Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods

Old 20-January-2010, 16:49
chilli1327

Default Re: Unlocking a Bell 2Wire 2701HG-G modem

So did you ever enn up getting this to work for you. i am in the same boat you are in with the 2wire and acanac, but I don't want to download the wrong flash and brick my modem. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Originally Posted by agepag View Post
Well for everyone trying to get there Bell 2wire gateway, specifically the 2701HG-G, to work, I followed the directions given and flashed with the Singtel firmware and it worked. Had to actually flash it twice to get rid of all the Bell logo's, so now I am just waiting for a generic 2701HG-G firmware to make sure all the features are available. And for those of you whose wireless light is not working, you actually need a wireless device linking to make the light flash.
Old 25-January-2010, 00:56
Rifter321

Made an account just to post here:
the above method to flash and unlock the 2701hg-g (Bell) modem bricked it for me.

I used the sigtel firmwave.

The lights on my modem are on, the ethernet and power but I cannot access the modem itself through the browser. Just keep getting an error connecting.

So yea, beware before trying it out. I have no idea why it worked for all these other people but not for me :P
Old 25-January-2010, 17:56
Screamager

Made an account just to post here:
the above method to flash and unlock the 2701hg-g (Bell) modem bricked it for me.

I used the sigtel firmwave.

The lights on my modem are on, the ethernet and power but I cannot access the modem itself through the browser. Just keep getting an error connecting.

So yea, beware before trying it out. I have no idea why it worked for all these other people but not for me :P
Originally Posted by Rifter321 View Post
If the lights are Green then it's not bricked, it's only when the power light is red that you have to worry

Default login is 192.168.1.254. is your pc's IP addy set manually outside that range perhaps?
Old 04-February-2010, 01:38
w8ing

Is it possible to convert 2701 HG-G into a wireless bridge?

I already have Internet service with Bell (using 2701 HG-G) and also have another Identical Modem/Router (2701 HG-G) which I would like to convert to a wireless bridge.

I am a novice, and a step by step instruction will be greately appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-February-2010, 09:50
Azus

It worked!! Decided to just say screw it and I flashed the modem and it's working perfectly now. Everything is unlocked and just fine.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Majoram View Post
how do you make JTag ? and what is JTag i do a bad flash and now the power led is flashing
the wireless led stay green and nothing is working :S
Old 06-February-2010, 10:44
Azus

How do i recover from a bad flash; the modem i have is a 2700hg-g

How do i recover from a bad flash for this model? the power light is red the ethernet light will not come on, enternet light red, dsl light red; and my computer is stating that a cable is disconnected (ethernet cable). I updated my drivers and i get the same response. Also i have a backup router that is working fine and is having no problem surfing the net and is picking up the ethernet cable.
Originally Posted by PAPOLUCCA View Post

Do you find a solution i have the same probleme :S
Old 24-February-2010, 03:03
hakerbitz

I had the problem of the modem bringing me to the bell setup page every time i went to access a website.
I got around it by borrowing my friends pppoe bell login and completing the setup wizard. after the setup screen went away, i switched it back to mine.. no problems since.. cheers
Old 25-February-2010, 14:42
elhilayla

Hi falks
I was following all from the last 9 months.
My wireless doers not work, unfortunately I could not log to my ISP: ACN
ACN does not have WIRELESS service but I believe it should not be a problem!
I'm half way from getting it, any CLUE!
Old 17-March-2010, 12:19
Atvaark

just to inform you guys, to prevent the addition of the @singtel.com, you have to do this.
access the system summary page, then run the system setup wizard.
you have to enter a keycode, which is normally linked to your isp, however, here is the manual setup (unlocked) code.

5225-2374-WG62-22AS-BJ7P

then click on advanced, and carefully configure your isp.
as a note, acanac will require a VCI of 35 instead of the default 100.

click save, restart. make sure the settings are really there, because for some reason it might not completely be saved. go to broadband link then advanced settings. make sure your settings are correct there one more time and save it.if you want to use another router with it, use bridged LLC. also disabling the wireless on it is a good idea if you're using another wireless router.
Old 22-March-2010, 00:32
koj

hi, I followed the steps above and got the SingTel firmware on my modem, only problem is it won't connect to the internet. I am in Canada and have Acanac service which is plug n play - any thoughts? something I need to change in the setup? I'm way outside of my computergeek comfort zone, so I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks so much for this, by the way, these comments have been very helpful.

