Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 17-June-2007, 20:44
Listerdiesel

Default Re: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

Can anyone tell me if the Bt Business Hub 2700hgv can be reconfigured to work on BT home broadband and if yes, then how?
Originally Posted by hay View Post
The 2700 works fine on home BT Broadband. Just do the install off the CD and off you go. You'll need to enter your BR email and password etc.

Just found this thread whilst looking for something else.

Peter
Old 17-June-2007, 21:36
halifaxuk

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Interesting , not come across that before. If that doesnt work then 'Wireless' is 2wire's default apparently...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...s-singtel-mio/

Halifaxuk, Could you report back if you get into MDC page ok.
Originally Posted by ydrol View Post
first of all, thanks for all the replies!
Unfortunately, neither 2Wire nor Wireless can do the job. Probabley SingTel knows this password, but not availabe for public. what a shame.
Old 18-June-2007, 01:46
ydrol

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

It's a long shot but what happens if you open the attached file in your browser (I just saved the MDC page ).

It may work if they just put the password on the URL, as the referenced pages
have different paths...
Attached Files
File Type: txt mdc.html.txt (15.4 KB, 271 views)
Old 18-June-2007, 12:05

first of all, thanks for all the replies!
Unfortunately, neither 2Wire nor Wireless can do the job. Probabley SingTel knows this password, but not availabe for public. what a shame.
Originally Posted by halifaxuk View Post
2wire is all lower case. It works on a single SSID 2700HGV with Singtel firmware.
This firmware,though, doesn't support BT VOIP.
Old 18-June-2007, 20:05
halifaxuk

just frustrated. still cannot manage to access the MDC page. anyway thanks for your guys.
Old 18-June-2007, 22:31
ydrol

Did you try the file I posted (assuming your 2wire IP is 192.168.1.254) ?
Old 19-June-2007, 09:58
halifaxuk

yes, I tried 2wire, 2Wire, wireless, Wireless, 2WIRE, WIRELESS AND .....
I also open the file 'mdc.html.txt' in my IE, it gave me lots of words, seems some html script, but I cannot understand.
Old 19-June-2007, 13:07
ydrol

yes, I tried 2wire, 2Wire, wireless, Wireless, 2WIRE, WIRELESS AND .....
I also open the file 'mdc.html.txt' in my IE, it gave me lots of words, seems some html script, but I cannot understand.
You should have mentioned that before. Rename it to mdc.html

This will give you the links on the mdc page. Though not as pretty.

Let me know if the links work and I'll make up a pretty one.
But it's not worth doing if the links dont work without a password.

Put more information in your replies (eg as per your last reply), and people can help you quicker...

Help me to help you
Old 19-June-2007, 20:20
halifaxuk

You should have mentioned that before. Rename it to mdc.html

This will give you the links on the mdc page. Though not as pretty.

Let me know if the links work and I'll make up a pretty one.
But it's not worth doing if the links dont work without a password.

Put more information in your replies (eg as per your last reply), and people can help you quicker...

Help me to help you
Thanks for your patient and sorry for my laziness.

1. I did try to rename it to mdc.html, i mean i wanted to change the file type from .txt to .html, then use IE to open the .html file to acess the mdc page. the problem is after change your file ' mdc.html.txt' to 'mdc.html', it's still a .txt file. I do not know how to change it properly.

2. Is this your idea to let me go into the MDC page directly without entre any password, to avoiding the password barrier.

3. Actually, I did reach the MDC page once, which show me lots of option/confige items at the left page. But I forgot how did i get there. At that point, I tried to change something (do some confige) by clicking the option. After clicking, it asked me for password, I gave them my 'system password', but it did not work. so I come here for help.

Thanks again for your advice.
Old 19-June-2007, 21:54
ydrol

What happens if you try to go here ..

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J38&T...T&NEXTPAGE=J38

It should take you to the DNS page.

