Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > P2P File Sharing

Old 07-October-2009, 22:11
moruman

Question How do you upload on e-mule?

hi everyone, does anyone know how to upload on e-mule? a friend of mine informed me that if i imported a dvd to my hard drive, then moved it to my e-mule "incoming" folder then the upload would automatically take place. this did not work.

i have also been told that the files have to be compressed prior to moving them into the incoming folder ? any help will be much appreciated.

on other sites the upload procedure is straight forward, such as "watchme.com" but i cannot see any info at all on the e-mule information pages. moruman.
Old 08-October-2009, 00:14

Default Re: How do you upload on e-mule?

fairly easy though not obvious!

goto the 'shared files' button, then on the left use the navigation thing to find the folder that has the movies, then right click and pick share directory

then once they are in the list on the right, right click and pick ed2k links.. then copy that link and pass it around if you want to share it w/ ppl you know

there's no compression required or anything like that,.

obviously you should only share content that you own copyright on etc for legal reasons
Old 08-October-2009, 21:15
moruman

Smile Re: How do you upload on e-mule?

hi silver, thankyou for your prompt information.

at first i could not get the ed2 links to activate, you can see it in the pick list but it is not in bold, however i did not realise that it takes 2or3 minutes for e-mule to give the file from my folder a hash etc. once this has occured then the ed2 link is activated and i was able as you described to copy the link. many thanks. moruman.
Old 12-October-2009, 22:47
moruman

Question E-mule. Still can't upload ?

hi silver, i managed to get my movie listed on the e-mule "incoming list" but when i tried to set up the ED2 links the "apply" button was not available in bold, i just pressed the "copy" button but nothing happened ?

i am getting d/loads of up to 300mb/sec. and up/loads up to 25mb/sec. connected to kad and ed2k.

everything i have d/loaded from the site is being picked up by other users, p2p, but my movie is just not working ? any idea what is happening. ?
many thanks. moruman.

Tags
files, forward