:e
Old 23-March-2010, 21:51
Screamager

hi, I followed the steps above and got the SingTel firmware on my modem, only problem is it won't connect to the internet. I am in Canada and have Acanac service which is plug n play - any thoughts? something I need to change in the setup? I'm way outside of my computergeek comfort zone, so I'd appreciate any ideas.

Originally Posted by koj View Post
You need to know your adsl username and password before you go any further
Old 23-March-2010, 22:10
Former TS! Team

Some adsl companies don't use username and passwords.
In the uk an example of this is "Be" llu.
Old 24-March-2010, 17:30
Screamager

Some adsl companies don't use username and passwords.
In the uk an example of this is "Be" llu.
Originally Posted by Memfis View Post
True, true, in which case he will still need to know the settings
Old 29-April-2010, 16:37
hyz

That should not be a problem for Acanac,
I unblock this modem, and use on Acanac, it work fine.
You can try to talk with their technical support, my case is that they forget to tell me add the @acanac.net to the end of your user ID.
The other possibile reason is that you need to set the PIC/VCI to 0.35

Originally Posted by koj View Post
Old 24-May-2010, 06:54
Renegade

As others have confirmed, I'd just like to corroborate that I've flashed the Singtel firmware (2wire_reinstall_voice_5.29.117.3.2sp) onto my 2wire 2701 HG-E provided by Bell Sympatico and it works fine. It appears to be a slightly older firmware (the original was *.133) and as others have noted there are various Singtel esoterica (i.e. the logos and adding of "@singtel" to the username); however they are not major problems and can be ignored/worked around. The important factor for me was the ability to access the Management Diagnostic Console (password is "2wire") so that I could switch it to Bridged mode (in order to do this, first disable wireless networking (via the Network tab), then go into the MDC (http://gateway.2wire.net/mdc) and disable under Configure Services, disable Routing (full instructions here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10495).

Thanks to OP and everyone for the info in this thread!
Old 14-August-2010, 23:37
Jacket Man

Anyone know how to change the MTU from 1500 to 1450 in the new firmware 6.1.1.48.1-enh.tm?

Every time I try I get the message:

Errors
Invalid PPP username.

It's the 4201-003-003-008 and Hardware Version: 2701-100589-005.

I've used the method below to use it on TalkTalk:

http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/063.htm#Entering your ISP supplied username and password

I couldn't get this flashed with the singtel or the old BT F/W but I have managed to use it on a non BT line.

The wireless power is low (level 1) and pretty poor and of course I can't change the MTU settings.

Anyone know how?
Old 26-September-2010, 22:20
sup

need help here
first let me say hello to everyone here.
ok i have flashed my 2701 and everthing went fine, but i must be missing something because my internet light is red and all other lights are green, can anyone help me. btw im trying to set it up for acanac.
Old 19-October-2010, 06:09
rani_wish

Hi everyone,

I had this modem with bell and i switched to acanac. The thing is bell cut the internet and now I have a red internet light on modem. I can surf the internet when i made a new broadband connection with the 2wire 2700 HG modem as per acanac instructions. The internet works but disconnects itself unfotunately. Email and many features dont work. I saw this post I though of unlocking it.

However, I cannot seem to find an access to the modem tried 192.168.1.254, 198.168.1/tech/upgrade.html, gateway.2wire..... website aswll. No success whatsoever, everytime i do this the borwser shows me a blank page or internt connection was reset.
Any solution or help is appreciated. Also does anyone else had a red light on interent when jus starting out with acanac.

Acanac users Please help! Really appreciate it.
Old 30-October-2010, 23:15
d_ino

Hi All,

Firstly THANKS, this worked a treat!!

