Old 25-December-2012, 01:02
Screamager

Default Merry Xmas

Merry Xmas everyone ...More input needed... Lets keep The Scream alive ..... Hope everyone has a peacefull day tomorrow

JT
Old 25-December-2012, 01:25
Screamager

Default Re: Merry Xmas

And to you and all
Old 25-December-2012, 12:22
Yorkie

Merry Christmas all
Old 25-December-2012, 13:04
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Merry Xmas

★*˚°。°*。°*。★*˚°。°*。°˚°★*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★
° * _██_*˚° 。 °/♥ \*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★
˛ . (´• •)*. 。 */♫.♫\*˛.* ˛ _Π_____*˚°。*。°*❤*˚°。° *°*★
. ° ( . • .) ˛° . /• '♫ '•\.˛*./_______/~\*˚°。°*。°*°*❤ ˚° *★
.* (.. '•'..) * ˛ ╬╬╬╬╬˛° . |田田 ❤|門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚°。°*。°* ♥
★*˚°。°*。°*。★ MERRY CHRISTMAS..!!! ★ Warm hugs, lots of love to everyone and the glow of flickering candlelight. May you all be blessed with good health, food, warmth, love and laughter. Many wishes for a more prosperous New Year...
Old 26-December-2012, 11:08
Screamette

.....And a Happy New Year!
Old 27-December-2012, 03:45
Screamager

Who is this foolish person called 'jactar' ?

'Let's keep 'The Scream' alive' he demands. One hates to be such a bore but one thinks that screaming such statements adds little to attract one such as oneself whom, without a shadow of doubt, would just love to converse if one had someone to converse with.

For instance, I have no problem with homosexuals, I disagree with same sex marriages and I do not think the Americans landed on the moon. But then, what do I know? I'm just someone who speaks how they feel.
Old 28-December-2012, 23:38
Screamager

Who is this foolish person called 'jactar' ? What gives you right to call ME foolish then ? You can't even spell my username correctly

'Let's keep 'The Scream' alive' he demands. I made NO demands I simply wished all a Merry Xmas One hates to be such a bore Sorry but you are becoming one now. but one thinks that screaming such statements adds little to attract one such as oneself whom, without a shadow of doubt, would just love to converse if one had someone to converse with. Yeah1 whatever that is supposed to mean

For instance, I have no problem with homosexuals, I disagree with same sex marriages and I do not think the Americans landed on the moon. But then, what do I know? I'm beginning to wonder I'm just someone who speaks how they feel.
Originally Posted by greatlover View Post
What have these remarks got to do with a Merry Christmas thread
Old 29-December-2012, 00:43
Foxy Lady

What have these remarks got to do with a Merry Christmas thread
Originally Posted by jacktar View Post
I totally agree with you there Jacktar!!... and while we're on the subject that was brought up so rudely and abruptly... if you don't believe in same sex marriages and have such small minded Dickensian views, please keep them to yourself. We believe in the adage of 'live & let live' on here and try to avoid statements such as that because we don't like to offend people who have done nothing but be friendly towards us!!

This is not the way to behave, especially at the time of the year that is supposed to be 'goodwill towards all men (& women!!)... we are definitely NOT amused!!
Old 29-December-2012, 03:07
Screamager

Wonderful, I loved your reply's

I love Christmas, I love the whole spirit of Christmas, so much so that I insist on watching 'A Christmas Carol' every year.

But my post got you to post didn't it? So, you can post to complain, so why not post about happy things? I hope to post much over the coming year, some you may like, some you may not. The scream is a forum, a place for discussion. I will never personalise any argument as I hope you will not, I hope that my posts will encourage debate.

My feelings about life are my own, I neither ask that you accept them or put any faith in them, they are mine only. I voice them as such. Will I provoke arguments such this again? yeah probably. But if it means you get your finger out of your ear and feeling a desire to tell that prat what you think .... well yeah, I can live with that. But remember, merely because I disagree with you doesn't make me a bad person.
Old 30-December-2012, 01:21
Foxy Lady

Angry Re: Merry Xmas

So, you can post to complain, so why not post about happy things?

... merely because I disagree with you doesn't make me a bad person.
For one, we DO post about happy things very often and if you would care to read some of our back posts you would see that.

Two, if you disagree with people and keep putting your beliefs on here when there was no debate about that subject in the first place, it is directed at people who are of a different persuasion than you and it upsets those people it DOES make you a bad person.

As your comments about Jacktar and his post were completely out of context and uncalled for, I can inform you now, you most certainly DID upset people, which is unnecessary and unacceptable on a supposedly 'friendly' forum. If you haven't got anything nice to say, then I suggest you go and find a forum more suited to your insulting and argumentative nature and leave us to chat happily amongst each other, as we have done for that past few years. We debate when we wish but in a friendly and non insulting manner, if you wish to keep using this forum I suggest you do the same.
Old 03-January-2013, 02:15
Screamager

Jenonnet, (I hesitate to call you my friend as that seems unlikely at the moment). But I post this in all honesty.

A forum is a place where one can (hopefully) offer ones views and opinions and offer them up for debate. Of course not everyone will agree with them, it would be a sad world were it so. Are you really suggesting that 'The Scream' is a forum only for people that want to talk about NICE things, things that you agree with?
There's a real world out there mate, and sadly, it isn't all fun and laughter. Only by talking do we learn about how others see life. Only by talking do we realise that the world may not be quite how we see or choose to see it.
If you are suggesting that I cannot mention 'Tory' because you are 'labour' or the 'Beatles' were better than 'Oasis' or I disagree with same sex marriage, then perhaps you are right when you say I should find another forum. But just to remind you -

FORUM
A Free UK general chat forum for users to discuss current affairs, news, sport, television, hobbies, interests and more.
Old 03-January-2013, 19:46
Screamette

I for one come here for a smile or two, to catch up with my internet friends....
.....I dislike argueing intensely, I will answer questions, but will agree to disagree rather than getting into a row...
This is a friendly place....if it becomes anything else, people will avoid it....including me!
Old 04-January-2013, 00:53
Foxy Lady

Post Re: Merry Xmas

Exactly my point Tia, thank you.

To answer your question greatlover, no I do not suggest you only discuss NICE things but may I point out to you that this section of the forum is for General Chatty Stuff, NOT for deep or argumentative discussions. The comments you initially made in reply to Jacktar's thread were out of context and inappropriate and that was my point.

I am fully aware that the world is not all fun and laughter and have experienced first hand the cruelty and nastiness of so called civilised human beings, so please do not assume I know nothing of this and do not patronise me. You know nothing of my life and the situations I have had to deal with.

I have no problem with honest debate, nor do I, or would I, ever expect everyone to agree with me and my beliefs but I do expect a tad of consideration and respect from my fellow members when I use this forum and don't expect argumentative remarks to be made out of the blue and out of context on a 'General Chatty Stuff' section that is used for lighthearted, friendly banter between like minded people.

I have always had the outlook of 'live and let live'. You may not agree with me on that and that is your prerogative but I do not expect your views to be pushed at me for no reason in a thread that was nothing to do with anyone's views or beliefs. I repeat the question Jacktar asked in reply to your post... 'What has that got to do with Happy Christmas??!!' Your remarks were uncalled for and unacceptable in the thread they were used in and therefore upset people. I would advise you in future to have a little more empathy for your fellow members. We are not here to upset each other but to cheer each other up when needed and enjoy some friendly banter. This is not a section for hard debate or arguments.
Old 14-March-2013, 07:03

Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i find this community is highly interesting.
Old 17-March-2013, 02:10
Screamager

Jenonnet my friend, I must apologise for taking so long to respond to your post. It has taken me this long to read and try to understand your missive. So, if I get this right, you have had a hard life, ok, luckily no-one else has. You, like Tia, apparently, don’t like to talk about things, well things you don’t like to talk about. Ok, let’s talk about happy things, ...... Um, still waiting for you posts about happy things matey.

This thread is about ‘General chatty things’ . As such it does not need either you or Tia to decide what we talk about. What, you want to know that I had a haircut today? Or, ooh, I bumped into a neighbour today. Get a life matey. If that’s what you seek, log onto ‘Facebook’.

