Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 17-May-2008, 22:41
Andybrum

Angry Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Have now had no broadband srvice for 4 days as a punishment for asking for my MAC!! I did not ask for the service to be cancelled. Customer service is very poor and you count yourself lucky if you manage to get through to someone who can speak English.

I have also complained to Ofcom who are about as much use as a wet Sunday! There needs to be more stringent control of ISP's as most offer a very poor service but from personal experience, Tiscali are particularly useless.
Old 17-May-2008, 23:29

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

suggest you raise a complaint at http://www.ispa.org.uk/cgi-bin/complaints.cgi as well, remember it only takes 2 mins and the most complaints shoddy ISPs receive the less chance they will get an ISPA award! (I think!)
Old 18-May-2008, 21:09
Screamager

Did you manage to use your MAC code assuming you had that before they cut it off? As for ofcom, you have to of had your complaint registerd with them for 12 weeks before they can act on your behalve, also CISAS they may be worth contacting about this as it still may be possible for you to claim compensation for the inconvienence caused, is your account with tiscali closed now?
if you havent used the mac yet or have not recieved it you probably will not be able to use it if their tag is no longer on your line but it will not stop you getting another isp but will possibly take longer as i think there is a 14 day wait period following a cease order, best thing is see if you can get em to put it back on and get your mac use it then your new isp will order the cease and re provide to bt wholesale
Old 19-May-2008, 13:36
Mr. Annoyed

Thumbs down Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Tiscali customer services
BROADWICK STREET
LONDON
W1F 8HT

Tiscali Customer Services
PO BOX 7206
Milton Keynes
MK14 6XG.

Ofcom
Riverside House
2a Southwark Bridge Road
London
SE1 9HA John

West Yorkshire
Tel:
Mobile: 0
May 13th 2008
(Originally sent April 24th 2008)
C.C Ofcom

To Whom It May Concern:

Having been a customer of Tiscali since May 2006 I decided in March of 2008 to change providers and switch to AOL. I contacted AOL and provided my wishes on March 4th 2008 and later in the month contacted Tiscali for my MAC code and to inform them I was leaving. All was going well until on April 11th I received a letter saying Tiscali was to take over the calls aspect of my service; something I had not authorised. I called Tiscali and was told it was a mistake and to ignore the letter. On April 19th I received a letter from AOL stating that I was indeed to move provider on the 22nd of April just as the Tiscali letter had stated. I then called AOL and they confirmed it and said BT had authorised it. BT then stated that a 3rd party had taken over my calls and talk package and would take effect from April 22nd. I called Tiscali and spoke to Steven (?) in the Glasgow office who admitted it was Tiscali at fault and that he would arrange for BT to stop the order thus meaning I would stay with AOL. On April 24th I called to make sure Tiscali remained true to their word and spoke to Gus (?) in the London office who said that I was still live with Tiscali. I had not asked Tiscali to take over my package but yet I seemed to be lumbered with them whether I like it or not. I spoke to AOL and they are taking over my talk package again in 10 working days which means I am without a provider. I will pursue further legal action against Tiscali should this situation not be remedied within the next 10 working days. Furthermore I am writing to claim call charges back from Tiscali and well as the cost for 150 minutes of my time spent on the telephone alone, trying to remedy this.
My breakdown is as follows.

April 11th 30 minutes on a 0844 number from my mobile phone :- £3 calls £10 time
April 18th 90 minutes between AOL, Tiscali and BT all due to Tiscali fault :- £9 calls £30 Time
April 24th 30 minutes between AOL and Tiscali calls:- £3 calls £10 time
I will also be without a phone service for up to ten working days and so my partner and I will be reliant on our mobile phones and estimate the cost to be £30.
The total we will be seeking reimbursement for £95 and this is without the emotional distress caused by your flagrant disregard for the law and a personís choice. I expect to receive a response no later than May 26thth 2008 or I will seek further legal action against this illegal manoeuvre of Tiscali. As you will see, I have copied this letter to Ofcom as I feel they will have some concern over your practices.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. J