Had a Bell 2701HG-G lying around in Toronto, took it to IL and flashed it, TAKE note the IP address does change to 192.168.1.254, past that, setup up the ADSL with 0/35vpi/vci worked a treat, not problems at all yet.

Cheers for all the help
Dino
Old 16-November-2010, 07:03
ViuDo

Hi, im from Mexico.

I searching a firmware update for:

Model: 2wire 4011G-001 Gateway
Hardware Version: 2701-000784-000
Software Version : 9.1.1.12

My ISP is Telmex, i cant find a upgrade, in your country, there are models like this?

Thx for ur comments.
Old 17-November-2010, 20:11
Screamager

Hi, im from Mexico.

I searching a firmware update for:

Model: 2wire 4011G-001 Gateway
Hardware Version: 2701-000784-000
Software Version : 9.1.1.12

My ISP is Telmex, i cant find a upgrade, in your country, there are models like this?

Thx for ur comments.
Originally Posted by ViuDo View Post
You might get more joy here

https://www.underground.org.mx/?PHPS...&topic=18527.0

Oooops see you have already visited
Old 18-November-2010, 16:26
Bazru

Hi! I here recently. I have purchased the modem - 2WIRE BT BUSINESS HUB WIRELESS ROUTER (BT2700HGV)
I can use it with others ISP? What I need to make? Thanks!
Old 30-December-2010, 06:04
grh43

I have a 2Wire 2701HG-G Modem.
I have switched from DSL to cable. Can I somehow use the 2701HG-G as a wireless network?
When i run the line from the Cable modem to the 2701, i can get internet with my wired connection, but not my wireless connections. My laptop can see it and other computers on the wireless network, but ot my desktop. Any Ideas how to get the wireless connections to work?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-February-2011, 04:13
abbtpo123

k thanks. Time to read.
Originally Posted by Majoram View Post
hey guys well i am a basic user of these 2 wires modem mean i can just program ( puting the user name n passwird from ISP ) n set the wifi siting but recently i got a 2wire2701GH-G modem and when i went to the page 192.168.1.254 it says singtel or something like that n then i ve read on this forums that i had to upgrade the firmeware in ordre to get to work this modem on ma ISP n then i tried to upgrade the firmeware from the website called Comunidad Underground de Méxicoand i downloaded the file 2700hgv_.5-29-107_kogt2s-firmware2wire but when i finished i got all the leed RED now its not working SO IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO IT or should i get another modem ? also i request if some had to ask anything abt firmware version or somthing plzzz DO guide me how to get the info u NEED to know thanksssssss
Old 16-October-2011, 05:46
mcbain

same here, 2701hg-g router from bell, flashed with second post firmware to use with acanac.

everything is fine except no wireless anymore, no light at all.

any solutions?
Old 27-October-2011, 16:34
odraude

HI everyone! Still bringing up this old thread....
I have tried to unlock my 2wire 2701hgv-c with the firmware from qwest but it didn't work as well as i expected. The router now shows as a new AP 2wire695, i am able to connect to it wireless, as well as with my lan cable. What i am not able to do is to access the setup page via my browser. Anyone have any idea if there is a solution or the router is now a brick? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 15-November-2011, 18:49
Screamager

HI everyone! Still bringing up this old thread....
I have tried to unlock my 2wire 2701hgv-c with the firmware from qwest but it didn't work as well as i expected. The router now shows as a new AP 2wire695, i am able to connect to it wireless, as well as with my lan cable. What i am not able to do is to access the setup page via my browser. Anyone have any idea if there is a solution or the router is now a brick? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Originally Posted by odraude View Post
Default login for Q-West firmware is 192.168.0.1
Old 08-March-2012, 22:05
Screamer

Hi Patioheater!
please help unlock my 2wire 2701HGV-B. I badly speak in English, but I hope to sort it out with your help.
Old 23-March-2012, 04:07
Screamager

It's all here

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t22658.html?

Tags
2wire, bad, broadband, bt2700hgv, cable, computer, dead, dns, feature, files, firmware, flash, free, hgv, home, internet, isp, lights, lock, make, modem, phone, product, router, screen, settings, slow, unlock, web, wireless, zone