Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 13-May-2007, 16:04
Screamager

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk*

Unfortunately I dont know anything that will rescue it. This is precisely why someone should edit the message on the first page to warn against this. (Unlokia? Moderators?), the mods have changed the title, but I dont think that's enough personally.
Originally Posted by ydrol View Post
I cannot edit it, as the edit button is nowhere to be seen
Old 13-May-2007, 16:05

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Its already been done.
Old 13-May-2007, 17:42
Screamager

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub 2700hgv **Upgrade at your own risk**

Its already been done.
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Hardly as subtle as it could have been... oh well, at least people won't miss it!!.
Old 13-May-2007, 17:51
Screamager

Hardly as subtle as it could have been...
Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
What do you mean by that statement ?
Old 13-May-2007, 17:54
Screamager

What do you mean by that statement ?
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb51 View Post
You can read, can't you?. Read the first post, and don't ask silly questions!.
Old 13-May-2007, 18:00
Screamager

Yes! I can read.

The title has now got a warning in it and another warning in red in the first post, what more do you want and dont talk to me like I am a (censored) idiot.
Old 13-May-2007, 18:10
Screamager

@ unlokia.

Please accept my sincere apologies, that text isn't that large in my browser, in FireFox its enormous. Sorry for being abrasive with you.
Old 13-May-2007, 19:39
Screamager

@ unlokia.

Please accept my sincere apologies, that text isn't that large in my browser, in FireFox its enormous. Sorry for being abrasive with you.
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb51 View Post
Accepted.
Old 13-May-2007, 19:59
Screamager

Old 14-May-2007, 15:31
shauno

Default Re: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

FYI lordy7, my bricked 2700GHV does indeed have two SSIDs AND the smaller
of the two bar codes ends with 007.
Old 14-May-2007, 21:36
linuxdoctor

Hi guys,

Recently moved offices at work and acquired an 18mth old 2700 (no fusion ssid).

Using (well, trying to!) on eclipse - now accepts a username other than @hgxx.btclick crap but it will not overwrite the default password in the PPPoE/A config page! It's flashed fine, disconnected from any dsl link so it can't get provisioning info, so I'm at a loss...

Tried different usernames but still the connection password stays the same.
Old 15-May-2007, 10:49
stumpy

I flashed my 2700HGV and, unfortunately I got a big, red, light on the Power indicator and the user guide says 'contact your technical support'.
However, I aquired my router through a friend, so I can't exchange.

Is there still no resolution for fried routers?
Cheers
Stumpy
Old 15-May-2007, 11:17
Syb0

can anyone help. i have had a unlocked Bt Business Hub 2700hgv for about 2 months now it has been working fine but last night the router keep restarting, so today i was half way tho flashing it again and the router restarted it self and crashed the upgrade now i cant do nothing with the router every page i go on to is blank and i cant get on to the router to flash it agin
Old 18-May-2007, 08:50
Screamager

Bum, just had a Fusion one delivered. Hopefully some firmware will be released to enable unlocking
Old 19-May-2007, 20:24
Screamager

I'm sick of the BT2700HGV!. Just down(UP, in my opinion)graded to the 2WIRE 1800HG, courtesy of BT's useless tech "support" (?!) line. As I am selling this item to a friend, I decided to create my very own "QUICKSTART GUIDE" for the BT2700HGV, for him, which I printed... but then I thought you guys may as well have it also!.

Link below V

http://rapidshare.com/files/32232317...ONFIG.pdf.html

Basic, SIMPLE configuration for the first time user.

