http://www.watchzeitgeist.com/zeitgeist-the-movie/

Check from 9:48, brilliant to say the least
Old 13-February-2012, 14:58
Screamager

Default Re: Jesus did not rise and/or descend

http://www.watchzeitgeist.com/zeitgeist-the-movie/

Check from 9:48, brilliant to say the least
Originally Posted by Don kidick View Post
It is also a deception, and it appears you have been deceived. The Bible clearly states that he DID, and the Bible has never once been proven fallible. Ever, nor will it be. Ever.

The fact is this; we ALL believe in God. Have you looked at the incredible creation in our universe? God is not on trial here - he exists, period. I do not ask you to "judge" whether God is real or not, or whether his word is true or false. In fact, you have no right to do so. Who makes *any* mortal the judge of his existance? He is in existance, like it or not. You'll be a non-believer right up to the very second when you die, if you choose the path of foolishness... so surely you'll want to prepare, right?

Those who say they do not, either deny him, or suppress the facts. It's called being "willingly ignorant"... or, if you prefer, "dumb on purpose". Only the foolish deny God, and deny his word (not that I am not insulting you; "fool" means someone who knows better, but goes against that wiser knowledge).

I would suggest you watch these videos, they will bring some truth to you, and are very worthwhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxVxXNgU4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6aWqbXNac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bDUQjiTN8

God bless you

Last edited by unlokia; 13-February-2012 at 15:07.
Old 13-February-2012, 17:15

Angry Re: Jesus did not rise and/or descend

.....The fact is this; we ALL believe in God.....
Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
Oh no we do not!
Old 13-February-2012, 17:30
Screamer

I would suggest you watch these videos, they will bring some truth to you, and are very worthwhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWxVxXNgU4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6aWqbXNac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bDUQjiTN8

God bless you
What a load of tosh
Old 13-February-2012, 17:32
Screamer

The fact is this; we ALL believe in God
Are you seriously deluded? and I guess you believe in Santa and the tooth fairy
Old 13-February-2012, 19:19

...the Bible has never once been proven fallible. Ever, nor will it be. Ever.
Luckily I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Just for starters: http://www.extremelysmart.com/insigh...ble_errors.php
Old 13-February-2012, 19:43
Screamer

Luckily I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.
Originally Posted by bouncingjohn View Post
Old 13-February-2012, 21:44
Screamager

I could have predicted such a response. It's written in the Bible:

2 Peter 3:3

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires
I respect that you are free to follow your own paths in life. I do not judge you for that, nor would it be my place to, any more than it is your place to judge a believer in God. Show me something more inerrant than the Bible - the word of our creator, and I'd be curious to see it, because you just won't find anything. You may disbelieve and scoff all you wish, so long as you agree that you denied God, and would say that when you stand before him, when we are judged.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Remember, we have free will. None of this is inflicted on us, without us having had enough chances to repent of our sins and accept God as our Lord and saviour. Would it be just for God to FORCE us to follow him, and FORCE us to live in heaven, in his glory? Hey, if you choose hell, you're surely a fool. Pride is the key, and if you're too proud to accept God, and instead to say that you're going to battle through life without him, then that's your free will, and your choice.
God bless you guys

Last edited by unlokia; 13-February-2012 at 21:54.
Old 13-February-2012, 22:44

I have a bit of a problem with your belief that the bible is inerrant. A very small amount of research (reading it for example, or if that's too much work: Google is your friend) will show that it is full of errors, inconsistencies and contradictions.

I would be happy to believe in your god if there were any actual evidence (though I like to think I have enough strength of character that I would not go on to worship a being responsible for so much suffering) unfortunately there is none.

Here's a couple of nice songs to lighten the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF9MfQSXE2A
Old 13-February-2012, 23:01
Screamager

I have a bit of a problem with your belief that the bible is inerrant. A very small amount of research (reading it for example, or if that's too much work: Google is your friend) will show that it is full of errors, inconsistencies and contradictions.

I would be happy to believe in your god if there were any actual evidence (though I like to think I have enough strength of character that I would not go on to worship a being responsible for so much suffering) unfortunately there is none.

Here's a couple of nice songs to lighten the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF9MfQSXE2A
You have a problem with truth, in that case, not with my comments. My mood needs no lightening, but thank you.

Google vs the Bible? You surely must be joking. I'll leave you to get on with your night. I pray you'll find God, because your reasoning is in error. I'll suggest that you at least *try* the three videos I posted, they're not preachy, but they ARE the truth.
Old 13-February-2012, 23:23
Screamer

You have a problem with truth, in that case, not with my comments. My mood needs no lightening, but thank you.

Google vs the Bible? You surely must be joking. I'll leave you to get on with your night. I pray you'll find God, because your reasoning is in error. I'll suggest that you at least *try* the three videos I posted, they're not preachy, but they ARE the truth.
I pray you find Santa, and as for the videos you posted, they are so funny and so far from the truth.
Old 14-February-2012, 00:03

I have no problem with truth, just the bible (which contains very little of it), nor did I suggest you replace the bible with Google, just that you might want to use the latter as a research tool.

Jeremiah 5:21
Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not.

Rephrased in 1546 by John Heywood as: "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."

I guess the devil can quote scripture.
Old 14-February-2012, 00:20
Screamager

I have no problem with truth, just the bible (which contains very little of it), nor did I suggest you replace the bible with Google, just that you might want to use the latter as a research tool.

Jeremiah 5:21
Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not.

Rephrased in 1546 by John Heywood as: "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."

I guess the devil can quote scripture.
You know God exists - the evidence is there. I do not blame you for not agreeing with me - satan wants you to be eternally deceived - do you not see that? His desire is for your eventual destruction in hell - be under NO delusion from anything or anyone which says otherwise; your thoughts are not your own, when you reject God and his word - you are double-minded, when you dismiss the ultimate truth of God, for you have no truth or yardstick by which to measure yourself, as you're wandering in the desert of the denial of the maker... our creator, and his eternal love and forgiveness for you. It's free!

Why wouldn't we want that? Because that would mean that we are, one day, going to held accountable for all our sins and wrongdoings (which can be forgiven in an instant, right now, by the way). Man rejects God because man doesn't like to be given truth. As usual, pride is the cause - we don't *want* to be told that we are sinners and have to repent of our sins, as that shows us up as weak and prone to failure... well yes, of course! Not one single one of us can *earn* getting into heaven; if we were to get our just deserts, each and every single human being would go straight to hell, as we have ALL broken God's law, time and again.

We have a way out, which means humbling ourselves to our creator - admitting he exists, saying sorry for how we have sinned and offended our fellow man, and ultimately God, as we are his children. He didn't HAVE to suffer at the cross for us, enduring torture and ridicule, persecution and death... but he did, BECAUSE he loves us, relentlessly. Who would want to throw that back in his face, and reject the walk of peace and happiness that comes from knowing your Father, the creator of the human race and life itself?

Were justice to be served, not ONE of us would be able to be obedient enough to get to heaven - it's a gift, and it's ridiculously easy to get it... so why wouldn't you?

Romans 1: 20-22 (KJV)

20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
Bless you

Last edited by unlokia; 14-February-2012 at 04:44.
Old 14-February-2012, 12:27
Screamer

The Bible has been rewritten so many times and translated into so many languages that certain dialogue has either been changed or missed out, so how are we supposed to believe in something of this nature.
Old 18-February-2012, 13:13
Screamette

Yepp.....willfully ignorant says it all
and blind
There are many out there who know the REAL truth tho unlokia

"There are none as blind as those that will not see"
Old 20-February-2012, 15:53
Screamager

My only thought on Religion, Jesus was a Jew, Therefore why is there more than one religion? Those who believe should therefore be Jewish or follow Judaism.

Taken from another site but it raises some good points.

History tells us that 2000 years ago in this area that Yeshua was a common name. There is no historical facts/evidence that there ever was a divine Jesus (Yeshua as Hebrews call him) just spiritual writings in the bible by persons unknown. The same writers were goat, sheep herders that believed disease was caused by demons. They sound like credible people, don't they (LOL)

The 4 gospels were written in Greek and had been re written several times before Constantine designed and created the catholic church nearly 300 years after this supposed jewish man named Jesus lived. 300 years! There might have been a man named Jesus but there is no factual evidence that a divine man named Jesus ever lived Jewish or otherwise during 6 BCE and 27 AD. There is no historical evidence that there was a crucifixion, a virgin birth, miracles, etc. No factual information that King Herod slaughtered a society of young infant males, but considerable information about King Herod's life. We do have factual evidence that there existed long before a Jesus mythical gods that also claimed to perform miracles, born on December 25, died and were spirited away. These stories centuries before Christianity sure sounds like plagiarism by the Christian believers of the time to me.

