Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali

Old 06-April-2005, 03:36
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Default This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!! (its has!!!)

Saldy my first post on this forum is going to be negative!

I am yet another person experincing an awful experience with Tiscali! I've only been with them since 22/3/05 and hardly been able to even get online. I have pasted the email I have sent below.

I have sent this email too;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Broadbandsupport@uk.tiscali.com'; 'complaints@ispreview.co.uk'; 'SafMas@gwynedd.gov.uk'; 'jody.haskayne@uk.tiscali.com'; 'mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com'; 'enquiries@otelo.org.uk'; 'chris.larkin@uk.tiscali.com'; 'broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com'; 'c.jones@solicitors.wales.com'; 'info@dogsbodyoutsourcing.com'; 'watchdog@bbc.co.uk'; 'X-Ray@bbc.co.uk'; 'ferret@htv-wales.co.uk'; 'ferret@itvwales.com'

Some of you wont recorgnise all of the addresses there, some are senior Tiscali staff, local trading standards, Welsh versions of WatchDog, etc. Some of this email was copyied from other people on this forum. I thank them for making what they sent public. I hope they dont mind me using some of what they have posted. I hope that posting this (if its successful) will help others with there problems with Tiscali.

The Email reads;

Dear Sir/Madam and Jody Haskayne,

As you can see in the header of this email I have sent it to many people. These include Otelo, my local trading standards office, ispreview, my Solicitor, consumer issue television programs and various Tiscali employees. The reason I have done this is that I have so far been ignored by Tiscali and have now had enough. If you have received this email and you are not a Tiscali employee. I ask could you please save it so that I may then prove the date that this email was sent if that becomes necessary. If you are a Tiscali employee could you PLEASE try your best to resolve this?

I ordered a 512kps connection on 21/3/2005 since then I have experienced very little time online. I think the figure stands at approximately 2 days. I have spent hours and hours of my valuable time trying to solve this issue. I have phoned Tiscali’s “Broadband Technical Help” service countless times. I found these people to be only just capable of the English language and to just repeat all of the advice that accompanies the bundled modem. Nevertheless, I followed all of there instructions most of which I had already tried. I even tried using a different modem purchased by myself and two other micro filters. Eventually it was acknowledged (after much effort on my part) that the connection problems where not because of anything on my side. I was then told on the 28/3/2005 that a different technical support team would contact me regarding my connection problems. I have not heard anything from these people despite continued calls to Tiscali’s “Customer Service Line”. The problem that I am experiencing is very intermittent the connection works for half a day then nothing for 2 days. This is extremely STRESSFUL as I have been going through all of the reinstalling, trying different hardware, etc over and over again. This has also resulted in a loss of earnings for me as I have spent unnecessary time on this because of Tiscali's failure to provide satisfactory customer service and technical support.

I now no longer want any involvement with Tiscali every again! I wish to cancel my contract and transfer to another ISP as painlessly as possible. I would appreciate it if Tiscali could finally get there act together and at least show good faith in the rapid processing of my request. That way I can put this miserable experience behind me and never have to deal with a company as inept as Tiscali have shown them selves to be. I think due to this email being sent within 14 days of my initial order I am perfectly within my rites to cancel my contract without receiving any charges what so ever. I also think the quotes below back up my case for an immediate voiding of the contract between Tiscali and myself as I have clearly not received a service from them!

“An entertainment service cannot deny you a refund if they have not delivered to you what was agreed” OFT'S website,

“Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 75, I am entitled to look to you for compensation, as this law makes you equally liable with the trader for any breaches of contract. My statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) mean that goods should be of a satisfactory quality.” Trading standards website

I am completely dismayed by your appalling service and hereby give you 28 days, from the date of this letter, in which to resolve this issue.

If this is not resolved within 28 days I consider that the contract with yourselves is nulled due to “breach of contract” as you have not provided me with the service promised.

I also reclaim the total cost of the telephone calls to your “help service” and all charges that you have made to me to date.

I estimate that I have spent a total of 15 hours of unnecessary time trying to resolve these issues due to the incompetence of your “help service” for which I also seek reimbursement.

Please respond to this letter within 3 days.

If I do not receive any reply I will take this issue up with Tiscali’s ADR provider Otelo, Trading Standards, my Solicitor and finally I will report Tiscali to the police for theft if they take any money from my account for a service which I have blatantly not received. I will also endeavour to be accompanied by the news media to the police station when I make my complaint.

Yours sincerely

I HOPE that this will get a result! I will keep this thread informed with the results and responces that I receive.