This is without the time or effort of 2hours on may 12th and 13th 2008, and this letter was originally sent recorded delivery to Tiscali on April 24th 2008, with a response date of no later than May 8th 2008, but no reply was made.
Complaints escalation number that has not been responded to by Tiscali UKHD00001651117.
i was given a second escalation number after this was not done and yet again, no response.
ofcom are involved as are trading standards. i willbe taking you to a civil court should you not respond to this, my final email, in a satisfactory manner. its your choice, £95 or my court fees, legal fees and more time charged for. what you did was illigal and the courts wil favour my side.
Old 20-May-2008, 05:17
nufclad147

my gripe
when i signed up to testicals 2 yrs ago for £14,99 my line was only capable of carrying 512kbs ,last year my exchange was upgraded an im told by bt an verisous sites my line can now handle 2meg min. I contacted tiscali asking them for a speed that reflects what my line can handle 2meg im paying 14.99 for 512kbs an im not happy. I was told i cant have 2meg because that product was not on my line at sign up. to get 2megs i would have to cancel my service an start as a new customere then the product 2 meg would be avalible on my line OH ..this was speding 30 mins on fone been passed about. I decided to email an complain at been told i would have to cancel an start as a new customere for service i was paying for but not receiving i asked for a upgrade to a speed that reflects the price im paying or a disconted price for service im currently getting. 6 weeks later i received an email stating they are sorry for the delay dealing with my complaint an gathering by the time that had passed consider my complaint concluded.
I was enraged an replied the fact it was not sorted an threatened to complain to the powers that be ....2 weeks later i received a reply stating that an upgrade was notpossible on my line due to an old product (i used to be with smarttalk calls with tiscali combined with net), bu tnot now...they stated this must first be removed an 2 days later the upgrade to 2 megs will take place, no mention of the issue of been refuned for over chargin me for service i was not receiving 512kbs not 2megs 2 yrs refund discount .
This was 6 weeks ago now an no upgrade has taking place as of yet an no reply to my email in 3 weeks,,, my complaint is like a forum thread lasting 8 months with tiscali all dated an the responses an dates all in this complaint thread.. im thinkin printing it ou tan sending it to the complaints dept of tiscali an also higher governin powers who may kick bum

any advice how to go about gettin this bleedy upgrade that isnt really an upgrade im been paying for service they wont give me, now that my line is capable of carrying the speed. I should of asked for discount day 1 ( new customeres are on £12,99 up to 8 megs an im paying £14,99 512kbs ..its a joke
Old 21-May-2008, 11:37
Lord Milton .

Tiscali have put themselves up for sale and are not investing any monies into the Company as of last week . Therefore , it is in their interest to keep as many accounts active as is feasibly possible .
hang on for the ride folks .
Old 22-May-2008, 15:00
Screamager

in my opinion thats what they have always done, taken the longest time to anwer you emails deal with problems, ect as all the time this is ongoing you are being charged for it,unless you involve other bodies such as cisas ofcom then if you can demonstrate that you have done all that you reasonable could to solve your problems once they become involved and it's suprising how fast you get a response compared to the normal channels of comunication they offer and they in my case have done their jobs correctly without long delays, you i guess just have to bark up the correct tree ,keep records of all comuniction dates and times ,costs ect it all gives you a stronger case against them that's my advise and do yourselves a favour dont expect much in the way of support from their indian call centers ,so if no joy after a couple attempts with them try head office and high level complaints, if still no better register with cisas if 12 weeks have past since you first called them
Old 12-June-2008, 20:11
football

have taken out tiscali broadband my start date was the 29th of april .but i did not get on till the 7th of may.this was with many calls to tiscali costing me .no one could help me they did,nt have a clue i only got connected when i wanted to cancel .my broadband was £6,49 for the first three month when then i got my first bill £9.34. when i called they just said next to nothing.they dont even reply to my emails
Old 13-June-2008, 05:55
Screamager

I had lots of hassle with them, but didn't have the go live date probs,But nothing would surprise me about them,As they in a word are crap,as they don't give the level of support to their customers they should, even if they are a budget isp,In my personal experience of isp's i think paying that bit more certainly saves a lot of agro,I used to pay tiscali £14.99 a month at first that was a 2.2mb service,then became a 8mb as they for whatever reason changed it i never got anywhere near that 8mb speed apart from during the first few weeks modem synced at 7.6mb then ended up at 6.4mb?? moved to uk online i pay an extra £5.00 a month but get free phone cust/tect support who do ring you back if needed,and a ultra reliable stable connection and faster,so if you want your bb to play online games, download torrents or big files ect then tiscali will disappoint you, as ping times go though the roof, they throttle bandwidth especially peer 2 peer apps,and as you have found out their support sucks in a big way
Old 26-June-2008, 14:30
NAZU

i hate tiscali..

i swear they need to close it dwn...the worst customer service EVER!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-July-2008, 01:22
fewkeste

I've only just found this forum - wow! and I thought it was only me that is now and has previously been suffering at the hands of Tiscali. I'm going to read this thread from start to finish to get a feel for what others have had to put up with with these jokers.
Old 13-July-2008, 16:00
whisper79

I finally got an acknowlegement to my tiscali complaint by emailing mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com, seen as tiscali complaints department just ignore you even though their code of practice states they will respond to a complaint within 7 days of receiving it.

I would encourage everyone with a complaint to email Mary, she kindly forarded my letters onto the High Level Office, and someone called me regarding my appalling experience.

Good luck
Old 13-July-2008, 18:05
Screamager

ah, yes i recall that ,but it dont automatically solve what you were complaining about,maybe in another few months you maybe somewhere near sorting it out or leaving them,as in my experience the high level complaints did zilch for me a lot of talk that was all,and some are outsourced to a company called becogent in scotland,and apart from this,well thats tiscali,
Old 13-July-2008, 21:06
whisper79

I have already left and moved to talk talk, I was only with Tiscali for 1 day, as it took them 3 weeks to get my broadband connected, absolutely appalling in this day and age. The high level complaints have promised to reimburse me with all the calls I have made to Tiscali as they never returned the calls they kept promising on numerous occasions, resulting in me reciceving a huge phone bill to try and get my issue resolved. I will let you know if and when I received the cheque!!! Personally I would not recommend Tiscali to my worst enemy, I have never experienced such incompetance.
Old 14-July-2008, 04:48
Screamager

should you find that no further progress happens, try contacting CISAS tiscali's arbitrator,they can assit you in the matter of getting compensation,i used them worked for me,as i found tiscali no forthcoming to pay up,glad to hear you left em,did you make sure they canceled your account? as if not you will be getting bills for it,or money from your account will be taken if you haven't canceled the dd or cc order.
Old 14-July-2008, 19:59
whisper79

That was my next step to contact CISAS after 12 weeks, I had alreaddy called ofcom to seek advice. I have received a cheque for £50 goodwill today and should have another to follow to reimburse for the calls I made to technical support.

Oh yes, they were quick enough to send me a bill, and a reminder, which I ignored, I have been assured that the outstanding balance has been written off and my account has been closed. If I do happen to receive any more bills in future, they will be getting ignored!!!!

How long did it take CISAS to sort it if you don't mind me asking?

It is disgusting that it should get to that extreme really.
Old 15-July-2008, 01:30
Screamager

as i had already made a complaint to ofcom some month prior to contacting cisas, not long they wrote to them with my claims and tiscali got back to me,i also wrote 2 official letters to both addresses, as tiscali said that they could do no more,and i was not happy with that, resulting in a deadlock situation,cisas wrote to them they had 2 weeks to respond counterclaim or accept my account,which they did on the last day,agreeing to my claim for comp,ect,but that was not quite the end though as i was still a customer,as they did not do as they said i contacted cisas again, they told me tiscali have a further month to resolve it,and even getting the mac code from them was not straight foward either, had to contact ofcom who e-mailed them and later that day they had phoned but i was out, then i got another call from their md steve horley, asking if i had received it, (it had been some 2 weeks nearly since i asked for it)they seemed to be in a bit of a panic, needless to say i got it the next day first thing,took them a further 3 weeks to close the account,got my cheque and several bills reminders before that,but the woman who was dealing with things seemed to get things sorted at last,tiscali is like an octopus has many legs but none are co-ordinated at all,im glad to be rid of em,and although they may be cheap now i really would not recommend anyone to sign up with them,as the way i see it in my veiw is that to find a good isp they should have the following:

1,tech,customer care, billing call centres should be based within the uk

2 the terms and conditions should be in clear English and fair plus state exactly what you will get in return for you cash each month,

3 should provide a freephone number or at least a national rate number 0845

4 the people in these call centers should be trained in the relevant sectors

the above are just a few things that every isp should have to provide along with a reasonable standard of service 24/7 not 12 hours a day like some do (throttling bandwidth)
Old 15-July-2008, 18:01
whisper79

