Old 23-December-2017, 16:20
Foxy Lady

Smile Seasons Greetings

Wishing all Scream! members a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope 2018 proves to be your best year yet. xx
Old 27-December-2017, 21:07
Scrimper

Default Re: Seasons Greetings

Happy New Year.

Have to be honest I have never been a fan of the new year, I always find it to be a sad time. sort of pulling the final curtain down on the past.
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 27-December-2017, 22:46
Foxy Lady

Smile Re: Seasons Greetings

Happy New Year.

Have to be honest I have never been a fan of the new year, I always find it to be a sad time. sort of pulling the final curtain down on the past.
Originally Posted by druid View Post
But it's also new beginnings Druid, a chance to put things right if they need it and to start your life again on the track you want it to go. New Year, new start. 😊
Old 28-December-2017, 11:41
Scrimper

But as I am getting older I start to think "I haven't got much time left to do the things I want to do" and that's another year gone now.

And as you get older the years just race by.
A part dropped from the workbench will roll to a degree of un-reachability proportional to its importance.
Old 28-December-2017, 11:56
Foxy Lady

Yes that's true, the older you get the quicker the years seem to pass, but at least you're here and can do some of the things you want to do. I don't think there is anyone who does everything they want to before they go. Just do what you can and enjoy your life, there are plenty who can't. 😊
Old 29-December-2017, 12:17
Scrimper

Funny you should say that, my wife and I are keen cyclists and sometimes the weather turns bad and it's wet and cold and we get a bit fed up and wish we were back home. I always say to my wife "some poor person stuck in a wheelchair would do anything to be able to do what we are doing" so we should be grateful.

Last Sunday for example it was as I described above so to cheer the wife up I sang a few carols, she speeded up and we got home sooner, (she speeded up to try to get away from hearing me)!
Old 29-December-2017, 12:34
Foxy Lady

Haha! You're right there, you can always find someone whose off than you Druid. For me, the glass is always half full, not half empty. You can find good thinness in your situation no matter what it is. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a very painful, debilitating illness that gets worse the longer you have it, but at least I can still do some things for myself, even if not much anymore, at least I'm not in a wheelchair yet, at least I've still got my faculties, despite the memory loss and 'brain fog' it causes. So the glass, once again, is half full not half empty! 😊 No sense in looking back at what was, look forward from today onwards... Today is the first day of the rest of your life, so go for it! 😊 😊

Tags
bad, christmas, forward, happy, home