If anybody could advice me which ISP to sign up with when I can get released from Tiscali I would apprecite it. I dont want to make a mistake like I have made with Tiscali again. I am thinking of signing up with TalkTalk, any thoughts?

Last edited by Hate_Tiscali_Too??; 06-April-2005 at 18:07.
Old 06-April-2005, 11:42
Paraboy

Angry Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!!

No thoughts on TalkTalk I myself managed to get away from tiscali after 18 months (see response to thread Here we go!!!!) now with BT broadband 2.2 Mbps no probs so far. To get back to your problem don,t suppose you have a filter connected to every phone socket i.e sattellite. I set up tiscali for a friend last year and kept on getting disconnected and then realised he had a separate socket for his digi box, no consolation to you but worth a try for the time being. Good luck with your case, let us know how you are getting on with it.
Old 06-April-2005, 16:55
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Default Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!!

Thanks for the effort, but no its nothing to do with other phone devices not having micro filters on them. My phone line only has one socket which keeps it simple. The amount of times I've said that to some guy in Calcutta in the past few days is ridiculous!

I think the reason I want to leave Tiscali isn’t really about the connection problem but there complete lack of interest and incompetence in resolving my difficulties.

Looking around Zen seem to be very good. A quick read of there support forums shows they dont suffer from many problems. Customers on there say they have been with them for a long time and wouldnt change to anyone else.
Old 06-April-2005, 17:16

I know some people say "I've never had a problem with tiscali - they seem ok to me" are right,. if you've never had a problem with them then you prolly think they are alright..

I thought they were ok - until I tried to deal with their support / customer services (or lack of),.. this is really what differentiates a decent isp from a poor isp like tiscali,.

really take a look @ <thread>:Things to ask your ADSL ISP BEFORE you sign up! - one of the things mentioned it abt testing their support desk before you part with your hard earned..

after tiscali I really know now that I need support - even if I never have occasion to call them I need to know if I do that they can actually give me support and do something to help..

I short-listed a few isps but before signing up to an isp I phoned their support desks,. I looked at things like how long they took to answer and whether they knew what they were talking abt or jus reading a script.... I phoned each on a number of occasions at different times of day etc..

I can nearly guarentee that if you tried this test with tiscali and compared it to others there is no possible way you would consider tiscali as your ISP provider - trust me or rather don't - try calling their support desk and see for yourself!

Sil

btw - am with eclipse - they aren't the cheapest but on the few occasions I've called their support ppl they rock,. plus of course they have an online support ticket system which is very good also
Old 06-April-2005, 18:20
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Cheers guys! I consider my self to be pritty IT savvy and have a relevant degree. But nevertheless you still need competent support people to bounce ideas off or to inform you have covered everything on your end. What you don’t need is somebody who has less knowledge than your average Joe, appears to have had no IT training, just reads the help files (which you already have) back to you and has trouble speaking English. You only have to listen to a Tiscali technical support guy try to read out your phone number to no there are serious communication problems.

Try this; ring up and give them you mobile number. Then ring back and get one of them to read it out. The form they read it back to you is to me impossible to understand.

07778 826 786 (normal way to read mobile number)

07778 82 67 86 (other way people read out numbers)

Tiscali support man either says it all at once at a million miles an hour or something like this

07 7788 26 786

This obviously seams a very petty complaint on my part, but is just a tiny example of a subtle communication problem with people from another culture.

Anyway, I have received a swift response from the email I sent last night. It follows;

"
Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the problems you have encountered with your Tiscali account, this has now been forwarded to me as a member of the complaints resolution team to address.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your account that means that you now wish to cancel. In order to get this cancellation in process as quickly as possible could I possibly ask you to reply with either your Tiscali account number, your CLI or postal address.

Many thanks
Clare Pentland
High Level Complaints Associate

"

My reply to that will follow.
Old 06-April-2005, 18:30
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

My reply follows; Again I have forwaded this to the following;

'Complaints'; 'complaints@ispreview.co.uk'; 'SafMas@gwynedd.gov.uk'; 'jody.haskayne@uk.tiscali.com'; 'mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com'; 'enquiries@otelo.org.uk'; 'broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com'; 'c.jones@solicitors.wales.com'; 'info@dogsbodyoutsourcing.com'; 'watchdog@bbc.co.uk'; 'X-Ray@bbc.co.uk'; 'ferret@htv-wales.co.uk'; 'ferret@itvwales.com'

############
Addresss####
#######
######
######

Customer Code; U1#########

01### ######

Dear Clare Pentlands,
Thank you for you reply. Once again I have sent this email to many people and ask that they continue to monitor the situation and thank them for there support. My name, address, phone number is stated above along with my Tiscali “Customer Code”. As you have now agreed to cancel my contract (confirmed in email reply below) with Tiscali then according to your own policy and that of ISPA I am now entitled to my Cease Order Reference (it may also be called a E-co number). I have found that Tiscali have trouble believing that they are meant if asked to release this number and that many people have had to go thought the ISPA to get themselves this reference. I would wish to avoid contacting ISPA or Oftel to act on my behalf if you are able to provide me with what I have requested.

