Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Networking

Old 23-October-2008, 13:56
EverBlue

Default winroute configuration issue - NAT - Large Email disconnects

Dear all,
I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with this issue. I have searched internet a lot but couldn't find any clue.

My setting:
Please see the attachment. IPs are labelled for ease.

Four user groups - different rights. Each rights is defined based in IP address. Group 1 and 2 are the same, group 3 can view only certain websites, group 4 has only email access. Groups are below.
1 - No restriction
2- Full Access
3 - Limited Access
4 - Email only

Services, you can see in the attachment. I have no problem in browsing the website.

Problem:

The main issue is with sending emails. If there are one or two users connected, i can send emails of any size and it won't disconnect. But if there are more users (lets say more than 40 or 50), large emails do not go through. It will disconnect reaching 50% or less. The same is with google talk, it gets connected and disconnected.

I searched internet and found somewhere that it could be NAT table problem because it can't hold a lot of concurrent connections and email connection when it stays for long time will be disconnected.

Anyone, please help me with this and tell me if there is any issue with the configuration or do I have to do anything else to resolve this.

I am in the situation where I have to discard winroute coz of this problem, so appreciate an earlier reponse. Though I am happy with all other options of winroute.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winroute_config.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2164  
Old 24-October-2008, 11:19

Default Re: winroute configuration issue - NAT - Large Email disconnects

what OS is the winroute app running on?

have you looked in the event viwer logs (right click on the my computer icon and pick manage then goto the event viewer entries)

it might well ne running out of connection table space but depending on the OS there might be a way to raise that limit

Sil

PS, welcome to TS!
Old 25-October-2008, 06:20
EverBlue

OS is windows 2000 server and winroute version is 6.5.1.

Have you seen anything odd on the winroute configration I did?

I couldn't find anything in event viewer, except some errors generated by the winroute machine saying "couldn't identify computer name" which I think is not linked to this issue.
Old 25-October-2008, 11:14

I haven't looked at winroute for about 6 or 7 years so can't comment on how to set it up,. you might try emailing / contacting winroute support,.

it's a computer thing so you never really know but the fact that it works ok and then starts to fail when it's busy points to a resource exhaustion problem,.,. what is between the winroute box and the i'net,. is there any kind of NAT 'hardware' router that could be dropping the connections?
Old 29-October-2008, 06:07
EverBlue

isn't there anybody out there who could have the solution to this problem???? strange.

Tags
computer, connection, email, google, happy, internet, nat, router, talk, windows