Go Back   The Scream! > COMMUNITY FORUMS > General Chatty Stuff

Old 20-January-2014, 16:35
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: The Toilet Roll Debate - Over or Under??

How the other half live! You mean you can afford five spare toilet rolls at today's prices!!!!
Originally Posted by Worldlife View Post

Only because we buy them in bulk when they're on offer!!
Old 20-January-2014, 21:13
Screamette

Default Re: The Toilet Roll Debate - Over or Under??

B....definitely B
Old 20-January-2014, 22:43
Safe Sane Consensual

Only because we buy them in bulk when they're on offer!!
Originally Posted by jenonnet View Post
That sounds a good idea - throw away the paper hankies and use cheap bulk purchase toilet tissues. Perhaps snot the best thing to do when there are colds around!
Old 21-January-2014, 00:34
Foxy Lady

That sounds a good idea - throw away the paper hankies and use cheap bulk purchase toilet tissues. Perhaps snot the best thing to do when there are colds around!

What's paper hankies got to do with toilet paper??????
Old 21-January-2014, 05:39
Safe Sane Consensual

What's paper hankies got to do with toilet paper??????
What a small life you lead if you have never used a toilet tissue instead of a paper hankie !!!

In the middle of a sneezing bout would it make a difference whether the roll was over or under?
Old 21-January-2014, 12:23
Foxy Lady

I must admit the only time I have used paper tissues as toilet paper is in a public convenience when there was a lack of the correct paper.

euwww!! Re: in the middle of a sneezing bout!! You'd just have to have two, one over, one under!!
Old 21-January-2014, 15:24
Safe Sane Consensual

Wondering if the over or under position is better for dog pulling?

OTH multi-function toilet rolls could be quite useful.

You could mummify the pesky pet that pulls the entire content of the roll all over the floor!
Old 21-January-2014, 19:13
Foxy Lady

I would imagine that under would be better for dog pulling as once the momentum picks up it will unravel far easier.

Although the better suggestion would be to teach your dog not to do it!
Old 29-January-2014, 10:41
Safe Sane Consensual

Have we, so to speak, come to the end of the roll?
Old 30-January-2014, 09:09
Foxy Lady

Have we, so to speak, come to the end of the roll?
It seems that we have Worldlife... there's only so much two people can say about which way round a toilet rool should be placed.
Old 30-January-2014, 18:38
Safe Sane Consensual

It seems that we have Worldlife... there's only so much two people can say about which way round a toilet rool should be placed.
Don't agree we have barely covered the topic!

There are factors such as the thickness and weight of the paper and how many sheets to the roll and the space between the perforations
Old 30-January-2014, 22:20
Foxy Lady

Don't agree we have barely covered the topic!

There are factors such as the thickness and weight of the paper and how many sheets to the roll and the space between the perforations

Noooooo!!!! All that thinking will make my head hurt far too much!!!
It's bad enough having to think so much at work all day without having to do it here too!! Evenings are for relaxing, not thinking!!
Old 31-January-2014, 16:45
Safe Sane Consensual

Noooooo!!!! All that thinking will make my head hurt far too much!!!
It's bad enough having to think so much at work all day without having to do it here too!! Evenings are for relaxing, not thinking!!
For people like Jen our supermarket sets out the price per sh**t. You can then see if it over or under the price of competitors.
Old 02-February-2014, 11:23
Foxy Lady

For people like Jen our supermarket sets out the price per sh**t. You can then see if it over or under the price of competitors.
Don't even think I'll go there Vic, far too much information for my delicate constitution!!
Old 02-February-2014, 17:00
Safe Sane Consensual

Don't even think I'll go there Vic, far too much information for my delicate constitution!!
Bare with me a little longer ...............

Had you thought that the price per sheet should be cheaper if each sheet is slightly undersize?

"Since the number of sheets per roll of toilet paper can vary significantly among brands, use the number of square feet per package to compare costs. Also consider that you’re likely to use fewer sheets with multi-ply rolls than with single-ply ones. If you're looking for information about toilet paper, Consumer Reports is your best resource"
See:-

Best toilet papers wipe out top brands
Old 03-February-2014, 00:30
Foxy Lady

Had you thought that the price per sheet should be cheaper if each sheet is slightly undersize?

