Old 13-October-2001, 16:36
我們被注定

Default Copy Protected

Hello me old fruits!
There may be an obvious answer to this question but it's an answer I don't know.
Are most games now Copy protected? I've been trying to copy a couple of games (for backup purposes of course) with out any luck! I'm wondering if this is because they are protected.

Thanks

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."
Old 13-October-2001, 19:14
Phelsuma Abbotti

Yes a lot of games are copy protected, however, if you visit the following site they usually have something to help:-

www.gamecopyworld.com

PS Don't put a / after .com and if you bookmark unfortunately it puts the backslash automatically, just delete it and hit 'go' again.
Old 13-October-2001, 19:19
我們被注定

Thumbs up

I thought as much! Thanks for the link and the answer Gecko

"Thinking about what you might not be able to control, only wastes time and energy, till it eventually becomes your enemy."
Old 24-October-2001, 08:37
Spacemonkey

You might also want to try a product called "Clone CD" which as the name suggests just Clones the original CD.
Old 24-October-2001, 16:07
我們被注定

Where would I get that from Spacemonkey please?

Edit:-It's Ok I've just found the website. Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for Thanks!

Last edited by The Beef; 24-October-2001 at 16:12.
Old 29-October-2001, 13:11
Dicky

Question Vivendi.

All this copy protection is why games like Diablo 2 wont install/play on a lot of machines properly.
I've had this problem loads of times.
The game companies make the games, and then separate companies create the copy protection to put with those games.

I think it's crazy, software pirates create hacks so that they can sidestep copy protection.
And the only people stopped by copy protection are the customers who bought the original software.

Just look at Windows XP. Genuine XP owners have the struggle of dealing with licensing and product activation.
Whilst the pirates already have hacks that bypass Windows XP copy protection altogether.

What's the use in copy protection?
Old 29-October-2001, 16:28
Trance Addict

I think copy protection make thes big bad game companies look good. We are actually legally entitled to make backup copies of our software but it's really not worth trying o now that just about every game you lay your hands on has copy protetion. Sort of defeats the object of having a CD Writer.

Behemoth
Old 10-November-2001, 15:36
DigitalAlex

but clone cd with the right Cd writer/reader can copy any CD. I've successfully copied. champ man. The sims/living it up/House party and Black and white without installing any patches at all!!!
Old 13-November-2001, 19:16
Dicky

Red face Schnucky!

Yeah, but Alex man,
with the right Cd writer/reader
you hit the nail on the head right there.
What happens if you happen to own the "wrong" cd writer/reader?
Should you go out and buy a new one, even though the one you have already is pretty decent(mines a new 52x speed and it has these sorts of problems)?
Old 13-November-2001, 22:06
DigitalAlex

Yeah your right there. If you haven;t got a recorder that wont write DAO then it won't work. Have u visited the Clone cd website though? It shows a list of compatible CD writers and if that fails try Blind Write and Blind Read (Soz aint got the Web address try google search) They will also most properly work. Then again if you look after the disks they probably won't get damaged anyway
Old 14-November-2001, 02:16
我們被注定

Well I don't know whether I have compatible HW or not. My DVD and CD-RW are both faily new. Bought from Novatech and I still have trouble copying CD's. Clone CD doesn't even mention that my HW may now work.
I'm still open for a little bit of help on this one please

Old 14-November-2001, 08:51
seaviewuk

Hi,

After reading through this thread I have come to a conclusion.

Assuming you guys only want to make backup's for yourselves and not give copies to your friends . Why can't companies swap out damaged discs for a small fee say a couple of quid ?

This could also apply to music cd's too.

Just my one euro's worth
Old 15-November-2001, 01:24
Dicky

Wink Is this a new service you're offering?

Old 15-November-2001, 08:56
seaviewuk

Default No it's not!

Old 15-November-2001, 12:08
herne70

Default The service already exists!

Self delusion can be expensive apparently as we can all find sources for "legal" copied disks at a total invoiced cost less than the hardware/software needed for DIY Kits!

Strangely I did not have a source until I followed a link on this thread!

Tags
bad, google, hacks, key, make, music, product, software, speed, windows