Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL

Old 27-May-2010, 17:33
kimrogers5

Wink AOL template complaint letter

As my previous posting about those wanting an address to complain to AOL, below is a letter template for making complaints to AOL, or anyone else in fact.

I will also be making a post re supply of goods and services act, also sent to me by trading/consumer standards.
Hope it is useful - get those letters out to AOL!
KIM

GUIDANCE ON USING COMPLAINT LETTER TEMPLATES

The Consumer Direct complaint letter templates can help you make a written complaint, if you have a problem with goods or services.
Customise your letter
You will have to make some changes to a template before you send it. This includes:
• Add your name, address and telephone number (and/or email address).
• Add the trader’s name and address.
• Add the date on which you send the letter.
• Add your name at the bottom.
• Sign the letter in the space above your name.
In some letters, you will be requesting a response within 7/14 days [delete as applicable]. Make sure you choose which is more suitable for you. If you are complaining about a long-running problem and need it resolved quickly, 7 or 10 days might be a suitable period. If this is a recent problem, it is more reasonable to allow 14 days for the trader to resolve it. But always allow a minimum of 7 days.
You will also need to add the specific details of your complaint. Where you see text such as [explain what you want i.e. refund/repair/replacement], you will need to choose one of the options that are listed or write in the details yourself. Be as clear and straight-forward as you can when describing the problem.
Make sure you remove all the [ and ] symbols afterwards.
Before you send the letter
• Address it to a named person if possible, such as the Managing Director.
• Keep a copy for yourself.
• If you sent a letter previously, enclose a copy of it with the current letter.
• If necessary, include a copy of proof of purchase, eg a receipt or contract.
When you send the letter
• Send the letter by recorded delivery, so you can prove that you sent it and track its progress. You will have to ask at the Post Office for this service.
• Note the date by which you have requested a response (eg 7 days later).
Further advice
If you are not sure how to proceed, need help with the letter or would like further advice on making a complaint, call Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06. The telephone advice service operates on Monday to Friday 8am to 6.30pm, and Saturday 9am to 1pm.
You can also visit the Consumer Direct website at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
Old 08-August-2010, 15:46
jaysdowell

Default Re: AOL template complaint letter

I have just sent a complaint to AOL. I have been trying since 13 July to cancel and get a MAC. I finally got through to someone on 22 July who offered me a reduction of £7 per month and a new router. So I said yes - studpidly. After many emails querying the router delivery (and receiving confirmation re the £12.99 package with router) they have now told me that no such package exists, but I still can't get a cancellation out of them. I insist on doing things by email so that I have a copy of what is said, but they never actually answer the question.

Tags
aol, cancellation, email, forward, make, router