Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-December-2004, 04:12
RippinHairOut

Default How to remove unauthorized Network...HELP

If anyone can help me I thank you in advance.
Please let me start off by saying I am not all that computer sauve. Well here goes. For awhile now I have been finding strange files on my computer. WAN ISO PPP ect. My taskmanager reports a network. My control panel will not allow me to see properties of my network connections. I have child access to everything.......errrr. So I can not just go in and remove or change anything.

I have dial up with AOL. Well I downloaded Zone Alarm Firewall 2 days ago. Over 150 access attempts were made in the first 2 hours. All over them denied. I thought my probem was fixed. This morning I get up and find that Zone Alarm has been given authority to add a network giving full time access.
It reads only:
WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Adapter Subnet
IP addy traces back to AOL.
Called Aol and they say they don't have anyway to access any information that can help me.
Files I have found include PALM, PDA, and Handheld ( cell phones) All files seem to be encrypted with some strange language. I have tried everything to find out what it is with no luck.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much

Tags
aol, broadband, bt, cable, company, computer, file sharing, files, free, handheld, home, intel, laptop, line, modem, network, online, pda, phone, player, sharing, sound, tools, trojan, virus, web, windows, zone, zonelabs