Of course undersized sheets should be cheaper but they would still be a false economy as you would need to use more to the the same effect as larger sheets and lesser amount.
Old 03-February-2014, 10:14
Safe Sane Consensual

Of course undersized sheets should be cheaper but they would still be a false economy as you would need to use more to the the same effect as larger sheets and lesser amount.
Here is where male dominated facts have regard to the emotional response of our female members.

Who would think of sending out a posh typed letter on anything less than 100 gm quality paper. 80 gm would not look impressive at all. Copy paper would show you to be a cheapjack.

Size is therefore not the most important thing here and the same applies to toilet tissues

Tensile strength is also critical but what is needed for one task may be overkill for others
Old 03-February-2014, 20:28
Foxy Lady

You don't need posh paper to wipe your backside on Vic, you need good sized reliable paper!!

What's all this about male dominated facts over female emotional response???!!! Methinks you are trying too hard to prove males have the superior brains... I, on the other hand, do not need to prove anything, as my argument speaks for itself and shows superiority of the female intellect!

Assuming all paper was the same tensile strength, as this was not disputed in the first place, the size of the sheets obviously makes a difference to the economy of the rolls and smaller sized sheets are most definitely false economy as you will need to use more per 'visit' and therefore the roll will be used up more quickly, therefore, larger sized sheets mean fewer used at a time, which means the roll will last longer and will make it more economical in the long run.
Old 04-February-2014, 10:12
Safe Sane Consensual

Jen methinks you are confusing the difference between the tensile strength needed for blotting or drying with that needed for wiping deposits of different constituency

Could this be a case ,on environmental grounds, to have two toilet rolls in each bathroom?

BTW I do not need to show anything

It is self evident ****giggles***
Old 04-February-2014, 20:54
Foxy Lady

Oh dear no Vic, I am not confusing anything!! I may be a tad dazed & confused in myself at times but I'm not confusing the difference between the tensile strength and that needed for wiping deposits of different consistency.

Both activities need a good decent thickness and strength on a fair sized sheet... otherwise fingers will be going through paper and ending up who knows where!! (well actually we do know where but I'm not mentioning that here!)

Women do not necessarily blot, most wipe, whether for the No. 1 or No. 2 activity, wiping is essential to ensure dryness and cleanliness. Therefore, the above type of paper is needed. I hate thin, small sized sheets of paper, they do not do the job they were made for properly and often disintegrate under use. Due to this, we use more to ensure a decent thickness to stop the finger going where not intended situation and as we use more, it then becomes less cost effective.
Old 04-February-2014, 22:17
Safe Sane Consensual

May I keep to the spirit of the original poster to extend the discussion as to whether you pull wet wipes from the packet by use of the thumb and first finger or the thumb and second finger?

If one wet wipe equals four standard toilet tissues which is the best to use on environmental grounds?

Don't forget as an uncircumnavigated male I too have experience of using toilet tissue for hygiene purposes!!

It might be useful to point out that one must be careful not to leave a wee bit of tissue behind. When it dries and drops off it can result in a small torpedo shaped piece of hard paper. One hopes to spot it before your partner or the dog!!
Old 05-February-2014, 14:05
Foxy Lady

Getting far too near the knuckle for my sensibilities now!! ..... and I really don't even want to think about uncircumnatigated or otherwise males losing tissue!!!! ... far too much for my brain to deal with (and my stomach!!) euwwwww!!!!!
Old 05-February-2014, 16:00
Safe Sane Consensual

Getting far too near the knuckle for my sensibilities now!! ..... and I really don't even want to think about uncircumnatigated or otherwise males losing tissue!!!! ... far too much for my brain to deal with (and my stomach!!) euwwwww!!!!!
Wow - could that be a cause for a triumphal trumping of the Mistress of innuendo?

Oh I failed to mention another use of toilet tissue. When I used to cut myself shaving I used toilet tissue to help the blood to staunch the flow of blood. I suppose, in the interest of equality you will claim similar experience and knowledge?
Old 06-February-2014, 00:37
Foxy Lady

No it most certainly doesn't mean triumphal trumping of the Mistress of innuendo!! All it means is that I'm a sensitive soul who doesn't paint graphic pictures but rather leaves those kinds of things to the imagination... which, may I add, can do a far better job most of the time that actually painting that graphic picture!!

As for the alternative use of toilet tissue... I can remember when I was small my dad used to come out of the bathroom with little bits of it stuck to his face sometimes... and yes, when older I myself have used it pr the same purpose but on my legs!! That is until I discovered the delightful Epilady... pulls the hairs out by the roots and discourages growth. Hairs grow back at different times and are thinner & whispier, eventually not growing anymore at all... I have no hairs on my legs at all now and haven't had for years, all thanks to my Epilady. Once I found out how good it was on the legs I added my bikini line to the areas needing attention of my Epilady and had the tidiest lady garden for miles!!

I loved it & actually still have it. I've often tried to persuade friends & family to use it too over the years, all without any success as they tried it once & ran away screaming, vowing never to use it again!! Think I must have a very high pain threshold, either that or they all have very low ones!!!
Old 06-February-2014, 03:48
Safe Sane Consensual

Mrs Worldlife's shaver had to be replaced and she left me to buy a new one as a present.

Found there was a special offer from Philips of a package including epilator and shaver heads both large and small. I looked up "Which?" before buying and found that the number of pluckers is a key thing for efficiency and minimising pain.

Mrs Worldlife doesn't think there is much pain - just stinging. Makes the legs very smooth and silky in all directions,

With holiday time approaching I am wondering if I may need to get my gardening gloves out again to do some tidying up and whether to use the strimmer or shears

So whilst in the bathroom and near the toilet roll holder should we mention eyebrow plucking or problems with nasal or ear hairs?
Old 07-February-2014, 00:10
Foxy Lady

I agree with Mrs Worldlife, to me there wasn't any pain either, just a slight 'tweak' that was over in a second and my legs were fine afterwards.

My Epilady was the first to be sold commercially, it had a coil that moved and trapped the hairs as you ran it across the skin... it was & still is very effective, although I hardly ever use it now as the hairs stopped growing back years ago... I just don't like to get rid of it in case I do need it again, although I can't think why but one never knows!!

As for eyebrow plucking, I haven't needed to do that either since being on my chemo treatment... it made me lose my eyelashes and thinned my eyebrows & hair. My hair has stayed thin ever since, eyelashes finally grew back but not long & thick & curled like they used to be & my eyebrows stayed thinner ... the shape of them has always been good, so I never needed to change it.

Ear & nasal hair has never been a problem for me... the female of the species rarely has difficulties in that area thank goodness!!
Old 07-February-2014, 06:25
Safe Sane Consensual

WARNING - THIS POST IS SLIGHTLY OFF THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD

Thanks for sharing!

How can an omnipotent or caring God allow the spread of awful conditions like this particularly those affecting young children? If God (whether He or She!) blames the Devil then surely that God is not omnipotent.

Rather than thanks to God I thank the medical teams of humans that treated you and your spirit and willpower to overcome.

That spirit dear Jen is also in what you write here and to others
Old 07-February-2014, 21:25
Foxy Lady

Bless you Worldlife.

The way I see it, we are put here to learn and to be able to learn and become stronger, better people, we need to experience adversities ... it's like the saying 'You can't appreciate the sunshine without experiencing the rain'. There are terrible things in life that we have to endure, the worst for me was the death of my granddaughter at 10 months old, which really did test my own faith in the powers that be... but if you do believe then you have to have the faith that whatever happens does so for a reason, even if you can't see what it is.

If everything was perfect and nothing bad ever happened, this wouldn't be Earth, it would be Heaven and we, as we are now, wouldn't be worthy to be there!
Old 07-February-2014, 22:19
Safe Sane Consensual

I wonder if we might best sit in a candlelit room and listen to Leonard Bernstein's musical of "Candide" based of Votaire's consideration of the issues raised in our last few posts.

Old 08-February-2014, 00:30
Foxy Lady

What a good idea, he does raise many valid points in his writings and what better way to muse over these than your suggestion.

Tags
bad, compare, government, happy, home, key, law, line, make, offer, public, sharing, shop