I agree on all 4 points.
Old 15-July-2008, 19:52
Screamager

well the isp i switched to does all 4 of em, and since my go live date no problems with slow speeds or connection dropping etc, very stable, im on llu, from my local exchange,as for what their ip data stream is like i don't know thats if they use that at all,but as i was paying tiscali £14.99 a month for a poor service, and now am currently paying a fiver more and get no more problems,i wish i had dug a little deeper myself before i picked an isp the first time round, im now with UK online BTW one of the few who don't throttle you etc unless you try and d/load the net 24/7 which is fair enough by me
Old 21-July-2008, 14:32
Lekshmi

Unhappy Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

I wish I had seen this website much before. Would not ahve committed such a big mistake of joining Tiscali !!!!

This complaint has reference to new request for Broadband and Telephone
connection
Date of request: 22nd June 2008
Customer account number given

Status update:
23rd and 24th June
- No email or written communication received from Tiscali.
- Unable to log on to tiscali.co.uk
25th June 2008
- Telephone line started working
- Telephone number shown on receiver telephone
27th June 2008
- Contacted 0871 2226397 on telephone line update. Customer service said,
"Telephone line is activated and request proceeded to Broadband. Within 5
working days will receiver Broadband service. For any more information
contact 0871 222 3311".

Since 30th June 2008 till date (15 July 2008)
- About 10 telephone conversations with 0871 2223311 and 08712226397
In nutshell: Both party asked to contact the other number.
Various updates during these conversations
-- Technical fault with BB service. Will be ready within 2 days.
-- No order placed, hence re-directed to sales.
-- Can't find broadband request for this telephone line (01609781262)
-- Contact technical support
-- Contact cancellation department and reapply
-- Contact billing department for telephone related inquries!!!
-- Check your telephone number!!

On 15th July 2008 (3 weeks - 16 working days since request)
- No broadband service (Telephone working)
- No email or written communication from Tiscali.
- Unable to order new service from tiscali as an order already exists.

On 16th July 2008
- No broadband service or any feedback/íSUPPORTí from Tiscali
- contacted Tiscali support and received a response saying this will be looked into in the next 24 hours
-
got a highly unprofessional e-mail from Tiscali indicating that they donít have the necessary tools to support the customers (We never realised when we requested for a connection that Tiscali had limitations in supporting the customers!)
- Also mentioning that concern with 0800 numbers are resolved which absolutely is not a concern at the moment as it NEVER helped us to get a solution.
- Again Tiscali Customer Support Team has sent us e-mail saying this will be resolved by Tiscali Broadband Team in the next 24 hours.

Please see the below for an example on the kind of support we obtained from Tiscali (from an email to SUPPORT):
On 16th July
Called 0800 1079 000.. directed me to 0845 362 0344 (Tech. Support order chasing) - 0845 362 0344 asked to contact to 0800 111 210 then back to 0800 107 9000 then to 0845 077 4488 (which eventually hung up without any reason after making me hold for about 25 min). In between numerous reference asking to contact the BIG TWO 0871 numbers (...3311 and ...6397). The clock hands moved from 1:05 pm to 2:40 pm during this really enjoyable activity (which even included asking me to speak English in English!!). If required, I can give you a more wider list of numbers I have tried (as advised by your colleagues worldwide).. So, hereby kindly request you to look into the problem with bit more professionalism and do what need to solve my issue. Otherwise, please cancel this order (I am unable to do this myself- tried that to). Without that I am not even allowed to re-order (since a broadband order already exists!!). Looking forward for SUPPORT

On 17th July 2008 (today)
- Spoke to a customer adviser (again a 26 minutes conversation) who said the BB connection will be ready by 24th. The telephone line is only activated yesterday (16th) and hence the order for broadband will take at least 5 working days.
- Same time Tiscali Technical Support sent us an e-mail saying this will be resolved by the Registrations Department or by Tiscali broadband Services Department.
- Tiscali Support Team has also mentioned in the e-mail that they are unable to pull our records after all these!!!

Note: During these 3 weeks I felt travelling to various parts of India,
China, Africa etc while speaking to various customer advisors. But the end
result was the same.. Sorry we can't help, contact 0871222.... (the most
expensive of the call rates and minimum connection wait time of 20-25 min).

Unfortunately until now we have not got any productive or professional approach to get the problem resolved.