PS The File Renaming requires you to disable 'Hide Extensions' under Windows Explorer (I think its the View or Tools option, I cant remember - Not using Windows at the moment).. but try the above like first. If that doesnt work, my idea is doomed to failure!
Old 20-June-2007, 10:06
halifaxuk

What happens if you try to go here ..

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J38&T...T&NEXTPAGE=J38

It should take you to the DNS page.

PS The File Renaming requires you to disable 'Hide Extensions' under Windows Explorer (I think its the View or Tools option, I cant remember - Not using Windows at the moment).. but try the above like first. If that doesnt work, my idea is doomed to failure!
Thanks ydrol.

I changed the extension to .html and opened it in my IE. Yes, I can see the Management and Diagnostic Console with System Summary, Broadband Link, Local Network, Firewall, Troubleshooting and Advanced options at the left hand side of the page. However, as what i expected, when I click one of them, it ask me for password again.

I also tried to open the address you gave to me in my IE directly, but it's the same password issue. what a pity.

Maybe I need back to 4.25.19 again if i still get the chance. Because there's no VOIP function in the SingTel one.
Old 20-June-2007, 11:45
razorheadtom

hey everyone i've read this forum through a few times now (not easy being 25 pages long) and i've been intrested in getting a 2700hgv after seeing my dads in action. i just got one off ebay, but its the new one with 2 SSIDs printed on. can someone please confirm if these can be flashed or not. and is there any secret way to unlock or flash them that someone could PM me.

Thanks
Old 20-June-2007, 12:29
ydrol

hey everyone i've read this forum through a few times now ... new one with 2 SSIDs ...can someone please confirm if these can be flashed or not.
Originally Posted by razorheadtom View Post
Big Red Letters - first post in thread
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...27&postcount=1
and is there any secret way to unlock or flash them that someone could PM me.

Thanks
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...&postcount=317
[Although that originally comes from uncredited member Mongoose]
Old 20-June-2007, 13:05
ToneDeaf

Here's where I'm at with trials of the HGV2700

I bought a Fusion version from Ebay and have carried out the BT upgrade to Firmware 5.29.107.19 over my ZEN ISP connection

This has gained me WPA-PSK2, Wireless MAC filtering and the Fusion Wireless Channel.

I have lost the wireless power selection box but I rate the additional wireless security features higher than the ability to tweak the power. I would say that the wireless performance of the 2700 around my bungalow is not as good as my WAG54G (with it's external antenna) but the 2700 is providing a more stable connection to my long DSL line, whereby the WAG was occasionally locking up.

**I have removed the "DNS Poisoning" and 12 hours into my tests the router has not attmpted to reset to a BT ID**

However, I note that I cannot set an idle timeout other than 0 due to an "unrecognised PPP ID" being reported

I will keep you posted on any attempted resets by the BT servers.
Old 20-June-2007, 14:22
razorheadtom

any chance you could upload the firmware so i could a flash a fusion one i have, (mine has 2 SSIDs) and i'd be happy to try it. how many have you flashed and how many have failed?
Old 20-June-2007, 16:19
ydrol

any chance you could upload the firmware so i could a flash a fusion one i have, (mine has 2 SSIDs) and i'd be happy to try it. how many have you flashed and how many have failed?
Big Red Letters - first post in thread
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/s...27&postcount=1

At the moment only official BT Firmware's are known to work with the 2SSID models.
Old 21-June-2007, 09:50
Puddy7

We've just changed from BT to Talktalk.

Talk talk told us that we can use BT's router no problem at all.

Everything is running fine except for the fact that we can't access certain websites like eBay, paypal, hotmail, yahoo mail etc..

Talktalk have told me that I need to change the MTU from 1500 to 1400. When I do this and try to save it I get the message "Your PPP Username is not correct!"

According To Talktalk this is a setting BT has put on the router so that we can't change the settings and use there equipment with another ISP.

I've been told that I can download and use a patch /Firmware to resolve this problem. I'm not really sure how to go about this or how to do it as not very well up on all this stuff. Can anyone help?

