Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Broadband Internet Access

Old 18-November-2006, 19:33
pipex_bugger

Default Help: Pipex Bag Of Shi*e (warning Do Not Join Them) Spread It Around

Joined 3 days ago and i hate it. How the hell do i get out. I feel that there should be a 28 day get out clause. If you are unhappy with service you should be aloud to leave within 28 days. They state that this starts from the day you sign up, but how the hell can i try the service while i'm waitin for em to set it up. When you buy electrical equipment you have 28 day get out clause so why not with friggin broadband and from the date you bloody try it out. PIPEX BAG OF SHI*E.
Old 18-November-2006, 22:55
Bixtron

Default Re: Help: Pipex Bag Of Shi*e (warning Do Not Join Them) Spread It Around

Yeah I agree. Got my line switched over to homecall from BT lately and 10 days later I'm still waiting to be connected to broadband. They give you 14 days to write in and cancel the service if you don't like it, how can I when I havent used the service yet? Sadly for us I guess they know what they are up to.
Old 18-November-2006, 23:17
pipex_bugger

Default Re: Help: Pipex Bag Of Shi*e (warning Do Not Join Them) Spread It Around

Oops, Aloud=Allowed. I'm gonna email them and see what happens.
Old 18-November-2006, 23:54
Optimistic Curmudgeon

If you have a specific complaint about Pipex (or any other ISP) surely you should advise them and get them to put matters right ?

What are their contract terms, and have they breached them ?

Have you had bad service within a 'cooling-off' period ?

Your post is wasted here without specifics....anyone can moan about their ISP, but making adverse comments, as in the last sentence, is meaningless without some evidence !
Old 19-November-2006, 09:42
pipex_bugger

P2P throttling is main problem
Old 19-November-2006, 12:32
Optimistic Curmudgeon

P2P throttling is main problem
Originally Posted by pipex_bugger View Post

It is common to just about all ISP's at the 'bottom' end of the cost market.

Anyone who wants to use lots of bandwidth for music/films/gaming ought to pay the appropriate rate for such a high-usage service I think.
Old 19-November-2006, 13:32
pipex_bugger

So how do i cancel (or do you think i'm stuffed) what would suggest i write in a letter if i were to write one. Ideas appreciated.
Old 19-November-2006, 14:10
Optimistic Curmudgeon

Before you do that, have you considered using a download manager to do your P2P stuff overnight, when the 'throttling' is normally lifted ?
Old 19-November-2006, 17:35
pipex_bugger

Download Manager? Can you recommend one please. Thanks for help. I have noticed that my speeds are better over night. But the last couple of days they have not been very good getting 25kbps. Anyone know pipex'x DNS server addresses i have 2 but not sure if they are correct.
Old 19-November-2006, 17:36
pipex_bugger

pipex'x = pipex's = GITS
Old 19-November-2006, 17:40
pipex_bugger

Having to use Azureus as other programs dont seem to work not sure why, this maybe due to the p2p throttling.
Old 19-November-2006, 23:56
Die_pipex_die

Die Pipex! Die Homecall! Die Die Die Die Die Die Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-November-2006, 13:29
speedtouchguru

The only statutory right you have is the ability to cancel your agreement before the service is activated - this is normally included in the t&c's as it's basically the distance selling act.

I'd suggest going through the t&c's very carefully to see if you feel you've got grounds to go somewhere else.
Old 21-November-2006, 15:17

The only statutory right you have is the ability to cancel your agreement before the service is activated - this is normally included in the t&c's as it's basically the distance selling act.

I'd suggest going through the t&c's very carefully to see if you feel you've got grounds to go somewhere else.
Originally Posted by speedtouchguru View Post
right - you have 14 days from the point of signing up,. as far as I know it makes no difference whether they connect you within that time or not,. you can still cancel..

cancel pref in registered letter with pipex if they give you any trouble call the http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Sil
Old 21-November-2006, 18:47
Optimistic Curmudgeon

I must say that the 'principle' of having 14 days to cancel from signup date is a bit meaningless if they don't actually get around to providing their 'service' within that period....which seems quite common with some ISP's just now.

It would be interesting to see this tested in the courts.
Old 21-November-2006, 20:04
Die_pipex_die

OK, my connection is up to about 2.5Mbps now, so I'm not that angry now as it WAS only 238kbps. Maybe it takes them a while to sort out the line, or maybe they're just completely crap.

Still, I would advise NOBODY to join pipex.

Tags
bad, broadband, bt, connection, dns, email, happy, isp, line, music, speed, speeds