Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-January-2010, 14:45
Screamager

Default ADSL Questions

Sorry if this is simple, but I'm on cable and don't know the answers.

My Dad is replacing his talktalk dial up modem with a wireless modem / router. At the moment, to connect he has to double click a dial up networking shortcut and the modem dials and connects. What happens when he is working wirelessly? If it gets disconnected, how does it dial up again? Presumably he just double clicks on the DUN shortcut and it will wirelessly instruct the modem to dial? I heard the wireless modem / router is always connected, so not sure how this fits with DUN.

Thanks.

Tags
adsl, adsl2, cable, company, computer, connection, forward, free, home, internet, isp, line, lost, mail, make, modem, nat, network, public, router, security, settings, software, talk, talktalk, virus, web, wireless