Look jenonnet, I’m not having a go at you, well I am I suppose, but understand matey, your opinions intimidate other posters. I don’t care what you think we should be posting here, just let us post what we want , ok

This is not your forum!!!
Old 19-March-2013, 12:07
I'll get some legs soon..

Jenonnet my friend, I must apologise for taking so long to respond to your post. It has taken me this long to read and try to understand your missive. So, if I get this right, you have had a hard life, ok, luckily no-one else has. You, like Tia, apparently, don’t like to talk about things, well things you don’t like to talk about. Ok, let’s talk about happy things, ...... Um, still waiting for you posts about happy things matey.

This thread is about ‘General chatty things’ . As such it does not need either you or Tia to decide what we talk about. What, you want to know that I had a haircut today? Or, ooh, I bumped into a neighbour today. Get a life matey. If that’s what you seek, log onto ‘Facebook’.

Look jenonnet, I’m not having a go at you, well I am I suppose, but understand matey, your opinions intimidate other posters. I don’t care what you think we should be posting here, just let us post what we want , ok

Greatlover (and we only have your word for that ), I am the type who doesn't normally get involved in disputes and arguments, but I am going to say something here. You tend to get quite confrontational at times, and that is not the way to win friends. You actually remind me of someone from another forum, a person who thought only his views were of any importance. A number of members simply stopped posting there because of his attitude, (and I can see that happening here before long) but fortunately he was banned because he overstepped the line once too often.

I, for one, will not be taking part in any thread that you are posting in, as I object to your attitude.
Old 21-March-2013, 02:04
Screamager

Hello mender. Your comments were good to read and of course have merit, and to a certain extent I would agree with you. But firstly, can I answer your first comment. 'greatlover' was a fun name I came up with a long, long time ago. I keep it simply because it is a fun name.

Are my views of importance? yea you bet they are. I believe that everyone has a right to an opinion. I believe that they have a right to offer that opinion without fear or favour. I believe that an offered opinion should in no way demean any other person nor should any reply.

I get your point about the 'unsuitable' member. Should I turn out to be such then so be it. But what about a bit of honesty here. I had been out of touch of the 'Scream' for a long time, but I did pop in enough to notice that not much was happening. So here I am. Are you going to deny the number of post that have been offered since I returned?

Whatever I say or don't say will not take down a forum. What takes down a forum are people that say 'I don't like what you say so I'm not gonna post anymore'. It's called 'debate' mender, you don't have to agree
Old 21-March-2013, 06:27
I'll get some legs soon..

I wasn't going to bother, but will make this last comment on the subject, and this simply validates what I said previously.

...I believe that everyone has a right to an opinion. I believe that they have a right to offer that opinion without fear or favour. I believe that an offered opinion should in no way demean any other person nor should any reply...
You are contradicting yourself again. I refer you to my previous quote:

To cap it all, you said:

No, and it's not yours either!

I've made my point and won't respond to you any further, either here or anywhere else on TS.
Old 24-March-2013, 01:24
Screamager

Accepting that mender has drawn a close to this thread, may I also do the same. If, like mender, you do not wish to read or respond to anything I may post in the future, it is of course your choice.
I don't post to please, I post to offer an opinion, a view. I don't ask that anyone agree with it, just that it is nice to get the views of others. The Scream has a great many members, who knows, perhaps I might strike a cord with one or more of them at some time.
Old 19-November-2013, 22:40
Screamager

Merry Xmas everyone ...More input needed... Lets keep The Scream alive ..... Hope everyone has a peacefull day tomorrow
25-December-2012, 00:02
JT
AW! well I did try Sometimes I think advances in technology are not always for he best.... smart phones, social media, and endless apps and games seem to keep many away from great sites like this.
I have enjoyed my time here and sorry to see it go, so best wishes to everyone concerned, especially JR51, hope you are on the mend my friend
Maybe I will give Centaur's reconmendation a try as well

All the best & health and happiness for the incoming year to all Screamers old & new Jacktar
Old 20-November-2013, 01:11
Foxy Lady