We appreciate the idea of different departments and support teams Tiscali hold to benefit the customers. Unfortunately this adds to the plight of the customers as the right hand doesnít realise what the left hand does in the organisation. I am sorry to bother you if this is one of the limitations of the service provider (being a service which is into the world of connectivity).

FINALLY, today (again 52 minutes conversation) they found that there was a previous BB connection in the same line. Now, thats deactivated and a new order is places..another 5 working days for the BB request to be placed and another 10-12 working days after that for the signals to go live.

See the plight of a customer. Have even writen hand written complaint to lLondon Office, numerous calls, e-mails to Mary Turner, Andrew Maclean of Tiscali. Absolutely NO response!!!
Old 21-July-2008, 18:36
kykynetz22

Hi everybody!!
I'm new to this forum!!!But..I have a problem too with Tiscali:
On 23rd of June I ordered by phone a package from Tiscali which includes Phone line+Broadband +TV.
That guy from the phone told me that it will take 4 days to install the phone line,10 days for broadband and finally 7-10 days for Tv.I went away on my holiday and I left someone home to install everything.When I came back,my phone was working,broadband as well but no letter or any news about Tv...so I called them and after hours and hours staying on the phone..nobody knew to answer my question:What's happening with the TV package.So..I had to call custumers service,engineering department,sales dep.,billing,etc etc-normally on the high rate phone calls ..and finally someone told me that in fact I can't have the Tv package because is not available in my area...WHAT??????????
I was petrified,how can this be possible?It supposed to be the first thing that they need to check when they take an order,don't you think?
So that guy that took my order ,after he checked if I can have this package and noticed that I can't he still put the order but only for phone and broadband but...AT THE SAME PRICE AS AL 3!!!!!!!
Now,I really don't know what to do because they don't want to cancel my contract.Only if I pay for all year contract they will cancel it!!!!

Please give me an advice!!!
Old 22-July-2008, 18:52
smallship

Hi everybody!!
On 23rd of June I ordered by phone a package from Tiscali which includes Phone line+Broadband +TV.
That guy from the phone told me that it will take 4 days to install the phone line,10 days for broadband and finally 7-10 days for Tv.I went away on my holiday and I left someone home to install everything.When I came back,my phone was working,broadband as well but no letter or any news about Tv...so I called them and after hours and hours staying on the phone..nobody knew to answer my question:What's happening with the TV package.So..I had to call custumers service,engineering department,sales dep.,billing,etc etc-normally on the high rate phone calls ..and finally someone told me that in fact I can't have the Tv package because is not available in my area...WHAT??????????
I was petrified,how can this be possible?It supposed to be the first thing that they need to check when they take an order,don't you think?
So that guy that took my order ,after he checked if I can have this package and noticed that I can't he still put the order but only for phone and broadband but...AT THE SAME PRICE AS AL 3!!!!!!!
Now,I really don't know what to do because they don't want to cancel my contract.Only if I pay for all year contract they will cancel it!!!!

Originally Posted by kykynetz22 View Post

Reply to the address below and say that as you have not got the package that you requested you are going to contact CISAS.

HIGH LEVEL COMPLAINTS DEPT
TISCALI UK LTD
TORRENCE HOUSE
ERSKINE HARBOUR, PA8 6A6

tel: 01236 634590
Old 22-July-2008, 19:06
smallship

Question Re: Tiscali Broadband - Where to complain

Hi everybody!!

Originally Posted by kykynetz22 View Post

Cancel your account immediately. They will not take you to court because they are at fault, but it would be better for you if they did because it would then get sorted a lot quicker. Write to

HIGH LEVEL COMPLAINTS DEPT
TISCALI UK LTD
TORRENCE HOUSE
ERSKINE HARBOUR, PA8 6AT
tel: 01236 634 590

say that as you did not receive the package you requested, you are in your right to cancel the agreement. Tiscali have actually written to me to say that if you cancel your account outright (i.e. without a MAC code) there is a 10-15 day period in which BT needs to remove the broadband marker from your telephone line. After this period the line is clear for you to sign up to a new provider. GOOD LUCK. It's along, hard road. It has taken me seven months.
Old 27-July-2008, 12:43
KyzerJock

Default Tiscali Broadband - Mac Code

How do I get a MAC from Tiscali?

The service is poor, the service throttles back and Tech support insist that my Outlook Expressis at fault because I get 554 messages.