The router is a 2WIRE BT2700HGV

Thanks
Emma
Old 21-June-2007, 09:58
Screamager

Emma if it's a 2ssid jobby(look on the bottom of the router) you need to use the dns poisoning trick.

If it's a standard one then you can unlock with the SBC firmware(link in the first post in thread)

All the details are in this thread somewhere lol
Old 21-June-2007, 10:10
Puddy7

Hi

I've looked through the thread and I think I've mangled my brain now trying to work out exactly what to do I'll try and read it again but still not 100% sure what I need to do. Sorry I'm blonde lol

Emma
Old 21-June-2007, 10:16
Screamager

Emma first thing to do is check the bottom of router to make sure there is no sticker that looks something like this

SSID BT BUSINESS HUB
SSID BT FUSION
Old 21-June-2007, 10:18
Puddy7

Hi Patioheater.

thanks for helping me.

No there's no sticker that says that just one that says

SN
WEP

Emma
Old 21-June-2007, 10:48
Screamager

That's fine you can now unlock it

Get the file from here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8deet

Might be a good idea to print out the first post to follow instructions
Old 21-June-2007, 12:25
razorheadtom

this might sound daft but.....whats the button do on the front of the router?
Old 21-June-2007, 13:37
Screamer

Thanks ydrol.

I changed the extension to .html and opened it in my IE. Yes, I can see the Management and Diagnostic Console with System Summary, Broadband Link, Local Network, Firewall, Troubleshooting and Advanced options at the left hand side of the page. However, as what i expected, when I click one of them, it ask me for password again.

I also tried to open the address you gave to me in my IE directly, but it's the same password issue. what a pity.

Maybe I need back to 4.25.19 again if i still get the chance. Because there's no VOIP function in the SingTel one.
As far as I know, SingTel supply this 2wire router to the customer for the integrated MIO service, they include three services: Voip , broadband and Voip on WIFI.
http://home.singtel.com/mio/

Last edited by seya; 21-June-2007 at 15:21.
Old 22-June-2007, 03:59
ydrol

this might sound daft but.....whats the button do on the front of the router?
See here
http://www.2wire.com/?p=112
Old 22-June-2007, 11:43
ToneDeaf

Emma if it's a 2ssid jobby(look on the bottom of the router) you need to use the dns poisoning trick.

If it's a standard one then you can unlock with the SBC firmware(link in the first post in thread)

All the details are in this thread somewhere lol
Originally Posted by patioheater View Post
Clarification required here!!

I have a 2700HGV supplied from Ebay. It is 2SSID/Fusion capable, however it does not have the 2 SSIDs printed on the bottom of the casing.

It is marked 4201-003003-006. Is this flashable to the SBC firmware as I also am being restricted by the unrecognised PPP ID message.

Thanks
Old 22-June-2007, 11:55
Screamager

Clarification required here!!

I have a 2700HGV supplied from Ebay. It is 2SSID/Fusion capable, however it does not have the 2 SSIDs printed on the bottom of the casing.

It is marked 4201-003003-006. Is this flashable to the SBC firmware as I also am being restricted by the unrecognised PPP ID message.

Thanks
Originally Posted by ToneDeaf View Post
You'll be fine to flash that one m8
Old 22-June-2007, 13:15
ToneDeaf

Thumbs up Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

You'll be fine to flash that one m8
Originally Posted by patioheater View Post
Cheers for that.

Have just reflashed using the SBC 425.2sp and the router responded OK.

I notice that my line BRAS profile is much better under this firmware than the latest BT firmware 5.29.107 and I have regained my 970kbs downlink on my long line (63dB atten)
Old 22-June-2007, 14:35
Screamager

Well done m8, enjoy it
Old 22-June-2007, 15:18
ghatsby

After Looking through my detailed logs I found this link. Haven't had a chance to try any of these firmwares yet but here they are.

http://download.cms.smehomehubrms.bt...830e89c48c25f/ (5-29-107.19)

Previous Firmware

http://download.cms.smehomehubrms.bt...NLOAD/upgrade/

You'll have to look through the the cryptic folder names.

Have Fun.

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless