Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Orange / Wanadoo / Freeserve
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-September-2006, 18:16
adie_gibson

DefaultFreeserve/Orange E-mail settings

I am trying to sort out my aunties computer ( she was with freeserve now changed to Orange) as she can send e-mails but can not receive mail.I was wondering if any one new what the mail settings should be,So I have the correct ones before I go around.
Old 05-September-2006, 18:31
adie_gibson

DefaultRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

sorry I forgot to mention she is on pay as you go.
Old 09-September-2006, 15:53
adie_gibson

I take it that no one else is using freeserve,or I have not explained the problem good enough.I have done loads of web searches for the settings for FS.net and keep get sent to orange .

I have tryied to locate the setting from FS.net but to no avail
Old 11-September-2006, 11:36
Jane52

I am with Orange, having signed up with them when it was Freeserve (it then became Wanadoo before changing to Orange). However I have not had to alter the mail settings throughout the changes. I am on Broadband but I believe the following mail settings would be the same for pay as you go:-
The incoming mail server setting I have is: pop.freeserve.co.uk
and the outgoing mail server is: smtp.freeserve.co.uk

There is more info on the following link about the account name mail setting as that is different for Broadband and pay as you go (it has the Freeserve settings as well as the Orange ones). It's a very long link but should be clickable on!
http://help.orange.co.uk/resultDispl...e=5002#Goto138

Not sure if this will help you or not but hope it will!
Old 11-September-2006, 13:09
adie_gibson

I Thank you for you responce Jane and I will try the settings you have given me and post back.I wanted to get these setting first before having to ring their support line(and looking the FOOL)and getting charged for the information.

Thanks Adie
Old 14-September-2006, 18:31
adie_gibson

I still can not get the settings to work,but we can now access them from her webmail.She is happy with this setup so I will leave this as it is.Regards for the info.
Old 14-September-2006, 20:17
Quaver

My Freeserve (joined 1999) settings are:

pop.wanadoo.co.uk
smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

Account username is: username.freeserve.co.uk
Works fine.
Old 15-September-2006, 10:48
Jane52

My account name email setting is the bit that comes after the "@" in my email address. The "@fs" which is at the end of my username does not have to be put at the end of my account name in the email setting.

Last edited by Jane52; 15-September-2006 at 10:56.
Old 15-September-2006, 16:07
Quaver

That's what I meant. If my email address is then my username is: myself.freeserve.co.uk
Old 16-September-2006, 10:15
Jane52

Thumbs upRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

Quaver the only reason I posted that was because my email address is: whereas my username given to me when I joined Freeserve is: myself.freeserve.co.uk@fs
Looking back at the Orange page that I linked to above it seems some people have the @fs at the end of their username but others don't. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 16-September-2006, 17:04
Quaver

I see, sorry I didn't know that.
What a strange username! @ coming right at the end!
Old 16-September-2006, 20:18
Jane52

SmileRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

Glad any confusion is sorted now Quaver!
That @fs at the end of our username has caused problems - when setting up an email account we don't have to put it, but when setting up our broadband router we did have to put it! I recently had to set up an email account on a new computer and mistakenly put the @fs and of course the email wouldn't work - it took me a while to figure out what the problem was and delete the @fs!
Old 27-November-2006, 02:28
the king

incoming :- pop.orangehome.co.uk
outgoing :- smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Old 21-December-2006, 13:49
OCS

I am trying to sort out my aunties computer ( she was with freeserve now changed to Orange) as she can send e-mails but can not receive mail.I was wondering if any one new what the mail settings should be,So I have the correct ones before I go around.
Originally Posted by adie_gibson View Post
Hello,

The connection uses a POP3 Sever. The Server names should be pop.orangehome.co.uk and smtp.orangehome.co.uk. The account name and password should be your username (everything after the @ symbol in the email address) and the internet password.

Thank you.
Old 22-February-2007, 15:19

My SMTP outgoing mails stopped working this morning so I read this forum and changed setting to smtp.orangehome.co.uk and it started working again!

Nice of them to tell us!

Cheers

J
Old 23-February-2007, 11:27
Catherine M

Hello All, just come across this forum. Yes, last night I found that I could not send e-mails either and the error message said to change the settings. Here is today's really useless type question - how do you do that? As someone else said, they could have told us!!! Thanks and please can someone help?
Old 23-February-2007, 18:45
adie_gibson

Hello All, just come across this forum. Yes, last night I found that I could not send e-mails either and the error message said to change the settings. Here is today's really useless type question - how do you do that? As someone else said, they could have told us!!! Thanks and please can someone help?
Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
Hi Catherine, Welcome to the scream.To change your settings

1.Open your Outlook Express and goto Tools,click and you will see Accounts.
2.Click on Accounts, then mail ,this will show Internet settings.
3.Click on your (it may show as pop.Orange/Freeserve)mail address ,then Properties,then click servers.
4. You will see your Incoming and your Outgoing setting,This is where you change your settings to
outgoing :- smtp.orangehome.co.uk.
If this is wrong please post back.
Old 18-April-2007, 18:16
egnaro

AngryRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

My SMTP outgoing mails stopped working this morning so I read this forum and changed setting to smtp.orangehome.co.uk and it started working again!

Nice of them to tell us!

Cheers

J
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Loads of people (myself included) are having problems with SENDING emails since about February.

I thought that by changing from smtp.freeserve.co.uk to smtp.orangehome.co.uk the problems would go away. They don't they come and go, which isn't surprising as both of them point to the same IP addresses (i.e. they are the same set of 7 computers).

I believe the problem is that these servers are overloaded at peak times and Orange is too stingy to sort the problem out!
Old 06-May-2007, 14:20
stevieuk

I'm not sure why my setting are like this???

pop.freeserve.com
smtp.orange.co.uk

But they seem to work ok. Should I change tham or leave?
Old 26-October-2007, 09:20
Leslie

Can't recieve email, but can send it. Was freeserve dial-up, then wanadoo then orange before getting talktalk broadband. Needed to keep original email address for work. Every thing OK for last six months with occasional 'wrong password' message, which went away if shut down/restart or just wait for a while. Have strange setting as wanted to keep old email and wonder if anyone else like me:
incoming mail (pop3) pop.orangehome.co.uk
outgoing mail (smtp) smpt.talktalk.net.
Have changed outgoing to smpt.orangehome.co.uk - not worked.
error message about password - have reinstalled - not worked.
Error message:
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 - can anyone please advise?
Old 15-February-2008, 10:53
Hockey72000

Hey! Not sure if im in the right place? I need some help with my mums home computer!

She has freeserve e-mail address on her computer, I have just got her a new computer and trying to get the e-mails to work is a pain. I can copy the pop setting etc.... but cannot do the password. I tried phoning but dont want to pay 50p/pm for an hour (which it states it may take) so I was wondering if like you foget a password on paypal etc... you can click a "fogot your password" button and hey presto it's done. If anyone can assist on what I should do then I would be most greatful!

Cheers
Old 15-February-2008, 18:52
Screamager

Hiya.

This free prog should give you the info.

Download the pspv.zip file (Download link is near the bottom of the page.) and extract it to its own folder on the PC that has the Freeserve email account, go into the folder and double click on the pspv.exe, it will open a window and display all/most usernames/passwords that are stored on the PC.

You can save the list in a text file, by clicking on File/Save Raw Data. Give the file a name and click the Save button. It should save into the folder you extracted the program to.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html
Old 29-January-2009, 21:09
Jess

Hi Catherine, Welcome to the scream.To change your settings

1.Open your Outlook Express and goto Tools,click and you will see Accounts.
2.Click on Accounts, then mail ,this will show Internet settings.
3.Click on your (it may show as pop.Orange/Freeserve)mail address ,then Properties,then click servers.
4. You will see your Incoming and your Outgoing setting,This is where you change your settings to
outgoing :- smtp.orangehome.co.uk.
If this is wrong please post back.
Originally Posted by adie_gibson View Post
The settings are grey and I cannot change them. How do I access them?
Old 20-March-2009, 21:20
Stuey

Red faceRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

OK, so was with Wanadoo, and then it switched to Orange. Now have a new computer and need to set up the e-mail settings.

Have got the outgoing mails working with:
pop.wanadoo.co.uk

Can't get incoming working with any combination of
mail.
stmp.
mail.stmp
pop.

&

wanadoo.co.uk
freeserve.co.uk
talktalk.co.uk
orange.co.uk
orangehome.co.uk

Any suggestions, other than a new e-mail address?

Also having problems with my other tesco.net outgoing e-mail server!
Old 31-March-2009, 10:17
Jane52

Can't get incoming working with any combination of
mail.
stmp.
mail.stmp
pop.
Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
I realise that it's probably just a typing error but I notice that in your post you've put stmp rather than smtp...if by any chance the same typing error was made when setting up the email account it would maybe explain the problem.
Old 07-May-2009, 20:20
rach87

I joined when it was freeserve. I am currently trying to set up a mozilla email account, i have managed to set things up but am now being asked to set up a password on pop.orangehome.co.uk when i type a password in, it says its incorrect. Is there a general password for pop.orangehome.co.uk that i could try?
Old 21-June-2009, 11:27
omarmoss

WinkRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

You can find all of the correct email settings here and for those with further problems, working alternative fixes can be found at orange smtp email service problems.

I hope these help.

Last edited by bouncingjohn; 21-June-2009 at 11:55. Reason: Fixed link
Old 02-November-2009, 16:48
nicola1389

hii can somone help me plese im orange user i used webmail for years but am now trying to set up on windows mail i think i have my pop setting right it is just the issue of email username if your email is say than what would you put and what would the password be i now there is a link but their are just so many things to try it confuses me so much
Old 02-February-2010, 18:01
Magus

Hi everyone.
The information given above is correct, but to sum up several replies in one...

The usual Freeserve dial-up username format was "user.freeserve.co.uk" (could also be "user.fsnet.co.uk" *).
email address format would therefore be "".

(In reality, "mymail" can be anything at all, and mail will still reach your inbox.
The amount of spam I get with "" is unreal)

When converting from dial-up to broadband, username becomes "user.freeserve.co.uk@fs"
BUT email remains the same ("")
It looks like that might be where the confusion has arisen.

When I converted to broadband, I chose to keep my same username (but with @fs added).
Anyone who chose a new name, would find that after approx 90 days of non-use (I don't remember the exact period) their old dial-up username expired and email would stop working.
It was possible to reactivate your old account but you had to phone Freeserve, to do it.

Other Freeserve info...
Phone Number:- 0845 079 6699
email... Incoming:- pop.freeserve.net / Outgoing:- smtp.freeserve.net
Webspace:- www.user.freeserve.co.uk
Proxy:- www-cache.freeserve.net / Port:- 8080.
FTP Server:- FTP://uploads.webspace.freeserve.net

* email and username can be either "freeserve" or "fsnet" but all other addresses are "freeserve", as typed.

Hope this helps to clarify things?
Old 07-March-2010, 00:11
snod

Thumbs upRe: Freeserve/Orange E-mail settings

Set up a Hotmail account. Once you have done this it is easy to set up for hotmail to receive all your mail from freeserve. Its a doddle, i did it and I am to daft to throw sh*t at

Snod

Tags
broadband, company, computer, connection, email, free, happy, home, internet, laptop, line, mail, mobile, new computer, orange, phone, port, router, settings, smtp, talk, talktalk, tesco, tools, virgin, web, windows

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode