Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 06-April-2015, 22:53
Trance Addict

Default Re: Car mechanics forum - help!

I can see exactly Vic where your coming from, and to a point I agree with you.

The annoying thing is that even when we refer things to TS there is no cast iron guarantee they will call the person back making the complaint, and there is certainly no commitment they will take any action on behalf of that person.

In some cases there has to be a criteria for TS to be able to offer assistance, anyone who is vulnerable and unable to act for themselves or has no capacity to resolve their own situation or follow the advice we give.

More often than not TS give more priority to someone who has been ripped off by trader calling to offer their services to pave a driveway, they take 500 up front for example and then never return to do the work and if they do then they do a very poor job of it.

They may in the example of the contaminated fuel take their own criminal case against the said trader or garage but this would not impact on any civil case, you or I or anyone else for that matter could raise against the trader if they had to pay out to have an expensive repair carried out because if said fuel. In that case we are talking consequential losses and at that point it really is upto to the judge to decide based on the balance of probabilities who is making the correct argument in that situation.

Whilst TS may not show interest in any given civil dispute they certainly do like to tackle and criminal breach of CPR legislation but even then there is no feedback to us a service as to what will happen - they do very much sadly appear to operate a cloak and dagger system - which I and my fellow advisers find very frustrating.
Old 04-January-2016, 10:35

Default Re: Car mechanics forum - help!

Garage rung this morning to advise they had a cancellation and could check car and do service.

Tags
accelerator, bad, battery, blocking, cancellation, car, computer, digital, failure, forward, fuel pump, google, happy, home, internet, lights, liverpool, lost, make, mechanics, shop, sound, speed, tools, van