Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31-January-2007, 13:57
m-tek

DefaultRe: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

Come on people..... if you read the start of the thread the link to upgrade is there.....

/tech/upgrade.html
Old 31-January-2007, 16:05
gadget32

Hi,

I upgrade with file: recovery_425.2sp and now i can change the power setting to 4

I did try file: bt-2700hgv_reinstall_voice_adsl.5-29-107-12.2sp but the power setting disappears from the menu all together.

What upgrade do i have to do to get power level 10?

Thanks
Old 31-January-2007, 19:33
Screamager

http://rapidshare.com/files/14057700...-29-107-12.2sp

Hosting it for a while
Originally Posted by m-tek View Post
Dudes - that original BT firmware (UK) caused my BT2700HGV to disconnect randomly from BT broadband. I don't know why, but when I restored the SBC firmware back (USA one) everything settled down again. I mean it's a little too much of a fluke, that it runs for 5 months with SBC unlocked firmware with no issues whatsoever, but as soon as I flashed THIS BT ONE in, it disconnected three times in 20 mins.

Another case of BT engineers/whoever messing up their products, and not testing their firmwares/routers properly!. Remember the crappy BT home hub?.. *HOW* many of those have I had and they are ALL CRAPOLA!!.

My mate has one also and you just cannot connect to it via Wifi.. period!.

Stick with SBC and forefeit the stupid internet screening options - there is perfectly good software out there for filtering internet content, on the fly. Try "naomi" for windows - it works flawlessly, filtering undesirable sites and content.

BT: Sort ya crappy products out

Belkin: Declare yourselves Bankrupt - all your products are CACK!!
Old 01-February-2007, 08:52
divadow

new firmware's all very nice but there just isn't any wifi power settings to choose at all now. joy
Old 02-February-2007, 11:50
markkyboy

DefaultBT 2700HGV Firmware Flashing

Hi Guys,
complete success with the firmware 4.25.19, i now can change my Wifi signal right to the hilt (400MW i believe, dont quote me), with a choice of 1 - 10 on the drop down menu!
No screening controls and no VOIP - who cares, not me!
Thanks guys for all the info provided here on this forum.
Regards
Markkyboy
p.s. you don't make an omelette without breaking eggs!
Old 02-February-2007, 20:07

new firmware's all very nice but there just isn't any wifi power settings to choose at all now. joy
Originally Posted by divadow View Post
The log shows power setting to be 40mW(level 1), which might be a problem for some wifi users. Except for the access and fusion utilties there's nowt much difference.
Old 03-February-2007, 03:53
PsahuUSA

Hi All,
I have been running SW 5.29.107.12 for a week with no problem, may be because I am in USA. I had problem setting first than I went to router summary page by typing on window explorer 192.168.1.254 and ran Run the System Setup Wizard and enter Key Code: 52AN-2374-WHE2-22AZ-B27S which is ATT key code this may help not to connect back to BT site. Wireless I don?t have don?t have any issue it seem fusion wireless is stronger then the regular wireless, than again we don?t have brick houses here in California. Good luck.
PsahuUSA
Old 04-February-2007, 13:31
davewuk

Can't see what version DV8s firmware flash is supposed to be, is it an improvement on 4.25.23?
Old 05-February-2007, 03:22
azimx

AngryRe: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

i too have the bgt277hgv..have flashed it with 4.25.19 abt 10 times now i still cannot get the power level of 10.
i have a choice of 1-4 with only 3 channels 5,6,7..... and to be honest their doesn seem to ba any extra range between power level 1 and 4!?
any ideas?
have tried reflashing back to BTs orig firmware..then back down to 4.25.19..still no good.
Old 05-February-2007, 12:54
Screamager

DefaultRe: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

Hi all, is there a way to unlock for any UK isp including the 1-10 wireless power but leave the voip enabled?
Old 05-February-2007, 18:36
davewuk

There is no need to unlock the router to make it work with other ISPs just follow the DNS poisoning trick. As for VOIP, none of the flash methods have unlocked this feature to other SIP providers, the poisoning trick will leave it in place but you can't change the server address details :-(

This begs the question, has no one with the right tools managed to reverse engineer the firmware to remove the reference to BTs service and open it up to other options, what is the difficulty?
Old 05-February-2007, 19:31
davewuk

Oh...but I don't know 'bout power levels, a flash is the only way it seems!
Old 05-February-2007, 22:55
Screamager

There is no need to unlock the router to make it work with other ISPs just follow the DNS poisoning trick. As for VOIP, none of the flash methods have unlocked this feature to other SIP providers, the poisoning trick will leave it in place but you can't change the server address details :-(

This begs the question, has no one with the right tools managed to reverse engineer the firmware to remove the reference to BTs service and open it up to other options, what is the difficulty?
Originally Posted by davewuk View Post
Thanks for reply Dave, better just to unlock the things then at least you get the extra wireless power
Old 06-February-2007, 00:19
davewuk

I'm holding out in the hope someone susses it out, shame to waste the voip features. Do you really need the power levels?
Old 07-February-2007, 03:14
Thrifty Tinkerer

CoolRe: Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv

Picked up a BT2Wire2700HGV for £10 from a pawnshop.

Version is 4.25.33

Would that mean its flashed and unlocked already? Although the power setting slider only shows 1 with no other option?

I had almost no trouble getting it onto Eclipse adsl, put in my log in, ran the diagnostic twice and there is was.

Then again chaps, the other pc i want on this thing is across the room not 1km away so i'm not interested in jamming my 'hood with a wifi signal arms race. =)

Just thought id mention it didnt jig with what this thread has been saying or i missed something? Anyhoo, im happy i got a decent bargain on a stealthy gateway with its own firewall & wifi and all that good stuff for a tenner. Works much better than the 'oblong of crap' speedtouch330 the isp supplied.

Now to get the xubuntu box onto it too and its all gravy.

Cheers peeps.
Old 07-February-2007, 16:07
Screamager

Picked up a BT2Wire2700HGV for £10 from a pawnshop.

Version is 4.25.33

Would that mean its flashed and unlocked already? Although the power setting slider only shows 1 with no other option?

I had almost no trouble getting it onto Eclipse adsl, put in my log in, ran the diagnostic twice and there is was.

Then again chaps, the other pc i want on this thing is across the room not 1km away so i'm not interested in jamming my 'hood with a wifi signal arms race. =)

Just thought id mention it didnt jig with what this thread has been saying or i missed something? Anyhoo, im happy i got a decent bargain on a stealthy gateway with its own firewall & wifi and all that good stuff for a tenner. Works much better than the 'oblong of crap' speedtouch330 the isp supplied.

Now to get the xubuntu box onto it too and its all gravy.

Cheers peeps.
Originally Posted by Thrifty Tinkerer View Post
£10? lol Mine was free!. No the firmware you quoted is NOT unlocked - this one is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8deet

All the same, £10 is cheap enough for a router that costs NOTHING.
Old 08-February-2007, 09:58
M-TEK

How do you work out "NOTHING" ... unless your a BT customer ... Which if everyone on this thread was ...there wouldnt be a thread as you wouldnt need it unlocking ...???
Old 10-February-2007, 13:49
davewuk

What gives with VOIP on non BT ISPs? Am I correct in understanding that it is not supposed to work?
Old 10-February-2007, 16:53

What gives with VOIP on non BT ISPs? Am I correct in understanding that it is not supposed to work?
Originally Posted by davewuk View Post
Some firmwares do not have VOIP capability.The BT firmware has registrar details built in but non-alterable.
Old 11-February-2007, 16:27
Sidd

I have unlocked my 2700HGV but it only connects at 4.5mbps whereas my old belkin router connected at 8mbps.
Is the 2700hgv limited to 4.5mbps? or is mine faulty?
My line can handle 8mbps and i have connected at that speed before.
anyone got any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks
Old 11-February-2007, 17:14
Screamager

I have unlocked my 2700HGV but it only connects at 4.5mbps whereas my old belkin router connected at 8mbps.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
I take it you are on some kind of 'ADSL MAX' service?. Noone gets the *full* 8mbps rate, no matter what B*llSh** the ISP may feed you. Every time you disconnect/reconnect your router from the line, it means that the line has to re-train itself to establish the best possible connection rate.

The router may tell you it is "syncing" at 8mbps - "syncing" does *NOT* mean that you will see this speed in connection; it simply means that the line has told the router that it can handle this speed as an *absolute maximum*, but the speed is dropped down from that, in order that you don't experience spurious disconnects/connection errors and dropouts.

