Old 05-May-2007, 21:18
click123

Default BT Home HUB printing

I have a BT Home Hub and a Brother DCP 340CW Printer but can not get it to work over the BT home hub. the hub sees the printer but i can not print to it. if i set it up on my Belkin hub it work ok. as anyone got a wireless printer working on the BT home hub???
Need help please
Old 06-May-2007, 10:30

Default Re: BT Home HUB

Hi Click123,

Welcome to TS!

I moved your thread as most of the BY hub action seems to be in this forum and hopefully someone who can help will spot it.

Thanks,
Sil
Old 07-May-2007, 16:01
Austin_KW

Default Re: BT Home HUB printing

I have a BT Home Hub and a Brother DCP 340CW Printer but can not get it to work over the BT home hub. the hub sees the printer but i can not print to it. if i set it up on my Belkin hub it work ok. as anyone got a wireless printer working on the BT home hub???
Need help please
Originally Posted by click123 View Post
If that is a multifunction printer, then I think you are out of luck. Only simple 'printer class' usb devices appear to be supported. I dont think the usb on the home hub will not support any hubs or chain of devices (allinone printers are just a number of devices behind a usb hub).

Similarly the usb will only support one disk, you cannot add a hub and attach more than one network attached storage disk.

The home hub has been hacked to support the speedtouch firmware. You might try asking in the forum posts if that firmware has more printer support.
Old 03-August-2012, 20:57
Screamer

Has anyone actually succeeded in getting a wireless printer working with the BT Home Hub 2.0 and if so what make? I've tried and failed with 3 different printers and there seem to be a lot of similar posts here. I'm starting to think it's a fault with the hub.
Old 22-March-2013, 17:20
Screamer

had the same trouble with the USB on the home hub, even tried HP wireless print server that never worked either, In the end bouts a cheap wired print server running some rubbish firmware, I put SNAKEOS on it and can now print fine, the printer connects to the tiny print server via USB and any print jobs over wired or wireless get sent to the server in raw form (port 9001) and get printed.

Tags
belkin, bt, bt home hub, firmware, hacked, home, home hub, hub, make, network, port, speed, speedtouch, wireless