Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Games

Old 30-December-2013, 21:57
Formerly exstreamuser

News! Back to the Future as Classic Games Become Available Online

The Internet Archive has recently created a section for classic video games from the 1970s and 1980s and made many available using beta software JavaScript MESS, which enables many consoles to be emulated within the browser.

Currently, there is no audio but there are plans to add this as well as a great many more games. Take a trip down memory lane!

I really am glad to see this, even if much falls within a legal grey area. I honestly think any software manufacturer could do themselves more harm than good by objecting to bring these long abandoned games back to life again. Of course, many of the manufacturers no longer exist but companies like Nintendo and Atari are still around. These games are just great for small screens!

In case you get a little lost on visiting the page, one has to click on the console first and then a list of applicable games is displayed.

In my case, I could not get the games to work in Firefox 26 and I have not spent any time trying to resolve this. I sure will be back though!

I'm trying to recall what my favourites were but I think this tended to change over time as they would often get overplayed! Did you have any favourites?

Tags
audio, files, internet, line, lost, online, software