Bum, just had a Fusion one delivered. Hopefully some firmware will be released to enable unlocking
Originally Posted by patioheater View Post
Fusion Schmusion Dillusion!. Who needs BT's "bleeding edge", cobbled-together interpretation of "technology"?. PAH!!
Old 19-May-2007, 20:27
Screamager

Thought you were a big fan Unlokia, you converted me

The honeymoon's over then lol
Old 19-May-2007, 20:29
Screamager

Thought you were a big fan Unlokia, you converted me lol
Times change, and life moves onward.. the 5.29.107.12/19 firmware is to blame for my recent discontent. Dropping offline so much, and the new "feature" that locks you into BT?!. Pah!.
Old 19-May-2007, 20:33
NewDayNewID

Classic case of bad workman blaming his tools!
Old 19-May-2007, 20:35
Screamager

Classic case of bad workman blaming his tools!
Originally Posted by NewDayNewID View Post
Classic case of annoying troll member, not knowing wtf he is on about. If I am a bad workman, then how come this thread, which has 60,000 odd views, has SO many contributors and thankful members?. If you look at page 1, you will find *I* started this thread, so I advise you to keep your unwanted trolling to a hush level please.
Old 19-May-2007, 20:38
NewDayNewID

Oh come off it. First it was the 2091, then the 2700, then the 1800. What next, a Vic 20?
Old 19-May-2007, 20:54
Screamager

Come on chaps, lets not get into a flame war over a piece of hardware.

It's Saturday night, just enjoy your weekend and chill out.

Old 19-May-2007, 20:59
NewDayNewID

Sorry. I spent the afternoon watching the most boring football game in history and feel cheated. Needed to let off steam. :-)
Old 19-May-2007, 21:07
Screamager

Well you cant win them all, just be a good sport and accept the loss, Lol.
Old 19-May-2007, 21:11
Screamager

Times change, and life moves onward.. the 5.29.107.12/19 firmware is to blame for my recent discontent. Dropping offline so much, and the new "feature" that locks you into BT?!. Pah!.
Originally Posted by unlokia View Post
Don't you have a choice as to wether to upgrade?

PS Watching Chelski is like watching paint dry, lets hope Abramovich hates it as much as me and sends the so called "Special One" back to Portugal where he belongs, or even Australia(is that far enough away?)

A hollow victory tbh, football the loser
Old 20-May-2007, 18:26
Screamager

Don't you have a choice as to wether to upgrade?

PS Watching Chelski is like watching paint dry, lets hope Abramovich hates it as much as me and sends the so called "Special One" back to Portugal where he belongs, or even Australia(is that far enough away?)

A hollow victory tbh, football the loser
Football is the most moronic waste of time, ever conceived, imho. If you are willing to allow the outcome of a group of grown "men" kicking a leather ball around a grass field, affect your mood and level of aggression, then I feel seriously worried for some people!.

Each man to his own interests, but the unhealthy obsession with this albeit pointless "sport", is a partial explanation as to why our beloved England is such a dire mess, in this day and age. Children see footballers, along with their disgustingly inflated salaries, as role models, along with film stars and the kind of trash that form the bulk of pulp publications such as "OK" magazine and "FHM" etc etc. If these morons are "role models" which they evidently are (as much as people will defend and deny such) then there is the problem!.

In days gone by, professors and intellectual members of society, were seen as the role model, and I strongly feel that this is where English society has fallen, by allowing the 'chav'-like empty-headed guys, to become more of a substantial influence, than those people in society with a *TRUE* understanding of core values and morality, such as the aforementioned intellectuals.

Money talks, b*llsh*t walks, as they say... it was surely never meant to be taken as literally as it is today?!. Speaks volumes about the intelligence of joe-average. I am not directing this at anyone on the forum btw, but the whole subject of football just got me thinking.

Hope you enjoyed my toned-down rant - sorry if I offended or veered off-topic, but you cannot compartmentalise emotion I am afraid, just keep it controlled if possible!.

Would someone mind explaining to me the whole 'point' of football?. Insult me all you will for my ignorance (?!) but I cannot seem to find one.
Old 20-May-2007, 19:38
Screamager

LOL The question was "Don't you have a choice as to wether to upgrade?"

Would someone mind explaining to me the whole 'point' of football?. Insult me all you will for my ignorance (?!) but I cannot seem to find one.

One can also apply this theory to the internet and forums in particular

"What's the point of poncing about on the internet in your spare time posting on forums or uploading hacked firmware"

The same as football, it's a pastime and as a pastime it's largely pointless apart from to the folk actually taking part, Its enjoyed by millions of participants worldwide and I happen to be one that enjoys both.

Do we need a "point" or an outcome to do something we enjoy?