A hereby give you 15 days to process my cancellation and de-provision my line. Otherwise I will pursue you for all costs incurred and seek compensation for discomforts I have endured during my short time with Tiscali.

I expect to receive a Cease Order Reference within 3 days.

Thanks

I've decided not to bother trying to chase up a CBUK number as from what I have read on here even if you do manage to get one its useless anyway.

All the info on this forum has hopefully made this a lot less painful. I have been told I can cancel by Tiscali within one day of requesting it thanks to the info I had gathered on this forum.

If I hadn’t read this forum I would never have taken such an aggressive stance against Tiscali in my initial requests to cancel but it is plain to see from other people posts that unless you do so nothing will come of polite requests.
Old 06-April-2005, 18:35
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Also just got email from Jody Haskayne. Reply to old email.

Dear Mr ######,

I am looking into this and will come back to you shortly

Regards

Jody Haskayne
Director of PR & Communications
Tiscali UK Limited

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-April-2005, 18:58
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

For legal reasons I should post that all views stated by me in the above and below posts are my opinion and not to be considered as fact.

Also all email addresses and names are publicaly available so I am only repeating email addresses that are within the public forum.

by ME!!
Old 07-April-2005, 15:09
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

I have had a phone call from Grant Mckay (tiscali PR acting on behalf of Jody Haskayne) on the 07 April at around 2:00pm.

He has told me my Tiscali broadband will run until the 14th of April before being stopped and that my line will be available to another ISP on the 16th of April.

He has given me a E-co number, what do I need this for again? Is it just so I can check with BT wholesale what date my line is going to be available for another ISP or should I give this to my new ISP?

Grant has also given me his direct line number, email address and postal address. He said I won’t be charged anything at all by Tiscali and can continue to use my Tiscali broadband until it is cut off, free of charge. He also asked that if I send him my phone bill they will reimburse me for my call charges.

Because of this quick action Tiscali have redeemed themselves a little bit. But I will wait and see if what’s been promised actually happens.
Old 07-April-2005, 15:28

blimey,. jus goes to show what a word to the right people can do

well done!

Sil
Old 07-April-2005, 17:35
Former TS! Team

Congrats to Tiscali.

Keep it up and you'll end up reversing 'the image' people have of you
Old 29-June-2005, 14:48
jamy

Smile Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!!

Thank you for this post. I used a similar version of your letter and I managed to get tiscali to sort out my (very)slow running problems. I have had contact from all the top bods by telephone and email and although its taken about 5 weeks I am now getting the speed that I pay for.
Old 11-July-2005, 17:01
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Glad it helped jamy!

I should of posted an update here ages ago. Sorry that I haven’t. The reason I didn’t is that it went okay. The Grant Mckay guy was spot on and it disconnected the very day he said it would. I also never paid tiscali a penny, infact they paid me for the calls I made to them. :-) ;-) Strangely enough my tiscali connection finally worked really well for about 4 days before the agreed cut off date.

My local trading standards contacted me and told me that my emails that I sent covered what they would have advised me to do. I think they meant the legal jargon I quoted was correct and suitable to use.

I have my own email address in the list of emails above and have since had quite a lot of emails from people using some of what I used. I think its been successful for them too. So if you read this thread and use it post here to let people know!

Totally free of tiscali!!
Old 26-October-2005, 10:43
Poppysusanc

I have had a phone call from Grant Mckay (tiscali PR acting on behalf of Jody Haskayne) on the 07 April at around 2:00pm.

He has told me my Tiscali broadband will run until the 14th of April before being stopped and that my line will be available to another ISP on the 16th of April.

He has given me a E-co number, what do I need this for again? Is it just so I can check with BT wholesale what date my line is going to be available for another ISP or should I give this to my new ISP?

Grant has also given me his direct line number, email address and postal address. He said I won’t be charged anything at all by Tiscali and can continue to use my Tiscali broadband until it is cut off, free of charge. He also asked that if I send him my phone bill they will reimburse me for my call charges.