Post Re: Merry Xmas

AW! well I did try Sometimes I think advances in technology are not always for he best.... smart phones, social media, and endless apps and games seem to keep many away from great sites like this.
I have enjoyed my time here and sorry to see it go, so best wishes to everyone concerned, especially JR51, hope you are on the mend my friend
Maybe I will give Centaur's reconmendation a try as well

All the best & health and happiness for the incoming year to all Screamers old & new Jacktar
I think the social network sites that have sprung up over the past few years are a lot to do with it... even peeps who are not very PC literate can go on them and produce photos and 'funnies' without any effort... this is a generally appreciated option.
No-one wants to fix their own computers these days either, or anything else for that matter... they just pay someone else to do it or throw it away and buy another one. We have now got too much of a throw away society!
I too have thoroughly enjoyed my time being a Screamer and am very sorry to see it go. Hope you go from strength to strength JR51, take car my friend & you too Jacktar, Twinkle & all the others who are too many to mention. Good luck in your future, whatever you do & wherever life takes you. This is a sad time and the end of a very good forum, I will miss it immensely.
Thank you to all who have given me help over the years and also to all those who have cheered me up and made me laugh when I needed it, your kindness and generosity has been much appreciated. Goodbye one and all. Take care. Wherever you go and whatever you do, may your God go with you. xx
Old 21-November-2013, 04:11
Safe Sane Consensual

Default Merry Christmas 2013 - don't read all the thread!

If I had been involved in running this forum the bitter personal attacks in this thread so far would have made me wonder what to do about the future of "The Scream"!

I confess to posting controversial and provocative threads in the past but to me the discussions were somewhat more like those of lawyers. We took sides but created friendships through exploring our differences. This all helped to make General Chat one of the most active threads on 'The Scream'

I must admit to being concerned that some considered myself and others to be expustulating rather than enjoying social discussion and debate. Thus General Chat became divided.

Mention has been made of the level of discussion in Facebook and it does not interest me at all that a "friend" might have had too much to drink and had a headache the following morning!

For me "Second Life" has for a few years provided on line entertainment to replace "The Scream". There I would escape to my own tropical island and sail or windsurf in the warm rather than the cold reality of the UK. As with "The Scream" you had a choice of participating in serious things like opera or ballet and there was always sex on tap if one became bored!

"Second Life" now seems to have passed its peak level of activity as its original success was associated with gambling and there are now stricter laws controlling on line gambling in any form.

Better stop expostulating and wish everyone a Happy Christmas 2013 and that "The Scream" closes with good memories!

Old 22-November-2013, 12:45
Rambler

Thumbs up Re: Merry Xmas

Merry Christmas to all & wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Old 25-November-2013, 00:14
Foxy Lady

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you too Twinkle... and to everyone else on The Scream!

Hope you all have a great time & 2014 heralds the best year you've ever had!!
Old 27-November-2013, 05:08

Happy Xmas to all.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, ping me an e-mail - roger period pittock at which period net and I'll let them know where I hang out (both in forums, social media - and if appropriate in real life (Essex).

Best

Roger
Old 27-November-2013, 14:38
Foxy Lady

Angry Re: Merry Xmas

Unfortunately I don't know how to ping. Not very good at the techie stuff but am passionate about computers & the few forums I am a member of.

I am on fb as Jenonnet (Jenny Fox) if anyone wants to keep in touch.

If not, good luck to you all, it was thoroughly informative and enjoyable being a member of this forum and I have met lots of lovely people during my time here. Very, very sorry to see it go.
Old 06-December-2013, 20:14

By "ping" I meant "compose and send" - needn't say much ;-)
Old 07-December-2013, 10:35
Foxy Lady

By "ping" I meant "compose and send" - needn't say much ;-)
Originally Posted by RTI View Post
Thanks for the info RTI... thought it was some kind of techie way of sending info via wireless means
Old 07-December-2013, 11:59
Screamette

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 09-December-2013, 01:24
Foxy Lady

The same to you Tia, hope you have a great time and 2014 proves to be a fantastic year for you.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone, all the best for 2014

Tags
abuse, bad, car, christmas, facebook, flash, free, happiness, happy, health, hijacked, hijackers, internet, line, mail, make, network, offer, opinion, social media, sound, talk, wireless, xmas