A. I am not using Outlook Express!

B. 554 messages say that their server is rejecting my IP address - works fine from home but not from elsewhere!

I moved from BT a couple of years ago and got the Tiscali phone service 18 months ago - my phone charges are higher with Tiscali becaus of their lying advertising and the Broadband service is far far worse! they are currently refusing to tell me how to obtain a MAC.

Tony
Old 27-July-2008, 13:19
Former TS! Team

Default Re: Tiscali Broadband - Mac Code

B. 554 messages say that their server is rejecting my IP address - works fine from home but not from elsewhere!
Originally Posted by KyzerJock View Post
Hi, Does this error occur when sending or receiving emails from their service?

If it's when sending, then the error is expected. Most (if not all) ISP's do not allow you to send through their servers unless you are on their network.

Have you checked to see if they have webmail hidden away somewhere as an alternative?
Old 27-July-2008, 15:28
Screamager

i thought that tiscali mail was web mail, as for trying to send & receive your mail from their sever when on a different isp's network, then you may have to use the tiscali login on their homepage your mail should accessible that way,as for mac codes, they cannot refuse to give this ,and once you have gone about getting it the correct way by speaking to the right department, followed by recorded letters confirming cancellation of your account to head office ect then they must provide you with a mac code within 5days from the day of your official request, if they don't, or still refuse to give you the mac contact ofcom , as tiscali would be in breach of the regulations set out by ofcom for mac codes and could in theory at least,by finned by ofcom up to 10% of their annual turnover,
Old 27-July-2008, 15:59
Austin_KW

As memfis says it is not unusual for an ISP to limit smtp to their network. It is an anti spam feature.

That said, using an ISP for your email is a rookie mistake. Switch to one of the free services like Gmail. Gmail can pop you tiscali mail, you can use it to send on behalf of your tiscali account from anywhere.
But you should migrate away from using the ISP for your email address. Once you leave they can cancel access to the address at any time.

Most ISPs will helpfully provide a list of ISP phone numbers to obtain the mac code. Here is one provided by ao'hell http://www.aolbroadband.co.uk/pages/...o.jsp?urlseq=8
Old 28-July-2008, 04:57
Screamager

tiscrapi do have a cancellation number,but from threads on this and other forums using this method can be expensive and prove useless as they have in the past been known to unlawfully refuse to give mac codes or make excuses as to why they cant do so, or even try their best to stop you leaving by more false promises and super new deals personally i would try their head office number and see if you can get through to it that way first,
Old 02-August-2008, 08:51
Sue Gilpin

I changed my package to broadband, ten countries, free phone calls and changed my BT line to Tiscali. Unfortunatly, I didn't mention 1571. I have aphasia, a speech and language condition, and I don't want to phone an expensive line 0871. Could you amend the pacakage, please.
Old 05-August-2008, 17:43
AVIE

OH BOY!!! I do wish I had known of this site before January, when I switched to Tiscali. BIG MISTAKE, which has cost me over £200 in two BT bills I should never have had, and postage costs, calls to the 'helpline' (that's a laugh, not very helpful at all) and having had FIVE letters ignored, I stopped payment (I still have 6 months contract with them) I hoped that this would inspire Tiscali into responding, and they sure did - NOT to offer a solution to this problem, but to threaten me with disconnection and they would seek payment for the rest of the contract. WELL, they can sure as hell TRY to do that, I am logging into this site, and will use these posts about bad service from tiscali in any court they take me too, I will take my chances in court, and am planning the next step, if Trading Standards do not come up with an acceptable compensation offer from them, I will be writing to Watchdog.

In the meantime, I am now happily connected with TalkTalk, so Tiscali can stick their contract where the sun don't shine!!! I no longer feel alone with this problem, whichg has had me tearing my hair out since June 2nd, and still no solution, one reply did, however offer me a refund of £49 plus an additional £10 as an offer of 'Goodwill' I told them to stick their goodwill offer where they also stick their contract.

Since handing the case over to Trading Standards, I have heard nothing more from them. I am definitely going to contact Watchdog, and have contemplated approaching a couple of national newspapers, it is high time something was done about Tiscali, they are a menace.

Tags
adsl, bad, blocking, broadband, christmas, connection, credit, email, forward, free, happy, internet, isp, line, lost, mail, make, modem, music, ofcom, offer, online, phone, public, speed, speeds, tiscali, tiscali broadband, web