I am on BT Business Broadband ADSL MAX, with the exact same router, and I get between 4.5 - 6.0 mbps __MAXIMUM__. I am more than happy with this speed, and I can assure you that there are not many routers better built than the BT2700HGV.
Old 12-February-2007, 12:07

Thanks
dslzoneuk.net has an explanation of maxdsl that we all might find useful.
Old 14-February-2007, 17:07
Screamager

Thanks
As Unlokia has stated you will never get the speed promised, I can sync at 8128 virtually all the time and get around 5.5-6meg and I'm quite happy with this. An awful lot depends on your line quality, distance from exchange, wether you are using the BT master socket or an extension. I'm afraid there are lots of different variables. I actually prefer to sync between 7-7.5 as it gives me greater stability.

@Sidd try rebooting your 2700 during the day when the snr is quite high(it drops in the evening)

And yes I can also recommend DSLZone great forum lots of great hints and tips, speed testers, wiring diagrams etc
Old 19-February-2007, 22:29
appleby

Hi
I am new to this I like to know how to solve my access to my mail is okay I open the message but anthing after this I get This page cannot be displayed It happens on othe mail servers and also cannot get in on ebay using my talktalk modem speedtouch it works fine. I have been reading all the threads and tried to follow alot of the advise I followed unlokia advise and others but still this problem persists. Any Help or advise
Thank you
Old 20-February-2007, 03:38
Moose999

I cannot get power level 10 either, recovery_425.2sp only shows levels 1-4, and bt-2700hgv_reinstall_voice_adsl.5-29-107-12.2sp has no power setting! Has anyone got level 10 from these things, and if so can they post the firmware?
i too have the bgt277hgv..have flashed it with 4.25.19 abt 10 times now i still cannot get the power level of 10.
i have a choice of 1-4 with only 3 channels 5,6,7..... and to be honest their doesn seem to ba any extra range between power level 1 and 4!?
any ideas?
have tried reflashing back to BTs orig firmware..then back down to 4.25.19..still no good.
Originally Posted by azimx View Post
Old 20-February-2007, 13:05
Screamager

I cannot get power level 10 either, recovery_425.2sp only shows levels 1-4, and bt-2700hgv_reinstall_voice_adsl.5-29-107-12.2sp has no power setting! Has anyone got level 10 from these things, and if so can they post the firmware?
Originally Posted by Moose999 View Post
I always get level 10 and channel 1-11 when I unlock one using 425.2sp. Have you put in your ISP logon details and rebooted?
Old 20-February-2007, 13:14
markkyboy

Hello again - Yes!, i have successfully flashed my router with the file called recovery_425.2sp, i dont have VOIP or Internet Screening (implemented in BT's firmware) anymore but what i do have is a power setting for my WiFi output, 1 thru to 10, great reception!
There's no point in me uploading the file i used as it's already available thru these forums! (seek and ye shall find!).
Be patient when going thru the flashing of your router, follow the prompts carefully and just wait, it worked for me, it can work for you.
DNS Resolve is fixed with this flash too, the previous BT firmware had the original owners ISP details already programmed in to it, with the new firmware, you put in your details and they stay, even after a reboot/reset of the router, no more lying to the DNS Resolve with false IP addresses!
The flash file named 'recovery_425.2sp' is a generic firmware from an American ISP called SBC, the home page layout is very similar to that of BT's home page/firmware.
For those of you who are having problems, keep trying guys, be patient, it does work.
Regards
Markkyboy
Old 20-February-2007, 14:04
Moose999

Yep, i have the SBC page that looks like the BT page. I am not using the router as a router, only as an access point. As such, there is nothing in the WAN port, just my LAN in one of the ethernet ports. I have changed the original ISP settings , which were an SBC customer's. There were no "problems" with the flash reported by the webapp. Maybe it needs WAN access to SBC to kick the 11 channel, 10 power setting, superwireless in, rather than my 3 channel, 4 power setting version.
Old 20-February-2007, 14:30
Drone

Can anyone please tell me how to apply the recover 425.2sp patch as i am a newbie with computers
Old 20-February-2007, 14:32
dRONE

cAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO APPLY THE FLASH TO MY bt 2700 hgv rOUTER

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode