Old 10-July-2010, 12:54
noodlepoodle

Red face Paying twice

I have just found out that i have been paying for dial up and broadband for over 3 years. This might seem unbelievable to most of you but I am inexperienced and new to e-mails and hadn't questioned my direct debits until now. It amounts to over 720!!!!

I upgraded from dial up to broadband and they have continued to charge me for dial up which I don't use. I wrongly assumed that by upgrading they would no I don't require the dial up - what would be the point?

Is there any hope for me recovering some of my money back?

I have sent an e-mail about 2 hours ago and have yet to hear.
Old 11-July-2010, 00:12
Screamager

Default Re: Paying twice

Hi NP Welcome to THE SCREAM, 1st of all dialup is only chargeable as you use it......... as you say you have broadband as well so your dialup should have been stopped. To continue "dialup" your computer would need a 56K modem... find it, stop it, remove it,remove any phone connection from your computer (other than the broadband connection via filter unit) and get on to your ISP to find out what your current internet connection is... who is your ISP ? When we have more info my fellow sreamers will, I am sure be able to help you in your quest. Are you on cable or internet via copper phone line ?

JT
Old 11-July-2010, 08:10
noodlepoodle

Default Re: Paying twice

THANKS JAKTAR

I AM CURRENTLY WITH TISCALI/TALKTALK BUT AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING TO BT -RECEIVED MY MAC CODE FROM TALKTALK VIA E-MAIL - NO PROBLEM!!!! HOWEVER DURING THIS WHOLE PROCESS I REALISED I WAS PAYING WELL OVER THE ODDS AND QUERIED IT WITH THEM. HERE IS WHERE I AM UP TO WITH THEIR REPLIES-

"Thank you for contacting TalkTalk Customer Support regarding your billing account status.
I understand that you paid 15.53 for your account ------- for your June 2010 invoice. Please be advised that you have a package of Tiscali Broadband plus Free Weekend Talk at 14.99 which includes your phone call charges. The other charges are from your phone calls since you have your telephone service with Tiscali. Please also be advised that we are not providing you the line rental and you claimed that British Telecom is your service provider. This means that telephone call charges and line rental have different charges.

Moreover, I can verify that you have set-up a dial up account (Tiscali Any Time) on 15 August 2004 which remains active. Please be informed that during your set-up for a broadband account, the dial-up service has remained active. As a result, we have continued to bill you for the dial-up account. It is still necessary for you to cancel your dial-up account in order to avoid charges for both services.

If you wish to cancel your dial up service, please contact our Customer Care Team on 0871 222 3311, option 2. Lines are open from Monday to Sunday at 8am to 9pm.

I hope this clarifies the matter."

I THEN RECEIVED A SECOND REPLY FROM A DIFFERENT PERSON -

""I understand your concern about the charges made on your dial-up account after you have upgraded it to a broadband account. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our records show that you have separate accounts for broadband and dial-up services with the customer codes ------ and -------, respectively. These services are both active the reason you are being charged at the same time.

For your information, we can refund the charges made for the dial-up account. However, we will be needing these two account to be fully cancelled first before we can process the refund. Since you are in the process of transferring your services to your new provider, I suggest you to contact us back once you services go live with them. We will also need your request to cancel your dial-up account for us to process the termination.

If you have further enquiries, feel free to call our Customer Care Team on 0871 222 3311. Lines are open everyday from 8am to 9pm. "

iTS ALL VERY CONFUSING CAN ANYBODY HELP?

Tags
broadband, bt, cable, computer, connection, free, internet, isp, line, mail, modem, phone, talk, talktalk, tiscali, tiscali broadband