Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > TalkTalk

Old 25-June-2005, 13:20
Weaselsrck

Post Talktalk Broaband Connection Problem

Hi

I have been using Talktalk for about 4 - 6 months and it worked fine till about a month ago when suddenly at certain periods of the day the connection slows down enormously, some websites it takes 25 minutes for them to load, this seems to happen to some websites but not to others.

THe problem seemed to start when my friend came round and changed the Proxy in Firefox but he changed it back when he left after that from 4pm to 12am the internet connection goes at a speed which seems worse then a dial-up connection from 0.03 am <exactly) to 4.00pm the internet connection goes at the normal speed which is 512kbps and all the pages load fine.

I have emailed Talktalk about the situation and they emailed me back saying they will get right on it...

that was about 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed.

Just so you can imagine what type of speed it goes at when it is slow ok:

Imagine you have:

Firefox

Opera

IE

Limewire

Webster

several FTP connections open

MSN Messenger

Windows Messenger

several online games running

^
that would be the speed of my internet connection between 4.00 - 12.00
Old 26-June-2005, 16:48
Mannakin

Default Re: Talktalk Broaband Connection Problem

Between 16:00 and 00:00, TalkTalk restrict their service. They call it "managing traffic" but what they mean is blocking online games, P2P downloads or anything that isn't web browsing or e-mail.

They do this so the web browsing speed stays good during "peak" hours allegedly. What they fail to realise is that a large number of broadband users use their connection for things other than e-mail and web browsing.

You can try complaining, I did, and it made very little difference. The extent to which they block traffic is outrageous in my opinion as they make some applications totally unusable.

It should be illegal! If they want to restrict the people who "hog" the lines then apply monthly limits like other ISPs.
Old 26-June-2005, 19:37
Weaselsrck

WHAT!?

Talktalk suck so bad i wish i had never changed from BT.

*smacks self on head*

its so annoying as well about a week after i changed BT lowered their prices, for the price i was paying i could have gotten a 1MB connection.

BT are the best at Internet Connection.

Also whats with the Talktalk ads its all

"BT SUCKZZZZSZZ!!!!1!????!!!HHEGOE!!!!! JOIN US talktalk our prices are 0.5p lower OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Load of bu**sh**.
Old 05-July-2005, 15:27
manu666

I have just reported TalkTalk to the Trading Standards as they said that their service was unlimited. Look in your welcome material and eg: Welcome Letter, Easy Guide and Broadband book. They still advertise on their website as unlimited. They being TalkTalk have now said that I can leave without facing a charge. The company are crap and I wished I had never bothered with them. They did not tell me for about 2 weeks that my downloads had been restricted. I thought it was a virous causing the problems. You pay for 1mbps so that is what you should expect to recieve get reporting NOW!
Old 05-July-2005, 20:32
Weaselsrck

I have had enough of this stupid comapny they do nothing (i repeat) nothing to help you at all

I emailed them askin why the connection would not work on my other Linux system and they emailed me back basically saying "Yeah you have emailed the wrong people we don't know much about Linux we have another department for that email them bye" I don't see why i should after 4 ****ing days i have had to wait for an email which said

"Sorry for the delay your process is important to us but we are recieving customer service emails constantly meaning your reply may be delayed"

and i got that crap i just said, Talktalk are crap at everything even the carphone warehouse shops sucks, i went in to buy a phone and had to listen to some ****** ****ing kick-ass ugly prick asking me questions

Here are some i remember:

"Are you with BT"
"Why!"
"Well why not join Talktalk now just wait here while i fetch a ****ing small leaflet which has no detail oh and it will take me 10 minutes to find this leaflet"
"Right ok Talktalk is a broadband service MUCH better then BT (ok) we offer unlimited services" dodgy eyes "and constant customer service"<bull****ingshit

I am going to complain yet again (keeping a small log this time in case they say i haven;t called them before (which they did) and see if i can get out of this stupid one year contract.

I can't do anything with this internet half the forums i post on don't load anymore or take 30 minutes to, Online games don't work anymore, P2P is slow and i mean slow limewire downloads are going at 0kb/s so nothing happens at all.