As for the money involved, If you were in the position of being able to earn millions for doing something you enjoyed I'm sure you would grab it with both hands and so would I tbh and I'm sure most other normal folk would.

I could add to this but I don't really see the point lol
Old 20-May-2007, 20:45
NewDayNewID

What I don't get with you unlokia is why when you are on BT you want to play around with hacked firmware anyway?

It can't be to boost your signal. You said before that your wireless adapter is approx 1 metre away from your wireless modem, so what is the point?

Regarding what is wrong with England, I personally don't blame the chavs. We've always had chavs. A couple of generations ago the chavs made up a large proportion of our armed services in the World Wars.

The problem is the middle classes have stopped breeding. Too many people value a career and wealth above a family. That's just dumb on so many levels.

Thus endeth the sermon...
Old 20-May-2007, 23:53
Screamager

What I don't get with you unlokia is why when you are on BT you want to play around with hacked firmware anyway?

It can't be to boost your signal. You said before that your wireless adapter is approx 1 metre away from your wireless modem, so what is the point?

Regarding what is wrong with England, I personally don't blame the chavs. We've always had chavs. A couple of generations ago the chavs made up a large proportion of our armed services in the World Wars.

The problem is the middle classes have stopped breeding. Too many people value a career and wealth above a family. That's just dumb on so many levels.

Thus endeth the sermon...
To help people, and to fuel an insatiable desire to learn!. You see, I don't simply do something, if the only person to benefit is myself; I hack and I learn, for the sheer thrill of the experience, for it's OWN value alone, with no ulterior motive, most of the time.

It's a selfish world - I don't want to get (()) (()) cash-register-eye syndrome - I am just thankful that I am gifted, and that my talents can help others with their problems, without even THINKING about a financial reward... thanks *ALONE* is the most satisfying reward their is!!. To do something purely for financial gain, without taking the slightest bit of interest, is a waste of time to me, and I feel a waste of my life.

If I die a happy man, it will be because I have helped others out, and become wiser in the process, and not because I have showered myself with banknotes. How vulgar!.
Old 21-May-2007, 09:56
NewDayNewID

You hack and you learn? Evidence would suggest that you don't learn. You broke your 2091 by hacking it. You broke your 2700 by hacking it. Presumably you are going to break your 1800 by hacking it too!

The lesson here is, don't hack it unless you know what you are doing!

The other lesson should be to accept where you have gone wrong, and not pass the blame on to BT.

When you killed your 2091s, you blamed the router itself, and BT.
When you killed your 2700, you blamed the router itself, and BT.

There is nothing wrong with either of these routers!

Soon, no doubt, you will be blaming the 1800, and BT. Frankly, I am amazed that BT are, as you claim, sourcing you with an 1800HG. I am even more amazed, because BT stopped selling them a couple of years ago, but I will let that one go.

Now, you may accuse me of trolling, thats fine. But I am just making a point. Firmware upgrades should NOT be undertaken lightly. They should only be done as a last resort. The old adage "If it aint broke, don't fix it" is especially true with regards to firmware.

There is plenty of hacking to be done on any router without resorting to firmware upgrades.

To anybody reading this or the other firmware threads thinking of updating their firmware, don't do it unless you have to, and research the process before undertaking it. If it goes wrong you can have a fried router on your hands. This site itself has plenty of info on unlocking the 210, 2091 and 2500V, and they work. However, the 2700 upgrade is giving no end of grief, and you would be better off using DNS poisoning instead.
Old 21-May-2007, 10:21
ydrol

However, the 2700 upgrade is giving no end of grief, and you would be better off using DNS poisoning instead.
I've found flashing the 2700 causes no issues whatsoever, unless it's one of the new ones. Then it causes one specific problem - it dies.
I've flashed over 20, no complaints. If there were 'no end of grief' I'm sure I would have heard by now I've only had two die, and these were the new ones.
Now people know which ones not to flash, it should no longer be a problem.

DNS poisoning is indeed safer (but a little bit more involved for a newbie to set up after a reset compared to a flashed unit - assuming newbie didn't do the original flash) , but I think you're overstating your case in order to have a pop at Unlokia, not sure why..

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless