Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	2352

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00030.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	2353

BT's Broadband package should include the following simple DIY instructions:

Step 1: If you are not already a retired BT engineer, please find one, possibly a neighbour who lives in your village.

Step 2: Use your ladders to climb the pole outside of your house.

Step 3: Use your old BT tools to temporarily disconnect your line and those of your neighbours, letting some but not all of the water inside the lines drain away.

Step 4: Remove the old, buckled, twisted, water logged and rusted BT42, for which the lid does not fit. This may in some cases be the same BT42 which you attached to the pole some 34 years ago when BT was Post Office Telephones and the boxes were known to be rubbish.

Step 5: Crimp the lines back together and place in a sandwich bag (generously provided by you.)

Step 6: Descend the ladder and check your broadband connection with a speed test. Yours may have improved slightly but your neighbours are the best they’ve ever had. In some cases wait until morning for the connections to finish drying out and hope that it never rains again.

Step 7: Wait in all day on 19/12/12 for a BT engineer to arrive to replace said sandwich bag, then find out that no engineer was assigned the job anyway.

Step 8: Wait in all day on 21/12/12, for a BT engineer to arrive to replace said sandwich bag, then realise that everybody is ignoring you.

Step 9: Write a letter to BT to tell them that you have had enough and would sooner pay any other company but them.

Step 10: Hope that you have the opportunity to pay your final bill before your details are passed to a credit reference agency.

Step 11: Watch the weather forecast - if it is going to rain then expect your speed to drop and you will feel like you’re still on dial up.

Barry Squire

Originally from Shaftesbury Telephone Exchange, Dorset.
Old 05-January-2013, 11:49

Default Re: So what's the problem???

Step 9: Write a letter to BT to tell them that you have had enough and would sooner pay any other company but them.
Originally Posted by bazza74 View Post
But its not BT It Bt Openreach lol and seeing as they are in Mborc thats why theres the delys on fixing faults. so even if you did pay someone else you would still be waiting for BT Openreach to come and fix it
Old 05-January-2013, 12:39
Screamer

Hi

BT Openreach is still BT to me as I am old school remember. Besides it isn't a Openreach problem it is a BT Broadband problem as confirmed by the engineers on the telephone. Plus I don't believe in coincidences - as I write this I have an engineer waiting in my kitchen for a platform to arrive. He says the problem is most probably in the line crossing my street.

I'll keep you posted on what they find.

Barry
Old 05-January-2013, 16:41

But the cable is BT Openreach hence a line fault or on the pole that needs a hoist for as its an electric pole looking at image.

As you havnt said whats wrong with your broadband anyway we dont no , but at a guess if the blocks been wet its had a noisy line causing dropouts and slow speeds, this will be sorted with new block / dropwire if faulty and a profile reset (normaly does its self after 72 hrs of a stable conection)

Tags
broadband, bt, cable, company, connection, credit, line, slow, speed, speeds, tools