Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware

Old 06-January-2014, 18:37
Formerly exstreamuser

News! Nvidia Unveils 192 Core Tegra K1

The K1 will contain 192 CUDA cores based upon the Nvidia's Kepler architecture and is targeted towards mobile gaming and cars. The object with cars is to provide "advanced driver assistance" (ADAS) and the graphics capabilities needed to customize dashboard displays. The first of the two pin compatible processors to be released will be the 32-bit in the first half of 2014 with the 64-bit version being released in the last half.

This is undoubtedly good news for gamers that would like a bit of freedom away from a desktop machine and something long awaited.

I must admit that I was somewhat concerned when Nvidia elected to stop manufacture of graphics cards on favour of just producing GPUs but in retrospect this was likely quite a good move for them.

The 5W package is impressive and I expect to see even more efficiency and greater compute power in times to come. This really is the only way that serious gaming has any chance on mobile devices.

Congratulations to Nvidia!

You can read more about the revelation at The Register.
Old 07-January-2014, 22:55
Trance Addict

Default Re: Nvidia Unveils 192 Core Tegra K1

It is nice to see, as I've played a few games on friends tablets and I have never been really that impressed. Even when I had a Blackberry Playbook for a while I wasn't all that impressed with the visual quality of games on it.

Tags
cards, mobile