I want to destroy this company, shut them down for **** sake they are ruining the internet.
Old 03-August-2006, 19:54
BT u r forgiven

Angry Re: Talktalk Broaband Connection Problem

Hi All
TalkTalk. Yeah right, but only at 10p a minute to a guy who doesn't care and knows nothing about anything!!! I found it almost impossible to set up my email accounts. Their technical line is awful. No help at all. They don't answer your emails and hang up on you when you ask them stuff they don't know. I now understand what RAGE feels like!!! AAAAAAArgh!!
I wish I had paid a little extra and stayed with BT.
Old 03-August-2006, 21:20
bigchris

Eeek.. looks like we made a wrong turn clyde...

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t22284.html?
Old 31-August-2009, 18:09
peer lyons

Thumbs down Re: Talktalk Broaband Connection Problem

Have been with Talk Talk phone and broadband package for over three years. Generally happy for most of that period BUT the last four/five weeks has been a nightmare -- broadband drops out even when on line, no broadband for long periods anytime of day, , forever switching on and off my MT**" modem to try and re-establish broadband connectio --- even surprised i got his far typing this message without losin connection
Old 31-August-2009, 18:18

Have you made them aware of your problems?

If not then I suggest that you contact them and see what they say. They cannot attempt to put it right unless they know about it.
Old 03-September-2009, 10:50
grajay

You really ought to try their own forum it is excellent and by far and away the best I've ever experienced from an ISP. The number of customers with problems who have been given the runaround by TalkTalk's customer (dis)service department is unbelievable, but most if not all of them get some satisfactory result from the forum - and in quite a short space of time too. Go on, try them.
Old 03-December-2009, 02:07
Doddy

You really ought to try their own forum it is excellent and by far and away the best I've ever experienced from an ISP. The number of customers with problems who have been given the runaround by TalkTalk's customer (dis)service department is unbelievable, but most if not all of them get some satisfactory result from the forum - and in quite a short space of time too. Go on, try them.
Originally Posted by grajay View Post
Are you for real, the number of people on that forum gives you some idea of the problems Talktalk experience. Big deal so they sort out a few people apparently, or do they. Look at the posters on there and the number of posts they are credited with. They have posters pretending to be satisfied customers coming on at nine in the morning under the sham pretence that they are just there to help other TT customers, in reality they are TT staff. People/customers who complain are mocked, posts deleted and threatened with censure. Talktalk are a disgrace, the government should ban this shower from ever trading again under the Trading Standards Act.
Old 06-December-2009, 05:35
Screamager

Are you for real, the number of people on that forum gives you some idea of the problems Talktalk experience. Big deal so they sort out a few people apparently, or do they. Look at the posters on there and the number of posts they are credited with. They have posters pretending to be satisfied customers coming on at nine in the morning under the sham pretence that they are just there to help other TT customers, in reality they are TT staff. People/customers who complain are mocked, posts deleted and threatened with censure. Talktalk are a disgrace, the government should ban this shower from ever trading again under the Trading Standards Act.
Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
Basically most if not all Isp's Do manage traffic (throttle) on their IP stream products,as it's down to the wholesale prices bt charge any isp for the bandwidth,also with several isp's tt included you have high contention,and basically a over subscribed service, there are still a few ISP's Who will cap your usage each month instead of throttling it,The LLU option should be better,Providing that you are with the likes of sky,be.O2 or should virgin(cable)be available in your exchange that would be another option, but IP stream connections suck,
Old 24-December-2009, 17:41
splat462

Originally Posted by grajay View Post
lmao "number of customers with the problems fixed" huh..... well thats like 1/1000 of the peopole that actually have problems with talktalk and post it on there forums.
Old 14-June-2010, 06:42
barbgil

Thumbs down Re: Talktalk Broaband Connection Problem

have been with talk talk phone and broadband package for over three years. Generally happy for most of that period but the last four/five weeks has been a nightmare -- broadband drops out even when on line, no broadband for long periods anytime of day, , forever switching on and off my mt**" modem to try and re-establish broadband connectio --- even surprised i got his far typing this message without losin connection
Originally Posted by peer lyons View Post
been having same thing and so far when we phoned could not get person the other end to realize we didnt want to know how to reconnect it just for it not to happen

Tags
bad, blocking, broadband, bt, cable, company, connection, delay, email, happy, internet, isp, line, mail, make, modem, offer, online, opinion, phone, slow, speed, talk, talk talk, talktalk, virgin, web