. Enclosed is a copy of letter of cancelation and copies of reminders. I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this problem. I will wait for 7 working days before seeking advice from CISAS. Please contact me at the above address or by phone.

same roblem here with tiscali, stay well away of these scammers, during contract spend over 7 hours on there helpline because no broadband connection after moving house. Was not resolved untill contactng BT who resolved issue within 2 days. They don`t know the line situations in India and are a nightmare to deal with.

post update on issue when recieved. Have patience LOL
Originally Posted by robert terheggen View Post
Just received an update on my case :

Tiscali did not agree with my claim and insisted on full payment.

Send my case to CISAS who demanded supporting case documents from Tiscal.

Well surprise, surprise, Tiscali phoned within a week to inform me that they made a massive mistake and will cancel all the outstanding balance. Case is now resolved thanks to the involvement of CISAS.

TIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep all you`re supporting documents and letters in regards to Tiscali.

Don`t phone their expensive service numbers if you can, just send correspondence by post as recorded letter. However if you do phone them record the time and date of making phone call and the name of the person you spoke to. Send you first letter to Customer Service, if no result to Manager Costumer Service. This can take a while, but patience should payoff.

Tiscali Customer Services
PO BOX 7206
Milton Keynes
MK14 6XG.

Give Tiscali 14 day’s to reply before you take your case further to CISAS

Don`t expect tiscali to admit they are wrong, but don`t give up because it is too much hassle! You are nearly there.

Take your case to CISAS if you have no results.

https://www.cisas-application.co.uk/Applic/index.asp

If still no results take your case to Ofcom.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/

I think this is the way to resolve problems with Tiscali. This is the worst company I have ever come across. It is clear that they just don`t care about their costumers and hope that people just give in to their demands as costumers cannot be bothered with a time consuming complaints procedure.
However it took only two letters to Tiscali (same letters) and a letter to CISAS (same letter again with some additional cut and paste work).

Don`t give in to Tiscali this is the worst thing you could do. And if you haven`t joined them yet take my advice and steer well away of Tiscali!
Old 08-April-2008, 15:14
dog_flowergirl

Hi there - I cannot believe how thoughtless and uncaring Pipex (and by association Tiscali) have been through a traumatic time! Indeed, my mum died at Christmas and since that time my father has been plagued by phonecalls and letters for money...! Despite having sent two death certificates off...! I've sent at least six letters (two recorded to Pipex and Tiscali) and an email to the CEO - Mary Turner. Today - I sent a second email to the CEO thankfully I received an "Out of the office" reply, and an invitation to email Andrew Maclean in her absence! Which I of course did! Finally today - someone called me (Jonathan Mann) and promised there would be an end to the misery. Watch this space!!
Old 13-May-2008, 14:35
Stavros1981

Angry Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

this is my situation....i got slammed and noone wil take responsibility...anyone else been Slammed?

C.C Ofcom

To Whom It May Concern:

Having been a customer of Tiscali since May 2006 I decided in March of 2008 to change providers and switch to AOL. I contacted AOL and provided my wishes on March 4th 2008 and later in the month contacted Tiscali for my MAC code and to inform them I was leaving. All was going well until on April 11th I received a letter saying Tiscali was to take over the calls aspect of my service; something I had not authorised. I called Tiscali and was told it was a mistake and to ignore the letter. On April 19th I received a letter from AOL stating that I was indeed to move provider on the 22nd of April just as the Tiscali letter had stated. I then called AOL and they confirmed it and said BT had authorised it. BT then stated that a 3rd party had taken over my calls and talk package and would take effect from April 22nd. I called Tiscali and spoke to Steven (?) in the Glasgow office who admitted it was Tiscali at fault and that he would arrange for BT to stop the order thus meaning I would stay with AOL. On April 24th I called to make sure Tiscali remained true to their word and spoke to Gus (?) in the London office who said that I was still live with Tiscali. I had not asked Tiscali to take over my package but yet I seemed to be lumbered with them whether I like it or not. I spoke to AOL and they are taking over my talk package again in 10 working days which means I am without a provider. I will pursue further legal action against Tiscali should this situation not be remedied within the next 10 working days. Furthermore I am writing to claim call charges back from Tiscali and well as the cost for 150 minutes of my time spent on the telephone alone, trying to remedy this.
My breakdown is as follows.

April 11th 30 minutes on a 0844 number from my mobile phone :- £3 calls £10 time
April 18th 90 minutes between AOL, Tiscali and BT all due to Tiscali fault :- £9 calls £30 Time
April 24th 30 minutes between AOL and Tiscali calls:- £3 calls £10 time
I will also be without a phone service for up to ten working days and so my partner and I will be reliant on our mobile phones and estimate the cost to be £30.
The total we will be seeking reimbursement for £95 and this is without the emotional distress caused by your flagrant disregard for the law and a person’s choice. I expect to receive a response no later than May 26thth 2008 or I will seek further legal action against this illegal manoeuvre of Tiscali. As you will see, I have copied this letter to Ofcom as I feel they will have some concern over your practices.

Yours faithfully,
Old 14-May-2008, 10:15
biker

In my experience, you would be better off calling BT and telling them to take back your calls etc. Once back with BT then tell AOL to take over the calls. I know this seems the long way around, but BT have the power where as the others don't (Tiscali and AOL). Then sort the the rest of the complaint with Tisc.
Good luck
Old 16-May-2008, 04:01
saveyourcash

Angry Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

when you cancel with tiscali remember to cancel your direct debit. i believed them when they said it was all cancelled. it wasn't so now i have to try to get my money back. any hints on the best way to go from here?
Old 17-May-2008, 03:42
Screamager

i cancelled mine before i told em as my 12ths was up it didnt stop em trying as i have had letters oh and a cheque from them

Tags
adsl, bad, blocking, broadband, christmas, connection, credit, email, forward, free, happy, internet, isp, line, lost, mail, make, modem, music, ofcom, offer, online, phone, public, speed, speeds, tiscali, tiscali broadband, web