Old 24-January-2005, 15:57
Danrooney

Unhappy Cannot log onto the Internet

Hi, I've got BT broadband. My dad broke the Internet connection last week, its possible he downloaded a program which caused this. When I type my password in and "connect" to the Internet, the two tvs in the bottom right appear, so it seems to be working, however the page cannot be loaded(?). The message says "Page cannot load". I've tried hitting reload/refresh, Ive tried changing the address bar to numerous different sites, but the same thing happens. Can anybody please help?!?
Old 24-January-2005, 18:58
thumpert

Question Re: Cannot log onto the Internet

Dan,

Has your dad installed or updated your firewall? Can you turn the firewall off and see if you can connect. A little more detail about your system might help as well, type of modem, OS, security software and such like.

Derek T
Old 25-January-2005, 11:00
Danrooney

Default Re: Cannot log onto the Internet

I use Windows 98 second edition, Mcafee virus scan (it detected potentially unwanted files, but no viruses, and could not delete these). Ive got an ADSL modem. My dad wouldnt have changed the firewall, but how can I do that?

Tags
adsl, broadband, bt, connection, files, internet, modem, security, software, virus, windows