There were many jewish and roman writers back in that time period and not one person wrote anything down about a man named Yeshua bringing someone back to life, making a blind man see, feeding 5,000 people loaves fishes, walking on water, and turning water into wine for hundreds. Wouldn't someone of these thousands have written something down? NOPE! Why would thousands of people who he supposedly helped want him crucified? The story is fishy at best. We don't know when he was born, don't have a clue what he looked like. But millions believe, mostly through family indoctrination......UNBELIEVABLE!

I find this post SPOT ON! It's odd how everyone keeps quoting or referring to a fictional work as if it were FACTUAL, especially after reading the above quoted post. If anyone claims to believe the Bible then they are suffering from what is called ANNIE WILKES SYNDROME,(look it up then reply). But wow, how can anyone use a work of fiction that has been translated & translated over & over as a legitimate source of an account of another story created by Constantine 300 years after the 'alleged' original story? THEN claim each letter & word of this book to be the absolute TRUTH? Truly unbelievable! Frightening actually...
Old 20-February-2012, 16:48
Screamager

My only thought on Religion, Jesus was a Jew, Therefore why is there more than one religion? Those who believe should therefore be Jewish or follow Judaism.

Taken from another site but it raises some good points.
Originally Posted by Doggy Doo View Post
I wonder if the person who wrote that, will be mocking God when he is being judged...
Old 20-February-2012, 23:09
Screamette

No....he'll be shaking in his shroud
Old 21-February-2012, 11:03
Screamager

Don't get me wrong each to there own beliefs. Just don't try and force it upon others.

Me I think there may or may not be something or someone and it may be on my last day on earth that I decide.

The Bible could well just be a bed time story that some parent started making up to read to a child to send them to sleep and it just grew.

You never know in a 1000/2000 years time the story or book may read like this.

Long long ago there was four religions The Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor.

The Slytherin was evil and always causing trouble for the other 3 which seemed to get on well.

One dark night Pontius Voldemort (the bad guy) had a dream that a young boy would grow up to be a powerful man and kill him, so Pontius Voldemort decided to kill all the young boys of a certain age.

And it goes on a bit and we then have book number one of a the new bible where a powerful man who can perform miracles, Fly on a broom, vanish in to thin air and with the use of stone It was sometimes believed he could use it for rejuvenation and possibly for achieving immortality.

And there we have the readings from the book "Philosopher's Stone" by Neville Longbottom about a man called Harry and his two followers Hermione and Ron.

Whoo hang on a minute did JK copy the Bible?

And this is what people say about the books now

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, along with the rest of the Harry Potter series, has been attacked by several religious groups and banned in some countries because of accusations that the novels promote witchcraft; however, some Christian commentators have written that the book exemplifies important Christian viewpoints, including the power of self-sacrifice and the ways in which people's decisions shape their personalities. Educators regard Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and its sequels as an important aid in improving literacy because of the books' popularity. The series has also been used as a source of object lessons in educational techniques, sociological analysis and marketing.
So what will they be saying in a 1000 years

Or the new Bible could start like this.

Long Long a go there was a Fellowship and a young boy called Frodo.

You get the rest

DD
Old 21-February-2012, 23:40
Screamette

Dream on!
Let's just say, when you know something for sure, nothing anyone else can say can change what you know
Old 21-February-2012, 23:48
Screamager

Dream on!
Let's just say, when you know something for sure, nothing anyone else can say can change what you know
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
Yes. Faith in God is unshakeable... unlike the lack thereof.
Old 22-February-2012, 00:04
Screamer

Look at unlokia, we are all being wound up because they are joking, why the f**k couldn't I see that earlier
Old 22-February-2012, 00:25
Screamager

Look at unlokia, we are all being wound up because they are joking, why the f**k couldn't I see that earlier
Originally Posted by Don kidick View Post
You are only getting yourself wound up, because you deny God and suppress truth. I can assure you that this is self-inflicted. I am not trying to wind you up, that's not how this is.

God is *absolute* truth. Either he exists or he is lying... and I cast much doubt on the latter. Why would he lie, when he cannot? It is impossible for one that forgives and loves without end or limit, and created the absolutes of the universe... love, truth, logic, peace, to be ANYTHING except God, and that means Holy & just, infallible in every way, as is the word of God.

You could do with reading Romans 1, instead of wasting time cursing those who love you and are showing you God's truth:

Romans 1

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
Our thoughts are not God's thoughts.

Also, read:

26 As snow in summer and rain in harvest,
So honor is not fitting for a fool.

2 Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow,
So a curse without cause shall not alight.

3 A whip for the horse,
A bridle for the donkey,
And a rod for the fool’s back.
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

6 He who sends a message by the hand of a fool
Cuts off his own feet and drinks violence.
7 Like the legs of the lame that hang limp
Is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
8 Like one who binds a stone in a sling
Is he who gives honor to a fool.
9 Like a thorn that goes into the hand of a drunkard
Is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
10 The great God who formed everything
Gives the fool his hire and the transgressor his wages.[a]
11 As a dog returns to his own vomit,
So a fool repeats his folly.
12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

13 The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the streets!”
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
So does the lazy man on his bed.
15 The lazy man buries his hand in the bowl;[b]
It wearies him to bring it back to his mouth.
16 The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes
Than seven men who can answer sensibly.

17 He who passes by and meddles in a quarrel not his own
Is like one who takes a dog by the ears.

18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”

20 Where there is no wood, the fire goes out;
And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases.
21 As charcoal is to burning coals, and wood to fire,
So is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22 The words of a talebearer are like tasty trifles,
And they go down into the inmost body.

23 Fervent lips with a wicked heart
Are like earthenware covered with silver dross.
24 He who hates, disguises it with his lips,
And lays up deceit within himself;
25 When he speaks kindly, do not believe him,
For there are seven abominations in his heart;
26 Though his hatred is covered by deceit,
His wickedness will be revealed before the assembly.

27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it,
And he who rolls a stone will have it roll back on him.

28 A lying tongue hates those who are crushed by it,
And a flattering mouth works ruin.
Noone needs to prove to you that God exists; who made you the judge? God is the judge of man, not man the judge of God. What foolishness, what arrogance to assume such a right, over the creator of all eternity and time itself. God exists, if only your eyes were open wider. Would you argue that a house had no builder, just because he isn't standing there with a hod full of bricks, wearing a hard hat? You cannot see the creator of the house you are sitting in, and yet you will agree that it was built, and built by design, regardless.

How would you react, were I to propose that a tornado came upon a builders yard, whisking bricks, wood, mortar & glass up into the air, and landing them down on the site where your house is built, perfectly arranged into the form of a house? "Preposterous! Nonsense!" you would reply... but "evolutionists" propose the very same theory with regards to the creation of everything...

Evolution theory
==========

Atheism is absurb, to say the least (I am making a point, not saying you're an atheist):

The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
So it can happen to things infinitely more complex than ANYTHING man made, but not our crude, primitive, man made structures and mechanisms?

Not looking too good for that theory, is it.

Last edited by unlokia; 22-February-2012 at 00:45.
Old 22-February-2012, 05:54
Screamette

I heard of a boy that came home from school full of the theory of evolution....
His Dad listened to everything he had to say.....
Later the Dad bought some flower seeds and planted them in the garden spelling out the boys name.....
A lot later, the boy was out playing in the garden and noticed his name in flowers in the garden and went to ask his Mum and Dad who'd planted the flowers
The Dad replied that it must have "just happened"
The boy refused to accept this answer and said "Somebody MUST have planted them like that"
The boy blindly accepted that the universe and everything in it just happened, because his teacher told him so, but when it came to believing something more simple and personal, he could discern the truth....
There IS a creator, things like that don't just happen
Old 22-February-2012, 14:29
Screamager

I heard of a boy that came home from school full of the theory of evolution....
His Dad listened to everything he had to say.....
Later the Dad bought some flower seeds and planted them in the garden spelling out the boys name.....
A lot later, the boy was out playing in the garden and noticed his name in flowers in the garden and went to ask his Mum and Dad who'd planted the flowers
The Dad replied that it must have "just happened"
The boy refused to accept this answer and said "Somebody MUST have planted them like that"
The boy blindly accepted that the universe and everything in it just happened, because his teacher told him so, but when it came to believing something more simple and personal, he could discern the truth....
There IS a creator, things like that don't just happen
Originally Posted by Tia View Post
That's a great story, Tia. I like! :-)

Tags
assembly, bad, dead, design, failure, free, google, happiness, happy, home, key, law, make, sound, virgin