Because of this quick action Tiscali have redeemed themselves a little bit. But I will wait and see if what’s been promised actually happens.
Originally Posted by Hate_Tiscali_Too??
Can I have Grant Mckaty's details, maybe he can tell me why I have not been able to get interent connection for the last three months!!
Old 27-October-2005, 09:08
simon1975

apparently if you manage to get a reply from tiscali about anything the queen gives you a OBE!
Old 27-October-2005, 09:58
Poppysusanc

Well things are looking up! Tiscali phoned me yesterday afternoon with my MAC code and emailed me with it!! Which is amazing as I spoke to one of their numpties earlier yesterday morning and they said that it would take 5 days to generate a MAC code. ?? Someone's telling porkies
Old 19-November-2005, 15:08
Hate_Tiscali_Too??

Sorry I dont have Grant McKays number available, it was quite a while ago that I had problems with tiscali.

Funnily enough I've had similar problems with Demon recently. Which is a shame because I always thought they where a good company but I'm hearing bad things about them recently too.

Anyway, I hope this thread is still helping people deal with tiscali. I still get emails from people using this letter. I've even used some of it against Demon.
Old 18-July-2006, 12:54
dazher

Default Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!! (its has!!!)

RELIEF!!

Well many many thanks to "Hate Tiscali Too". I guess I'm resurrecting this thread but I found it by Google and it was amazingly useful. I have also had pains with Tiscali and wished to leave without having to pay the 12 month contract off. I had been messed around so much and only just connected and they still wouldn't let me go. Well anyway I used HTT's email as a template and sent it to all and sundry. Got a phonecall from Complaints Manager (Sarah) the next day. I should get a MAC tomorrow (I'll update on this) and best of all absolutly NO ARGUEMENTS with waiving the 12 month contract. Oh please, oh please let it happen without a hitch ... it feels like a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders! Thanks again HateTiscaliToo.

Note: Sarah never mentioned refunding costs of phone call to order tracker phone line, but I'm too relieved to be leaving Tiscali - I'm not going to follow that route until I'm out and with Zen Broadband

Please see email content below:

-*-*-*-*-

mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com, jody.haskayne@uk.tiscali.com, broadbandsupport@uk.tiscali.com, chris.larkin@uk.tiscali.com, broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com, complaints@ispreview.co.uk, enquiries@otelo.org.uk, info@dogsbodyoutsourcing.com, watchdog@bbc.co.uk, X-Ray@bbc.co.uk, ferret@htv-wales.co.uk, ferret@itvwales.com

Subject : CANCELLATION - DUE TO POOR PERFORMANCE

Dear Sir/Madam, Jody Haskayne and Mary Turner,

CUSTOMER CODE: U*********

As you can see in the header of this email I have sent it to many people.
These include Otelo, my local trading standards office, ispreview, consumer
issue television programs and various Tiscali employees. The reason I have
done this is that I have so far been ignored by Tiscali and have now had
enough. If you have received this email and you are not a Tiscali employee.
I ask could you please save it so that I may then prove the date that this
email was sent if that becomes necessary. If you are a Tiscali employee could
you PLEASE try your best to resolve this?

I ordered Tiscali MAX Unlimited on 16/6/2006 and I was sent confirmation
by post and email that the connection would be enabled on the 1/7/2006.
On 10/7/2006 Tiscali finally enabled my connection (only after a considerable
amount of my time and money was spent on your 'Order Tracking' Phone Line
since 1/7/2006). I have spent hours of my valuable time trying to solve
the issues reported by your people at the other end of the 'Order Tracking'
Phone Line (not to mention the cost of calling this premium rate number on
at least 4 separate occasions). I found these people to be only just capable
of the English language and to just repeat the same assurances that once
Tiscali's or BT's issues were resolved the connection would be enabled in
2 to 3 days. Nevertheless, I waited patiently and resolved all of the issues.
Eventually it was acknowledged that there was no reason for the connection
not to have been made. I was then told on the 9/7/2006 that BT had disconnected
their internet service and Tiscali would re-enable the line the following
day. This did occur.

At the time of writing it is 17/7/2006. I have been connected with Tiscali
for 7 days and my internet connection drops out every 2 ½ hours. The problem
that I am experiencing is very intermittent - the connection works for half
a day then goes off and on. There also seems to be a conflict with my Sky
Digibox that causes my internet connection, Sky Digital and telephone line
to completely drop out. The above is extremely STRESSFUL as I have been
going through testing my telephone line, Sky and modem connections,
reinstalling,
trying different hardware, etc over and over again.

I have now made the decision to cancel my service with Tiscali. It has been
7 days since Tiscali enabled my connection but speaking with your 'Cancellation'
Phone Line they inform me I am out of my 14 day cooling off period and will
have to pay the full 12 month contract to cancel (somewhere close to £200).
I was, however, offered £10 for the stress caused. This is not even an
adequate refund for the phone calls I made to your 'Order Tracking' phone
line. (I'd also like to make note that in addition to the Order Tracker
phoneline the Cancellation phoneline is another premium rate number. I'd
also like to make note that the email address to contact cancellations -
'broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com' - is no longer operating, so I have
been unable to confirm cancellation order in writing).

I now no longer want any involvement with Tiscali every again! I wish to
cancel my contract and transfer to another ISP as painlessly as possible.
I would appreciate it if Tiscali could finally get there act together and
at least show good faith in the rapid processing of my request. That way
I can put this miserable experience behind me and never have to deal with
a company as inept as Tiscali have shown them selves to be. I think due to
this email being sent within 14 days of my internet connection being enabled
I am perfectly within my rights to cancel my contract without receiving any
charges what so ever. I also think the quotes below back up my case for an
immediate voiding of the contract between Tiscali and myself as I have clearly
not received a service from them!

'An entertainment service cannot deny you a refund if they have not delivered
to you what was agreed' OFT'S website,

'Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 75, I am entitled to look to
you for compensation, as this law makes you equally liable with the trader
for any breaches of contract. My statutory rights under the Sale of Goods
Act 1979 (as amended) mean that goods should be of a satisfactory quality.'
Trading standards website

I am completely dismayed by your appalling service and hereby give you 28
days, from the date of this letter, in which to resolve this issue.

If this is not resolved within 28 days I consider that the contract with
yourselves is nulled due to 'breach of contract' as you have not provided
me with the service promised.

I also reclaim the total cost of the telephone calls to your 'Order Tracking'
phoneline and all charges that you have made to me to date.

I estimate that I have spent a total of 5 hours of unnecessary time trying
to resolve these issues due to the incompetence of your 'Order Tracking'
phone line for which I also seek reimbursement.

If I do not receive any reply I will take this issue up with Tiscali's ADR
provider Otelo, Trading Standards, my Solicitor and finally I will report
Tiscali to the police for theft if they take any money from my account for
a service which I have blatantly not received. I will also endeavour to be
accompanied by the news media to the police station when I make my complaint.

Yours sincerely
Old 21-August-2006, 12:09
Rimbo

Ok I'm worried. VERY worried!! I ordered Tiscali broadband on 16th May and am still waiting for a connection. I've contacted them 12 times and have spoken to what feels like hundreds of numpties along the way. I keep getting told that it will be fixed in 48 hours, or 24 hours, or 7-10 days and they will call me back!! I was sat here thinking I must be the only one!! Obviously not!

So basically after all this hassle I'm going to get a crap connection as well!! Oh joy. How do I go about cancelling? I basically have never recieved a connection thus far? Am I out of my cool off period? Because if I am, I'm flying to bloody india and gonna start punching call centre staff!!!!
Old 21-August-2006, 19:47
Zer02004

The service has never been delivered so you have a right of immediate and penalty free cancellation. In this case, the cooling off period won't apply as it's much more cut and dried than that.

Tiscali should and probably will immediately and favourably react to your cancellation request but it's what happens with the line marker (If present) that may present a problem.
Old 22-August-2006, 12:38
dazher

Hi Rimbo (what a nice name!),

Sorry to hear you've made the same mistake.

The angry letter three posts above is mine. I can update you all on the progress of this matter. Sarah, the lady who called me from Tiscali complaints, kept her end. I was cancelled from Tiscali and switched to Zen within a week! A week, without even noticing a break in service!!! I cancelled my direct debit to Tiscali immediately (the wonders of online banking!). Now I have no problems, no connection falling off, no throttled connection! And Tech support that you can trust when you really need it!

My advise Rimbo, call Customer Support and see if they'll agree to release you from the contract given the circumstances and cancel without any charges. My experience was they were no help whatsoever ... but you've got to try!

If no joy then the next step is to copy my email above, insert your Customer Code (from Tiscali's original letter), replace the content of the email with the circumstances of your own situation, ensure you make a strong case that they are not supplying the service they promised or you expect. Keep the quotes from the OFTS Website and Trading Website and email to the same addresses (Mary Turner and Jody Haskayne are the key ones). Hopefully you will be as fortunate as I was!

Best of luck!

EDIT: I just reread your post again Rimbo. May!! You requested connection in May and still waiting?!??! Now thats just taking the p*ss! There is no way Tiscali can hold you to this contract. They have supplied you no service! Mind you Tiscali are crap collecting their revenue so they won't have charged you .... yet. Get out now whilst you can!!!

EDIT 2: Just a note to say my phone bill came recently and I saw that the calls to Tiscali's Order Tracker service (situated somewhere just outside Calcutta) were reasonably priced. Was not the premium rate I expected from an 0845 number. So feel no need to chase Tiscali for recompense of £3 or £4 in total.

Last edited by dazher; 22-August-2006 at 12:57.
Old 17-October-2006, 21:59
The Doc

Angry Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!!

Tiscali are by far the worst company on this planet to do business with. If you are shopping around looking for a new broadband provider, do not pick this lot, they are so so poor.

I moved house, after 10 very long telephone calls, 3 letters of complaint, it was discovered that the internet speed they were sending down my line, was to quick for my modem !!!! It took a BT engineer to find this out.

If you try and call tiscalis Tech support, you will be cut off. The message states that they are experiencing high call volumes, and you will be disconnected. I have tried 6 times tonight to get help, always being cut off.

This company has outsourced its Tech support to India. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys !!!!
Old 17-October-2006, 22:14
Zer02004

Internet speed too fast for the modem? That's a new one on me considering even the next to useless Sagem 800 will function on a MAX circuit.
Old 30-October-2006, 00:59
g0sdd@tiscali.co.uk

I have had terrible problems with Tiscali Broadband for 12 months. I finally wrote to Customer Services on 10 October 06 but as yet I haven't received any reply. Omitting any personal details, here is what I sent:

COPY OF LETTER TO TISCALI CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Mr Dominic Negus

Tiscali Customer Services

Kiln Farm

Milton Keynes

MK14 6XG

15 Oct. 06

Dear Mr Negus,

I am writing to you as a last resort and as a result of continuous frustrating phone calls to your call centres.

Since I have been with Tiscali Broadband, I have had continuing problems with either slow-speed, inconsistent speed, dropping off line, or just bad connections.

I have contacted the call centres many, many times at a cost to me, only to find that they go through the same routine checks each time; I explain that I carry out these checks myself, including doing regular Bandwidth tests on your speed-check program, but they insist on continuing with these checks which are both time consuming and costly.

I am then told that someone will get back to me to deal with the problem, but this has never happened in connection with the slow speed problem.

This last call took six minutes to connect to the call-centre and a further 15 mins to resolve nothing and go away frustrated. Often the call takes twice as long, because of the language difficulty and continually having to ask the person to repeat the question or comment.

I do not run anything other than the Speedtouch Modem (which has been replaced) and the telephone from a single socket and have no problems with a noisy line either.

I originally signed up for a £14 – 99 package with Tiscali, but after a few months had billing for £15-99 and after contacting Billing enquiries it was corrected and the overpaid amount re-imbursed. The following month was billed correctly, but subsequent months have reverted to £15-99 again. I have tried to contact Billing enquiries on a number of occasions, but due to the length of time waiting to connect, I have given up.

The Internet to me is a great form of communication, but I find that between here and the Service Provider, there is a distinct lack of it. It was suggested to me that I should speak to a programme such as “Watchdog”, or similar, but I would only go to such lengths after exhausting all other channel firstly, without satisfaction.

Sometime ago I filled in a questionnaire for Tiscali, but have never as yet had any feedback. Listed below are some of the connection speeds on a certain day:

Date Time Bandwidth Download Time

09/10/06 1818 hrs 5.80 Kbps 0.73 KB/Sec

1845 hrs Dropped off line, Re-booted, but wouldn’t re-connect

2015 hrs Re-booted 1.08 Mbps 138.66 KB/Sec

2136 hrs Dropped off line, wouldn’t re-connect.

2145 hrs Re-booted, 23.8 Kbps 2.98 KB/Sec

2238 hrs 980.7 Kbps 122.59 KB/Sec

2243 hrs 28.10 Kbps 3.51 KB/Sec

10/10/06 Fairly consistent during daytime, but dropped of line during the evening and failed to reconnect.

11/10/06 0930 hrs 1.03 Mbps 132.13 KB/Sec

No further checks until evening, dropped off line and would not re-connect for the rest of that day.

This is just a sample showing the inconsistency during an average day, showing its unreliability.

I look forward to your reply with eventually resolving this problem, otherwise I will have to reluctantly switch to another ISP, which I don’t want to do.

Yours faithfully,
Old 10-November-2006, 14:18
UkSlayer

Just read your messages on Tiscali problems....Why did I find this post...Well I was looking for some toplevel email within Tiscali 'cos I'm totally fed up with their service. even though I no longer have a connection....It was cut on monday night 6th Nov after I rang them on the 27th Oct to get a MAC code and today according to BT no order has yet been received to remove me from the Tiscali LLU units installed in my exchange in September....when all the problems started.

As far as I can find out (combining all the various stories that the cancellation department come up with They received my call on the 27th...said they would process it and send MAC code withinn 5 days...Guess what no MAC code.....Tiscali just sat on my request and didn't do anything till the 6th November when they pulled my ID/password off the allowed connections list. Oh great internet dropped....won't be long now...... Forget it..... it's now another 5 days later and still nothing has been done to give me a clear line so I can get another provider in.

My posts etc have been kicked off the Tiscali forum without reply so I've obviously upset someone....by just telling the truth about the appaling service Tiscali are now providing.
Old 02-December-2006, 08:50
aerocom

This seems to be the forum to have a blast at Tiscali.
At the begining of October I found that my 91 year old mother was paying £15.99 for Tiscali broadband 256 which they have now upgraded to 2mb for £14.99.

I tried to do an upgrade via the tiscali web site but that only gave me the option to downgrade to dial up!

An email to customer service on October 1st has 2 months later not been replied to.

On November 30th I finally managed to get through on the phone and spent a frustrating 35 minutes - calling from my home in Sweden - trying to get it sorted.

The Tiscali 'Customer No Service' agent told me that there was a huge backlog of emails because it is the same agents that both answer the phone and reply to emails. "If we answered the emails then the phones would not get answered"

The agent agreed with me that my mother was being ripped off paying £1 a month more for 1/8th of the speed ( in practice her 256k is more like 128K and I do not expect that 2mb will be any different)

BUT the agent said that She would have to phone herself or I could do it via the web - which does not work. They are not allowed to make changes to accounts without speaking to the customer even if the change is just to correct an overcharge and under supply!!

Getting through the maze of options and unclear voice prompts gave me difficulties. My mother would never manage it!

No supervisor was available to talk to and I was advised to write a letter of complaint by email and snail mail. I sent an email and got an outometed reply on the 1st December that they "try" to respond within 5 days. I wait with bated breath!!

I was thinking of cancelling Tiscali and going on to another ISP for her, but from the posts here I wonder how long it would take Tiscali to release the line??
Old 17-March-2008, 05:51
dazher

This thread should never die. Got me out of a hated ISP so I bump for all you guys who have fallen foul of same.

Remember poor service means they have not provided the contract, you can back out!!

Document everything! Every line drop, every stupid phone call to *cough cough* customer service/order tracking, EVERYTHING. Put it all in a very aggresively worded email with all kind of threats and fancy quotes and send to all the Executives (Sticky on this website). Or just copy and paste "Hate Tiscali Too" email, worked for me!
Old 09-July-2010, 20:05
Errol

Default Re: This ANGRY Email should get a result!!!!! (its has!!!)

Saldy my first post on this forum is going to be negative!

I am yet another person experincing an awful experience with Tiscali! I've only been with them since 22/3/05 and hardly been able to even get online. I have pasted the email I have sent below.

I have sent this email too;

'Broadbandsupport@uk.tiscali.com'; 'complaints@ispreview.co.uk'; 'SafMas@gwynedd.gov.uk'; 'jody.haskayne@uk.tiscali.com'; 'mary.turner@uk.tiscali.com'; 'enquiries@otelo.org.uk'; 'chris.larkin@uk.tiscali.com'; 'broadbandcancellations@uk.tiscali.com'; 'c.jones@solicitors.wales.com'; 'info@dogsbodyoutsourcing.com'; 'watchdog@bbc.co.uk'; 'X-Ray@bbc.co.uk'; 'ferret@htv-wales.co.uk'; 'ferret@itvwales.com'

Some of you wont recorgnise all of the addresses there, some are senior Tiscali staff, local trading standards, Welsh versions of WatchDog, etc. Some of this email was copyied from other people on this forum. I thank them for making what they sent public. I hope they dont mind me using some of what they have posted. I hope that posting this (if its successful) will help others with there problems with Tiscali.

The Email reads;

Dear Sir/Madam and Jody Haskayne,

As you can see in the header of this email I have sent it to many people. These include Otelo, my local trading standards office, ispreview, my Solicitor, consumer issue television programs and various Tiscali employees. The reason I have done this is that I have so far been ignored by Tiscali and have now had enough. If you have received this email and you are not a Tiscali employee. I ask could you please save it so that I may then prove the date that this email was sent if that becomes necessary. If you are a Tiscali employee could you PLEASE try your best to resolve this?

I ordered a 512kps connection on 21/3/2005 since then I have experienced very little time online. I think the figure stands at approximately 2 days. I have spent hours and hours of my valuable time trying to solve this issue. I have phoned Tiscali’s “Broadband Technical Help” service countless times. I found these people to be only just capable of the English language and to just repeat all of the advice that accompanies the bundled modem. Nevertheless, I followed all of there instructions most of which I had already tried. I even tried using a different modem purchased by myself and two other micro filters. Eventually it was acknowledged (after much effort on my part) that the connection problems where not because of anything on my side. I was then told on the 28/3/2005 that a different technical support team would contact me regarding my connection problems. I have not heard anything from these people despite continued calls to Tiscali’s “Customer Service Line”. The problem that I am experiencing is very intermittent the connection works for half a day then nothing for 2 days. This is extremely STRESSFUL as I have been going through all of the reinstalling, trying different hardware, etc over and over again. This has also resulted in a loss of earnings for me as I have spent unnecessary time on this because of Tiscali's failure to provide satisfactory customer service and technical support.

I now no longer want any involvement with Tiscali every again! I wish to cancel my contract and transfer to another ISP as painlessly as possible. I would appreciate it if Tiscali could finally get there act together and at least show good faith in the rapid processing of my request. That way I can put this miserable experience behind me and never have to deal with a company as inept as Tiscali have shown them selves to be. I think due to this email being sent within 14 days of my initial order I am perfectly within my rites to cancel my contract without receiving any charges what so ever. I also think the quotes below back up my case for an immediate voiding of the contract between Tiscali and myself as I have clearly not received a service from them!

“An entertainment service cannot deny you a refund if they have not delivered to you what was agreed” OFT'S website,

“Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 75, I am entitled to look to you for compensation, as this law makes you equally liable with the trader for any breaches of contract. My statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) mean that goods should be of a satisfactory quality.” Trading standards website

I am completely dismayed by your appalling service and hereby give you 28 days, from the date of this letter, in which to resolve this issue.

If this is not resolved within 28 days I consider that the contract with yourselves is nulled due to “breach of contract” as you have not provided me with the service promised.

I also reclaim the total cost of the telephone calls to your “help service” and all charges that you have made to me to date.

I estimate that I have spent a total of 15 hours of unnecessary time trying to resolve these issues due to the incompetence of your “help service” for which I also seek reimbursement.

If I do not receive any reply I will take this issue up with Tiscali’s ADR provider Otelo, Trading Standards, my Solicitor and finally I will report Tiscali to the police for theft if they take any money from my account for a service which I have blatantly not received. I will also endeavour to be accompanied by the news media to the police station when I make my complaint.

Yours sincerely

I HOPE that this will get a result! I will keep this thread informed with the results and responces that I receive.

If anybody could advice me which ISP to sign up with when I can get released from Tiscali I would apprecite it. I dont want to make a mistake like I have made with Tiscali again. I am thinking of signing up with TalkTalk, any thoughts?
Originally Posted by Hate_Tiscali_Too?? View Post

Errol I changed over to talk talk on the 10 may this year I was with Tiscali for BB only but an employee from Talk Talk phoned and informed me that Tiscali was being taken over by Talk Talk and suggested I move my account to them with phone as well>i was with BT on my land line.I accepted this and and asked him to notify Tiscali that I was transferring and to cancel my BB account with them as I would cancel my DD to Tiscali from my bank.This was agreed as they are the same company.? Wrong! One cannot contact the other.What a load of crap

Oh my god what a cock up I am still being charged by Tiscali for my Broadband and also paying Talk talk for my land line and Broadband.So far Tiscali have filched nearly £25 from my Bank account.I have phoned them e mailed the at least 7 times. An Indian chap keeps phoning and telling me I owe on my Tiscali account so I pay as I am not a well person and the stress is getting me down I really don't know what else to do. As a pensioner money is tight but I cannot stand the threat to cut off my Broad band.But Thank you for the e mail addresses you have put on the forum I will give Mary Turner a shot Thaks so much Errol

Tags
bbc, broadband, bt, bundled, cancellation, company, connection, credit, eclipse, email, failure, free, internet, law, line, marker, mobile, modem, online, phone, police, public, shopping, speed, talk, talk talk, talktalk, tiscali, tiscali broadband